Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bogger3k

RPG
Military Trade Ship Adauntus (M-VSL)

10 posts in this topic

Date: 458 E.D.

5.4 hours until the schedualed launch time for the Adauntus. Third and fourth system checks are being run on all opperating systems. The crew is nearing their briefing time. Supplies and cargo are being carried aboard the ship under most secrecy. Ammunitions and other sorts of defense items are being loaded in mass quantity. A run of this immportance shall need them, especially for the space sectors that shall be traveled.

While nearing the briefing session Kain is still playing with his computer, as he always does.

"Come on Gabby, work your magic for me." Kain says as his fingers dance over the keyboard. "Make sure those scatterwalls are still standing too. I don't want to get kicked off of this mission for something as simple as this." He watches as the data passed over the screen. Little digits, bit of information, spiraling around in another world, speaking another language. Fortuantly one that Kain Izzet was fluent in.

The little 1's and 0's where as plain as English to him by now. The sequence for the scatterwall programs flashed over the screen before his custom hacker menu's began to pop up. In the corner the words 'IEF Mainframe' were flashing informing him that his target was correct. A few clicks and a firewall was parted just enough for him to step through. Gabby sure was a peice of work that Kain admired.

"Ok, lets see... schematics... profiles... maintanence... security... plotting... hmm." He looked over it twice more. "Where is cargo? Perhaps they stuffed that somewhere else." He backtracked and figured that he'd try looking through a few of the encrypted files. "Hmm... lets see... backers... susidiaries... investors, bingo." Another click and a red bar came across the screen, then a door slammed shut in front of him. "What? Gabby, you said nothing about a safe-code style firewall." Kain smacked his head and sighed. "Well I'm not bothering with this now, too risky."

He backtracked and looked into the security systems. Then began to open the eyes of the security cameras until he began to find his soon to be shipmates...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COLOR=Purple][B]She flipped back the lock of red hair that fell into her eyes and looked up at what would be her home and worl place for a while and sighed. It was always the saem, she got onto a ship and found nothing but cranky drunken men. Not that she minded, she liked getting smashed every now and then to make a friend but her job required her to be on her toes at all times. She walked up the ramp to get onto the ship and let her eyes roam around till they landed ont he room with the red medical cross on it.
"Suppose that's me."
She walked over and smiled sweetly as an officer stopped her.
"Name and mission."
"Ojo Yamasaki, Medical."
He looked at her sheet and nodded.
"Alright, just stay out of my way."
She mock saluted and went into the little room she would be useing.
"Oh wow...you think they would opt to get a bigger room for the size of the thing, must be very comfident."
She unpacked her supplies and lined the trays the way she was suppose to and went out to look at the ship. She shed her outer white jacket to show the short white skirt and tight wihte and red tank top. She was a doctor and a nurse and showed the fact off. She smiled as the wind blew her hair back nearly takie her hat with it. This is what she loved the most the fresh open area of all of it. She let her lungs take in a huge lungful and then exhaled. She heard lightl clicking and followed it to where she saw a young amn close to her age hunckerd down over a lap top and smiled. She snuck up behind him and looked down over his shouder, her face closely next to his, her chin nearly resting on his hsoulder. He jumped and fell over.
"Sorry!"
She laughed as he clutched the lap top to his chest as he tried to slow his heart.
"I didn't mean to scare you so badly I thought you heard me come in, my boots aren't really all that quiet."
He looked up at her indignatly and frowned.
"I see, your the computer geek? Right?"
He frowned deeper making her laugh and sit down where he had been before her spooking him.
"I always thought they were old perverts sitting behind a desk drinking lots of beer and trying to get a young hot thing like em on the other side."
She laughed and winked down at him, holding out a hand she helped himup and checked for bruiseing.
"You seems fine, sorry about the scare. The name is Ojo Yamasaki, I'm the doctor here now. I poke, I prode, I never fondle."
She winked as he smiled back at her and let out a light laugh as he checked his lap top.
"Sorry for that agian. So you mind making friends or am I talking to a silent bob here?"
She held out his hand smileing as he took it and introduced himself[/B][/COLOR]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kain took her hand a little cautiously, but still kept a firm grip. "I'm Kain Izzet," his speech wasn't the same as he spoke to Gabby. He had to conduct himself differently with people around. "So, Ojo. You're medicle. A very impressive resume I will admit. Sorry for peaking into your profile, but I get board and knowing about your team can be very important."

He was worried by the look on her face that maybe he was creeping her out. "Uh, don't worry about the sneeking up on me thing. That would be slightly my fault. You see when I get really involved with what I am doing I tend to pay attention to only my computer. Everything else is just white noise to me. So you can trust that whenever missions take place I will always be on task, ma'am." How else to carry a conversation?

Kain held Gabby in one hand and began to rub the back of his neck. He twisted his face a little thinking of what else there was he could talk about. "Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any, but after the breifing, that's going to begin soon. Uh, want to go together? It would be easier..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COLOR=Sienna]The Adauntus was a bustling hive of activity, swarming with people doing their jobs to prepare her for her maiden voyage. Marines took orders from their officers, the Captain barked orders to his crewmembers, and countless other drones scurried around the ship, dutifuly preforming whatever trask their's might be. As busy as it was for them, it was worse for the mechanics and engineers in the ships bowels, who had been toiling away for days in preperation for this moment.

And of them, Roger Frampton was busiest of all. He'd been working for 3 days without rest, tirelessly checking and re-checking the thrusters that would power her from the grip of the planet's gravity, to the stars, and beyond. The only thing keeping him running was a cocktail of stimsim, caffeine, and various other chemicals he'd convinced his doctor to give him.
[B]
"Roger, give it a rest, man." [/B]Elliot Pollock said from behind Roger. He turned from the open pannel he was tinkering in, and dropped his hydrospanner on the portable work table he'd set up beside him. [B]"You're no good to anyone this dead."[/B]

Roger looked at the head mechanic - a short, rotund man who commanded more respect than his stature would indicate - and sighed, realising the wisdom in his words. [B]"Yea, you're right El... I just want to finish up one last thing... Gotta make sure this hyperconducter doesn't come loose..."[/B] He trailed off, loosing track of his thoughts amongst the chemicals.
[B]
"Look, man, you've checked that hyperconducter 5 times already. She ain't going anywhere. But if it'll make you feel better I'll do one last check. You should go topside, get some air, than get some sleep. We can handle this."[/B] Elliot said, grinning and slapping Roger on the arm. [B]"Get goin!"[/B]

Roger didn't protest. He stumbled through the throng of engineers - most of which he didn't recognize - and strewn equipment, making his way to one of the elevators. The smooth silver box was already on his floor, so he just stepped inside and pressed a botton. The elevator smoothly rose to the desired floor and Roger stumbled out half asleep into another throng of bustling people he didn't recognize. He pushed his way through them, trying to make his way to one of the outter decks.

The wind was just the refresher he needed. It always had that effect on him, it woke him right up. He took in a deep breath and let it go slowly, enjoying the night air. There weren't many people out here tonight, he noticed, just a thin guy with a laptop talking with what Roger assumed was a nurse. He didn't recognize either, but decided to talk to them anyways.
[B]
"Hey you guys!"[/B] He yelled over the winds. [B]"Good day for a launch, isn't it?"[/B[/COLOR]]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Identification please."

Den dug in his pocket for the card that had been issued him when he had been accepted for a place on the Adauntus. He produced it, handed it to the security officer and sighed inwardly when he scowled at him. They never liked mercs, even former mercs. It would have been on his profile, and this pale-skinned grunt had undoubtedly been ordered to memorize the file of everyone scheduled to come through this door. Couldn't be more than... hundred, two hundred people? But that was just this section.

"Proceed... sir," the officer finally mumbled. Den snatched his card back and walked lazily into the ships upper deck. Man, the ship was big. The average merchant vessel was a third the Adauntus' size. And what was this? An open-air deck? It would be sealed during flight of course, but who had designed such a gross luxurie on a military ship?

This would take some getting used to. Den had already checked his belongings, including his personal firearms, with the cargo crew. Now he just had to wait. Ridiculous, he decided as he scratched his leg where cybernetics met skin, this ship was ridiculous.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COLOR=Purple][B]Ojo nodded to the new guy and smiled at Kain.
"I think we should probably head for the breifing room to get a seat, not that it's starting anytime in like the next few minutes but just to get a god seat."
She looked around and frowned slightly as she caught sight of Den.
"Okay, anyone other then me notice that so far I am the ONLY girl here?"
She smiled wide and looked at den as he scratched his leg.
"Hey there, you wanna join us or sit here like a bump on a long?"
He gave her a shapr look that to anyone else would ahve meant 'leave me alone.' but to her it was just a challange.
"I'll take that as a nio, well anyway, I'm Ojo Yamasaki, I'm the doctor, not a nurse, I poke I prode, I never fondle."
She gave him a sweet smile as she had everyone and a friendly wink and walked ahead of the other two as they watched Den glare at her back. She was sure if looks could kill, she would be deader then a door nail. But she had wramed even the toughest guys and girls into calling her friend, she was pretty sure she could do it again.
"Well you comein' or what?"
She walked into her would beoffice and drapped the jacket over her chair behind the little desk and then walked back out and into the sunshine as she watched a few gulls pass over head.
"Well? You waitin for the grass to grow or what? You three will have roots by the time you move."
She laughed out loud at all of their faces and continued into the breifing room and took a seat proping her feet onto the table waiting patiently for the others while humming an old sialors tune that she had heard a drunk sing one night in a bar.[/B] [/COLOR]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kain patted Gabby and slowly began walking towards the breifing room. He wasn't sure if the other two were coming or not, but that really wasn't any concern of his, though now that he has seen their faces he is going to have to do a little prying later to see if there is anything that any of them doesn't want him or anyone else to know. It's good to know things about people when your life may be depending on them.

Stepping into the briefing room what nice, looked a lot better than most of the halls that he had been through on this base. After finding a chair he unfolding Gabby and began to do a little searching while waiting for the briefing to begin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Den gave Ojo's retreating back a confused look. Was the crew insane as well? This was starting to look increasingly like a bad idea. But he had to admit, it was better than sitting in some tiny cargo hold waiting for someone to blow a hole in the hull and charge in with automatics. And at least he would get a steady paycheck.

Den took a deep breath and followed Ojo and Kain into the briefing room. He took a seat three chairs to the right from Ojo, with Kain behind and to the left of him. At least it was fairly quiet in here. He caught a glimpse of Ojo grinning and closed his eyes. This was gonna be a long trip.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B][COLOR=Purple]Ojo looked from one boy to the next and sighed explosively.
"Anyone wanna play cards?"
Den looked at her strangely and Kain didn't even budge from that machine he cuddled, you would think he wnted to marry the thing. She leaned back and began to rock on one leg of the chair whistleing quietly and then slamed the chair back to the wooden floor gaining a irritated look from Den, she merely smiled in return and waved.
"You seem like a pretty high strung guy. Mercenary?"
He blinked, then frowned.
"Doesn't bother me, I dunno about cyber dude there but it doesn't bother me. I have healed alot of mercinaries in my time of being a doctor. Don't take it so seriously. If you keep being a prune you'll shrivle up like one."
She laughed out loud at her own joke, even though it wasn't that funny, it was to quiet for her. She sighed loudly again and held up the deck of cards.
"So, cards?"
Not getting an answer she went back to rocking her chair and whistleing. So much for that idea.[/COLOR][/B]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kain probed through some data and looked over some sheets of info. There certainly weren't enough people in the room to be all that was coming, there were supposed to be a few more. This would be the specific team he was going to be working with on the ship. Where could the other's be? They were going to be late if they did not show soon, which means that they are not reliable. Great, he could be dead because of these people.

The only thing troubling him was that he still could not locate the cargo in any of the data files, and those that could are completely blocked from him are very suspicious. How important is this mission actually going to be? What is going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0