OtakuBoards

Gundam, Dying Out?????

Zaku II

Im starting to wonder if it is. Hardly no one posts in this forum any more. I dont know if its cause their all at the other Gundam sites boards or what. I think its partly because of the removal of Gundam Wing from the air. Alot of people dont like the original gundam and half the people cant stay up untill midnight everynight, especially during school. Wonder what it is.

:rolleyes: And some of us don't got cable so we can't watch any series at all! :eek: Sorry didn't mean to scare you there. The only anime I can really watch is Digimon...I'm sorry not really interested. [COLOR=skyblue]But I think it still has a lot of posts. The Bug's Life forums I go to are practically dead!! It could be a time thing too. *shrug* [/COLOR] I know I'll never get to 500 posts. :( I just don't know enough.

I used to have cable ohh those were the days and then i moved out of my parents house and am now to poor to get it back so i am bassicly stuck with digimon to{which i dispise}.My only good thing to say is thank god i started buying the 0083 dvds a while back...
Who knows though maybe medabots will not suck so bad {or at least not so bad a beer can't handle my frustration at it}.

It's too soon to say that. There are still a lot of Gundam not shown in the U.S. and other countries out there, so Gundam is not yet dead by a long shot. Probably the lack of [i]bishounen[/i] is partly the reason why not too many are into Mobile Suit Gundam; after all, the premise of [i]bishounen[/i] presence in Gundam Wing is to attract demale audiences to Gundam.

I agree you know... I don't think that gundam will die off.After the popularity of GW it's just to fer fetched to think gundam will just vanish,From what i have read and heard from friends 0080 or 0083 will be released on toonami some time this fall the reason cn cut back on toonami in the summer was because the always looose ratings in the summer...I mean honestly would rather be out doing something or at home watching tv.Per usual they are doing the same thing Fox,Wb,Abc,are doing so that when the school season starts up and everyone is home again they will release there big guns...

[QUOTE] There are still a lot of Gundam not shown in the U.S. and other countries out there, so Gundam is not yet dead by a long shot. [/QUOTE]

That's very true. ;) Also that point about the boy chars. (Sorry can remember a dang Japanese word.) It definately attracted this female as an audience. :D I still think that Gundam still has a good long stretch b4 dying.

Guest Altron Gundam
Because Gundam Wing is such a crappy series, but was successful anyway, its helpful to predict 0083 and Char's Counterattack will do 5x better.

Guest Pyromaniac
GUNDAM WING DOES NOT SUCK!!!!! Sorry, but it happens to be my second fave. anime(after DBZ). Anyway, I think Gundam still has a while to go. If you go to any anime store, they still sell GW toys, models, movies(VHS and DVD), along with other GW merchandise. GW isn't gone by a long shot.

Guest Altron Gundam
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pyromaniac [/i]
[B]GUNDAM WING DOES NOT SUCK!!!!! Sorry, but it happens to be my second fave. anime(after DBZ). Anyway, I think Gundam still has a while to go. If you go to any anime store, they still sell GW toys, models, movies(VHS and DVD), along with other GW merchandise. GW isn't gone by a long shot. [/B][/QUOTE]

Gundam Wing- 5 Gundams that are godlike and invincible and even after getting hit by like 900 beam cannons still survive and destroy enemy fleet, meaning nothing can even make a scatch on the 5 suits, meaning no point to the series. All in all that sucks.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zaku II [/i]
[B]Yeah maybe so. Gundam Wing was good but not great. 0083 is great and Mobile Fighter G Gundam is sa-weet. hopefully it will pick up. [/B][/QUOTE]

Someone actually liked G Gundam? Wow, that's something. Not too many Gundam fans like that series, thanks to its Dragonball-style tournament format, along with Gundams that power-up like some Super Saiyan. But in fairness to G Gundam, it's actually a parody of such types of anime (meaning, tournament-style).

I think GW is a good starter series. It's story is easy to follow, the chars are easy to understand, and it is a good start for those beginning their intro'd with the anime genre. (Since Pokemon and Digimon are meant for a younger audience ;) )

Myself, being a newbie in the genre in general, have enjoyed GW. The animation looks clean and it's colorful, which makes it easier for me to watch. ^_^ The older anime style tends to turn me off. Since I only remember such series like Speed Racer and G-Force being animated like that. It will take me and any newbie some time b4 appreciation for the older style will set in. ;D Because it may enhance curiosity about the history of Gundams in general. Or wanting to see something different. ;)

I think once I see a whole episode of GW, I will be able to explore the other series. Since I will go NUTS, if I don't see a whole series. GAH! Die out...eventually yes...when we all die. LOL! Just as other cartoon series become forgotten. Time for such earthly things is the greatest and most undefeatable challenge of all.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Altron Gundam [/i]
[B]Because Gundam Wing is such a crappy series, but was successful anyway, [/B][/QUOTE]

Whadda ya trying to do? Get flamed?

By the way why chose the name then diss the show?

Gundam is just getting warmed up and admittedly Gundam Wing opened the door to all the other gundams and mecha anime in general, so I'm guessing we are gonna see a whole lot more pretty soon.

[COLOR=teal]I've been watching gundam all my life,Which is 9 years after it started to now,So without a doubt in my mind,I can say that Gundam will NEVER die out,Nore is Gundam Wing good.It is good for beginers,But i like the older anime better then the new.Mobile suit gundam had The Gundam(Pronounced Gun-D[b]a[/b]mn)Amuro,Who I think out of the series i've seen,Is the best piliot,and you have your two glipses of hentai!What's not to like!?[/COLOR]