OtakuBoards

Fear Factor

Up4anime

Does anyone else watch Fear factor and think they could do the challenges?
I Love that show even though it's kinda gross at times.
I think i could be on it with the physical challenges but the gross stuff like eating worms
count me out.I cant drink milk without gaging so a worm No Way!

I used to watch it, but then it lost it's shine after the stunts got repetitive. Also, the contestants always striked me as false and clichéd. The african-americans' were always "I grew in da ghetto so I gotta beat everybody!" and then there were the sobby "I'm doing this to my mom who has cancer!" and the parents were always "My children will be so proud that I overcame my fears!". Then there were those blatant overactors, especially during the "gross challenges".

... It just got [I]bleh[/I], you know. The last time I saw it, there was this big "couples" tournament with about a dozen couples competing during several episodes. But yeah, it's a good concept that unfortunately couldn't keep me interested for very long.

[QUOTE=Sandy]I used to watch it, but then it lost it's shine after the stunts got repetitive. Also, the contestants always striked me as false and clichéd. The african-americans' were always "I grew in da ghetto so I gotta beat everybody!" and then there were the sobby "I'm doing this to my mom who has cancer!" and the parents were always "My children will be so proud that I overcame my fears!". Then there were those blatant overactors, especially during the "gross challenges".

... It just got [I]bleh[/I], you know. The last time I saw it, there was this big "couples" tournament with about a dozen couples competing during several episodes. But yeah, it's a good concept that unfortunately couldn't keep me interested for very long.[/QUOTE]
I never minded the stunt thing as long as there were new people doing them.I also never thought anyone was overacting during the gross challenges they were being real.
Anyways the newer episodes are better the host got into a fight with one of the contestants.(lol)

[QUOTE=Up4anime]
Anyways the newer episodes are better the host got into a fight with one of the contestants.(lol)[/QUOTE]

Oh, the tricks they pull to get higher viewer ratings... *rolls eyes*

The thing with reality-tv is that you can't trust it being "reality" at all. From the very beginning of the genre there has been scriptwriters, directors and producers dictating what should happen to these "real life people who are NOT actors".

I don't mind it, though, as I still find Amazing Race and Survivor very interesting, but I've also seen a local reality-tv competition where everything was for real, and there was only one thing to describe it: [I]boring[/I].

[QUOTE=Sandy]Oh, the tricks they pull to get higher viewer ratings... *rolls eyes*

The thing with reality-tv is that you can't trust it being "reality" at all. From the very beginning of the genre there has been scriptwriters, directors and producers dictating what should happen to these "real life people who are NOT actors".

I don't mind it, though, as I still find Amazing Race and Survivor very interesting, but I've also seen a local reality-tv competition where everything was for real, and there was only one thing to describe it: [I]boring[/I].[/QUOTE]
I do think that most of the stuff on reality tv is fake,but thats the same with survivor too.I only see Amazing Race as the real thing.
I even find America's got Talent fake(some of those people were paid to make fools of them selves).

• 4 weeks later...
I Do not watch fear factor anymore, but I used to think some of the stunts looked really easy.
Others I knew that there was not a chance that I could do them. It's amazingly strange how some of the people get scared by the easy stunts, while others fell confident about the really difficult ones.

I rarely watch fear factor, anymore, cos it's not broadcasted too much in Vegas. [proabaly after the episode in Vegas]

there is only one stunt I could do, my ancestors did it alot.

the one where that have to eat an egg with the duck fetus, in it.

in the philippines that stuff is top notch foodstuffs.

I'll pass on that, mate. :sick:

- whitey.

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I used to enjoy watching Fear Factor every once in a while. I was never big on the second stage (that was the eating part), but the final courses were always neat. Now I never see it on (was it cancelled?).

Anyway, some of the things they did with bugs were just a tad durastic. Eating cave spiders? That was cool. Sitting in a bath of earwigs? Not cool. I think that they just took non-violent and/or eatable insects and threw them into a bath for the challenge. Besides, the ones including bugs were never creative (except that one vegas one).

-The [b]Original[/b] White[/FONT][/COLOR]