OtakuBoards

Books That Make You "LOL"

visualkei

I've read Roald Dahl's autobiography, [I][B]Boy[/B][/I], of his childhood quite a few times already. And every time I read it I laugh out loud. In case some of you don't know, he's the author of many famous children's novels such as Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach.

Some of my favorite parts in the book is when Dahl and his friends played a trick on a candy shop owner by putting a dead rat in one of her candy jars. Another is when he was in a private school, and he was forced to sit on a toilet and warm it for one of the senior students before they used it. :animesmil I highly recommend this relatively short book if you're in the mood for some light humorous reading.

I'd like to read more books that are humorous, and considered quality reading material. Do you have any suggestions, and why? What's so great or funny about the book you could suggest?

I'm interested in another book called [I][B]The Know-It-All[/B][/I], about a man's quest to memorize the whole encyclopedia. Some people on the radio were raving about it, and I was wondering if anyone's read this?

[COLOR=Sienna]The first one that comes to mind is, of course, [B]The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy[/B]. It's simply hilarious. It's a trilogy in 5 parts, and every one of them is gold. I loved the Restaurant at the End of the Universe the most. I've read it over and over and it never gets old. Just the general way Doug Adams describes the universe, and the way the characters act, is hilarious and ingenius.

My favourite qoutes... "The knack to flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground, and miss." "The hung there, much the way bricks don't."

And the best quote of all.... "If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up. After a few months' consideration and observation he abandonded this theory in favor of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working. "[/COLOR]