Ellerby Posted September 11, 2006 Posted September 11, 2006 [color=#555555][center][img]http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8333/round3copyac4.jpg[/img] [/center] [b][size=3][COLOR=Black]The Rules[/COLOR][/size][/b] The following round is a 1 versus 1 match. I'm going to give a picture that both of you will work independantly on. All you have to do is take the picture and, following the guidelines, make some prettyful artwork. :) The winning member will be decided by the OBWT Judges. So! Onto the graphic that you need to use. Click [url=http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4953/narutodx2.jpg]here[/url]. [b][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]Picture Guidelines[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b] What you can and cannot do to the picture. The picture is 300 by 500 pixels. [list][*]The picture [B]must[/B] be the top layer (though I will allow a 1px black border around the entire graphic). [*]You cannot change the opacity of the picture. [*]You [b]cannot[/b] move the picture. [*]You cannot crop the picture. [*]You can erase the background (the white part).[/list] [center]You have 5 days to submit the [b]completed[/b] entry.[/center] [center][b][size=4][COLOR=Black]Start![/COLOR][/size][/b][/center][/COLOR]
Aaryanna Posted September 13, 2006 Posted September 13, 2006 [COLOR=SeaGreen]I?m in agreement with Boo. You?re a meanie White! It was hard to not do something to the picture as I so wanted to clean it up a bit and enhance the colors a little. >_< Anyway, I?m sure Kitty is going to clobber me but here?s mine just the same. The much smaller brushes were a part of my program but the abstract background is completely composed of brushes I made myself. ^_^ Now I just need to find a site where I can get more fonts that you don?t have to pay for as I didn?t like any of my choices. Anyway, best of luck to everyone! ^_^ [/COLOR] [CENTER] [IMG]http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3661/narutoforcontest01ki4.png[/IMG] [/CENTER] [COLOR=SeaGreen][B]EDIT: [/B]I updated my link since the last one kept having trouble loading. :animesigh [B]EDIT#2:[/B] Okay here's the replacement. Thanks again for the font link White and SunfallE. ^_^ [B]EDIT#3:[/B] Now with the character improvements since White said we could. :catgirl: Between downloading the new fonts, making brushes and changing things...I've spent a lot of time on this. o_O Now I know why people have said they don't have time for contests. I had no idea they took so much work! [/COLOR]
Kitty Posted September 14, 2006 Posted September 14, 2006 [SIZE=1]Blah. It's absolutely crap-tastic, but yeah. ><" Good luck to you, Aaryanna. :3 [center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/PicKitty/OBWTRound3.png[/IMG][/center][/SIZE]
Ellerby Posted September 19, 2006 Author Posted September 19, 2006 [center][b][size=5]Round Over[/center][/b][/size] [strike][COLOR=DimGray]Since one of my faithful judges has managed to disappear from the face of OB, I need to fine a new one before I can announce the winner. Sit tight![/COLOR][/strike] [b]EDIT:[/b] Instead of begging for people to be a judge, I'm just going to open this Round to the entire OtakuBoards community. Vote away, kids.
Retribution Posted September 24, 2006 Posted September 24, 2006 [size=1]Hm. [b]Aaryanna:[/b] I think your background could've been smoother/less grainy. As it stands, it looks like random shapes. Your text is the same color as your background, and I don't like the grainy outline they have either. However, I do like the font and position of "Uzumaki Naruto", and the font of "Believe it!". Overall, I think clarity and more effective text could've dont alot for this. [b]Kitty[/b] I like your background, but your text is rather awkward. It leads you to the bottom right corner, yet Naruto's in the middle-right. The text bubble for Naruto is a bit awkward as well, but a nice touch. I think what I like most about this is that it's easy to make things out, even if its composition is confusing. I vote for Kitty.[/size]
SunfallE Posted October 1, 2006 Posted October 1, 2006 [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Aaryanna:[/B] What I like best about yours is the use of vivid bright oranges and the abstract background. It makes Naruto stand out well instead of being distracting. I also like your choice of font as well. What I don?t care for is the color outline around the words, the edge and Naruto, it?s a nice effect but it?s a bit overpowering to the entire piece. [B] Kitty: [/B] What I like best about yours is the muted colors in the background as the way you have done them really makes the placement of the text work well. I also like the bubble with the characters even though I can?t read it. What I don?t care for is the lines in the background. They seem distracting as the rest of the piece is a little more messy where it has a much more structured feel to it. Both of you did an excellent job, in the end, my vote goes to[B] Aaryanna[/B]. Good luck to both of you! ^_~[/COLOR]
Guest Nami Posted October 1, 2006 Posted October 1, 2006 [size=1]Aaryanna I enjoy the orange background and the yellow-orange fizzle around Naruto, setting him slightly apart from the rest of the image. The orange in the background makes me think of a river, or the way light bounces off slightly moving water. I like the placement of the Naruto Uzumaki text, but the Hokage and believe it ones seem to be placed a bit strangely to me. It's not bad, actually, but throws the picture off a bit. Kitty I also realy enjoy your piece, as well as the orange background. The splats of black remind me of blood...something that ninjas appear to have a lot of. I really love the smoothness of the background art, as the black bleeds into the orange. While I do like the "I'm going to surpass/who came before me!", I don't like the "everyone". It seems very awkwardly positioned, and while the diagonal is a good idea, maybe a different (or the same font as the other words) would have worked better. My vote goes for [b]Kitty[/b], since her piece has a much smoother transition that Aaryanna's. I think they're both good pieces, however, but Kitty seemed to capture my mind more.[/size]
Ellerby Posted October 1, 2006 Author Posted October 1, 2006 [CENTER][SIZE=5][B]Round Over[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE=1](again)[/SIZE][/CENTER] [COLOR=DimGray]The round is now over! Kitty will advance to Round 4 with 1 point more than Aaryanna. Great job to both of you. :)[/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now