OtakuBoards

RPG. What makes people tic? [E]

Aberinkula

I want to make an RPG but I first want to know what kind people like better. For example I like RPG's that are fantasy or sci-fi, I want to know what people would rather have as a genre. And what rating of rpg's people join. I need this info so that I can make an RPG to what peopple like most. So say you like Mystery RP's, Say you do and what rating of threads you usually join. Here's what I usually like. Sci-fi, Comedy, and Fantasy. And the ones I like are usually rated PG13-LVS.

I'll let this through for a while so post about the RPG specifications you like.

[size=1]Although I am a fan of fantasy and sci-fi RPGs, I don't specifically look for those.

For starters, I usually browse the Inn for catchy titles. If they intrigue me, then I go look at what the RPG is, whether the genre is sci-fi or high-school or whichever.

The ratings don't really decide what kind of RPG I do, but I've found that I join mostly M-rated ones. I don't really know why, but it seems that the ones I join are rated that, for whatever reason.

Hope that helps.[/size]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Well, with different genre's your going to get a lot of different members.

For instance, if you make a fantasy-esque RPG you'll get a lot of people like Myself, Sakura, Ezekiel, and Revelation (to name a few). Sci-Fi will get you members like Gavin, Jokopoko, and Blayze. Modern times will get you a various amount of members and Cartoony/Video Game RPG's tend to draw in people like Sandy, JJ and Sakura.

There will always be occasions where people sign up for something they don't normally sign-up for, but that's just because it really depends more on the RPG itself and not the genre.

Basically, I skim the Adventure Inn for an interesting title, open the thread, read a tiny bit and decide if I like it or not. If I do, I'll read the whole thing and if I don't, I'll just look some more. Fancy graphics usually help draw more attention (it's what got me interested in Color of Magic) and so does having it in your signature (people who don't normally visit the Arena see it).[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Yeah, it's mostly down to the individual RP. Eh, for example... not to be insulting to anyone, but an RP lacking skill will generally draw people who... well, lack skill. While an incredibly good one, no matter the subject, will draw all sorts of players. And since ratings aren't always accurate, and don't really say much about the RP itself, they don't hold much sway over a potential player's decision to play or not. I know, I'm being repetitive...

I haven't RPed in a while, but when I was doing a lot of it, I tended toward fantasy and sci-fi. I liked comedy too, but not so much. RPs with unique sign-ups are fun as well. As for ratings, I'd probably look for something with all three cautionary letters, not necessarily because I like those things, but because it covers everything, so you don't have to worry about censoring your posts, should you suddenly want to use one.[/COLOR][/FONT]