OtakuBoards

Neon Genesis Evangelion Angelic Days

AnimeHeroX

Wow i finished reading this book like 4 times already it is awesome. if anyone remember the last episode of neon genesis evangelion [spoiler] where the character's go to an alternet version of the show where the second impact never happened the characters are all at peace and live pretty normal lives. [/spoiler]Well this book starts where the series ended.

And i gotta tell this book is awesome makes me wish the whole original series was like it not that the original version bad.but always love comdey mixed with a little romance but not alot of romance. but for any neon genesis fans out their you have to check out Neon genesis Evangelion Angelic days this book get a 10 out of 10 :D and who know's if enough people love the book the might push the releash date up even faster. :D

[quote name='Doublehex]I was [I]thinking[/I'] of buying it when I went to Barnes & Nobles to get my summer reading books, but remembering all the bad rep it got on evafics.org, I decided against it.[/quote]

Well you can't believe everything you read. so i guess you wouldn't at least consider giving the book a try? excuse me if i sound pushy i don't mean to be. :D

[quote name='AnimeHeroX']Well you can't believe everything you read. so i guess you wouldn't at least consider giving the book a try? excuse me if i sound pushy i don't mean to be. :D[/quote]

I'll probably dl it off of uTorrent to see if it is any good at all, just to play it safe.

• 3 months later...
heres another pro for the book i dont know why they would give it a bad review......they must have read the wrong manga. but i read it and loved it. i know im not the only one cause i borrowed from another person who loved it.... im just pissed that i cant buy them myself right now. its the same evangelion we know and love but this is a new story in an alternate universe. it makes it a lil better because you might already know some of the plots but from what i read it seems that this one is gonna focus more on there regular lives than them being in the evas which should be cool cause know youll know more about a character (regardless of it being in an alternate universe)
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]only1specialed[/B], here at OtakuBoards, we greatly emphasize the concept of having clear, easy to read posts. This includes correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation. If a member is posting with very poor quality, they will be asked to clean up their future posts. If the member persists in posting poorly, they will be banned from the site. Please work on your post quality as it just makes it easier for other members to understand what you are trying to say. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

i started to read angelic days but got bored, remind me again that's the one with mana in it isn't it??

I much prefer the Retake doujishi, where shinji see the whole series as a dream and goes out of his way to make friend with Asuka. Finally after a few chapter shinji and asuka fall in love and towards the end, Asuka gets pregnant by shinji and they plan to get married.

I won't give the whole thing away but it is a good read i highly recommend it.

[quote name='only1specialed']I?ve never heard of the retake doujishi. Are those mangas out or how can I find them. It took me a little while to get used to the way all the characters look in angelic days. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of the next manga when it comes out.[/quote]

You can get the retake doujishi from[ [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Link removed by Moderator[/COLOR]]
just go to torrents and request that someone put them all up, there very well drawn though, at some points it's almost like your actually reading the evangelion manga. But it's a defaint must read for a true eva fan
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1][INDENT][B]duoikari[/B], you've been a member long enough to know better than to link to adult material. And linking to sites with scans of copyrighted materials is not permitted either. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]