Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=#8B0000]My dad came back from a month long trip to America last week and brought back a box load of this stuff, and man, I'm totally addicted. We don't get jerky here in England, but by watching hours upon hours of western television, I've always known of it.

I've only tried it in its Saltish and Pepperish form so far. Pepperish is a bit spicy, but I still love it... except for when it's rock hard -- it's hardly edible.

So, who else likes beef jerky, and what are your favourite flavours?[/color]
Posted
[size=1]Aaah, "J" is for "Jerky, Beef" in Maddox's book, The Alphabet of Manliness. If you haven't read that book, [i]especially[/i] if you're a guy...then you HAVE to read it. Anyway, beef jerky is one of my favorite snacks and it's sort of an American "tradition"; like baseball and apple pie.

Personally, I don't like the spicey stuff. I like the plain ol' original flavor. Hickory smoked is really good. Then you've got the teriyaki flavor; that one's kind of sweet. Sometimes, brands will experiment with nacho cheese flavor, or jalepeno flavor, or BBQ. Gross, if I do say so myself.

Stick with tradition, go with hickory smoked original. So good.[/size]
Posted
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='Bombu][color=#8B0000']We don't get jerky here in England, but by watching hours upon hours of western television, I've always known of it.[/color][/quote]I can?t imagine not having Jerky. I?ve always grown up with it as my mom would get beef from the store already sliced and then she has a number or recipes for different flavors that she uses to make Jerky. My favorite that she makes is the Mesquite flavored Jerky. And now that I live away from home she usually makes a batch every other month and sends me a box with homemade Jerky in it. Otherwise I?d have to run to the store and get some as I?m too use to having some around for a snack. Definately yummy stuff. [/COLOR]
Posted
[size=1]I haven't had it in forever, but I love the stuff. ^__^ I personally love original flavor, but the spicy flavor sounds good as well. *is a major spicy food adict*[/size]
Posted
Let's put it this way: it's dead, it's meat--I like it.

I've always had a preference for Slim Jims though--especially the kind packaged with cheese. There's usually a mysterious grease slathered over everything that sweetens the deal.
Posted
[quote name='Charles']I've always had a preference for Slim Jims though--especially the kind packaged with cheese. There's usually a mysterious greese slathered over everything that sweetens the deal.[/quote]
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Shinmaru/126340575_m.jpg[/IMG][/center]
[center]"Charles, snap into a Slim Jim! Ooooh yeeeah!!"[/center]

...yes, that's my only contribution to this thread. Beef jerky isn't really my thing.
Posted
[quote name='Shinmaru']Awesome Macho Man reference[/quote]

[CENTER][IMG]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9485/2066625932befeb1ca2odw0eg7.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]
Posted
[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue']And now that I live away from home she usually makes a batch every other month and sends me a box with homemade Jerky in it. [/COLOR][/quote]

[color=#8B0000]You should get your mom to send me some of that Jerky. You know, to show us Brits how it's really done.[/color] :bdance:
Posted
I worked in a private bookstore one summer that sold tons of the stuff. Whatever appreciation for jerky I might have had was unfortunately snuffed out by sharing a room with the stuff for around three months...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...