OtakuBoards

Please help me.

Ryuki

I am not 100% sure if this is where I am supposed to be posting this, becasue i looked and looked and could not find a "Help" specific board.
Anyways, my problem is with my MyOtaku account. Becasue of my inability to notice new links on the backroom page, I just noticed this morning the link to "Post Styles". I am rather adept in HTML coding, so naturally when I noticed that I could insert my own HTML and set it as a default for all of my posts and not have to type it in every time i was leaving a post I jumped at the chance to save myself about 20 minutes of posting time. This is where my problem arose. I typed in the HTML coding for a blog that I wished to set as my default post stlye, and placed the "$body$" where normally you would type the body of your post. I clicked the "Update Past Style" button, and checked my site. Nothing had changed. Are we not allowed to use blogs in out post styles, does it not take effect until I make the next post, or did I just make a typing error that I cannot find after an hour of searching? Please help me, I am very confused as to why this isn't working.

Here is the HTML code I attempted to use.

$body$

[COLOR=DarkRed]If each post has it's own seperate html before and after each post, then perhaps that may be conflicting with the one you have currently in the post styles. If you are looking for ideas, this is the one that I use.

[QUOTE]

$body$

[/QUOTE]

Feel free to use this, but please personalize it with the backround, etc that you want behind your text as well as the main colour of the backround before the image shows up.[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I looked at the source code for your page and I'm only seeing the HTML you posted used in one of the archived posts, inside the old Cloud background. (It should be outside the old background if the new one were being applied through the Post Styles setting.) Are you sure you're having it apply the new HTML? Make sure you have the "Slow but advanced customization" bubble filled on the Post Styles page rather than the "Fast and painless customization" bubble.

Also, as Japan mentioned, you'll need to strip out the old HTML from your archived posts or else it will conflict with the HTML you set on the Post Styles page. I don't think this is the problem, since I couldn't even find the new HTML anywhere but that one spot in the page's source code, but it's something to remember.[/color]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][quote name='Ryuki']Anyways, my problem is with my MyOtaku account. Becasue of my inability to notice new links on the backroom page, I just noticed this morning the link to "Post Styles".[/quote]
That must be a pretty debilitating disability. That link has been there for over [i]two years[/i].[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DeadSeraphim][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]
That must be a pretty debilitating disability. That link has been there for over [i]two years[/i].[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE][quote]DeadSeraphim: woah woah WOAH
DeadSeraphim: Des
DeadSeraphim: You never told me you were Link IRL
DeadSeraphim: When did this happen?!
Desbreko: Since Charles made that one pic of me as Link.
DeadSeraphim: JESUS CHRIST
DeadSeraphim: WHEN WAS THIS
Desbreko: I dunno. Two, three years ago?[/quote][color=#4B0082]pwned lolz[/color]