OtakuBoards

Who disagrees with drinking and drugs?

Guest NIKI12345

Guest NIKI12345
Personally I disagree with the whole drugs and drinking thing. I think they destroy your body. Some drugs in this world are the cause of lung cancer and all of those other problems. Think about when you get reckless with drinks you not only hurt youeself, but you hurt the people around you. If anyone agrees or think they can [B]suport this blog please do[/B] :( :( :( :( [B]REALLY SPEAK HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT [/B] [B]THIS!!![/B]

There you go.

Man I hate spelling :mad:

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Sienna]Personally, I feel that anything that makes you happy (So long as it doesn't interfere negativly with another person) is just fine. Personally, I don't drink much (A beer now and again during the game, that type of thing) and I don't do drugs (I don't need pot to sit in my underwere and giggle at Simpson re-runs for days at a time), but that's just me. So long as it makes you happy, it's all cool.

So basically, live and let die. Don't tell people what they can and can not put into their bodies.

[/COLOR]

Guest NIKI12345
Like for little kids it makes me sad to hear them getting high. I mean like 5th graders getting offered drugs and them excepting that. I have been scared by drugs. They almost killed one of my closest friends Robert. I use to date this guy until he took drugs and started treating people. I mean he would really try to kill people so I broke up with him, but I didn't leave him there with his problem. I helped him get past it. So there is my story behind drugs. Get my point :(

I'm just so scared of drugs or drinks and what they do to people. :(

My bad in spelling :animesigh

[COLOR=DarkRed]I am against it in general, but if the person drinks responsibly then I have no problem with them drinking. Drugs however, no one should do that to their body, period. But if the drug is reasonable and prescribed, sure.

When I turn twenty-one in July, I may just go to a bar to try a margarita and then go to a dance club, though I do not see myself getting drunk or abusing alcohol. I already tried alcohol on my travels and the taste disgusts me, and I hate how it feels going down my throat.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue] [quote name='NIKI12345]Personaly I disagree with the whole drugs and drinking thing. I think they destory your body. Some drugs in this world are the cause of lung cancer and all of those other problems. Think about when you get reckless with drinks you not only hurt youeself, but you hurt the people around you. If anyone agrees or think they can [B]suport this blog please do[/B] :( :( :( :( [B]REALLY SPEAK HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT [/B] [B']THIS!!![/B][/quote]I?m going to remind you again NIKI12345 that using some form of spell check is a must.

As for the topic at hand, disagreeing with drinking and drugs isn?t something that you can put together. I am assuming that you are referring to illegal drugs and that just doesn?t fall in the same category of alcoholic beverages, which so long as you are old enough, are legal to have. [/COLOR]

Guest NIKI12345
[QUOTE=Japan_86][COLOR=DarkRed]I am against it in general, but if the person drinks responsibly then I have no problem with them drinking. Drugs however, no one should do that to their body, period. But if the drug is reasonable and prescribed, sure.

When I turn twenty-one in July, I may just go to a bar to try a margarita and then go to a dance club, though I do not see myself getting drunk or abusing alcohol. I already tried alcohol on my travels and the taste disgusts me, and I hate how it feels going down my throat.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I love going to parties and having fun, but my friends think I'm a wimp for not getting drunk. I mean who doesn't like parties. To me just because you party doesn't mean you get buzzed or drunk. So I agree with you on that :catgirl:

[quote name='NIKI12345']I love going to parties and having fun, but my friends think I'm a wimp for not getting drunk. I mean who doesn't like parties. To me just because you party doesn't mean you get buzzed or drunk. So I agree with you on that :catgirl:[/quote]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Man, I love getting drunk. No particular reason, mind, I just love the taste of rum, and drinking a lot of it at parties with mates usually winds up with me getting drunk. It just happens, man, and it's not exactly an awful sensation (especially so as I've never gotten hangovers, drink water and you're golden, kids), so why not enjoy my alcohol?

As for drugs, hey, if people don't hurt other people with em, that's fine with me. Personally, the illegal kinds aren't my bag, but I'm pretty partial to a cigarette (usually at a part, thus, party smoking). <3 nicotine rush.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='NIKI12345] [B]suport this blog please do[/B'] [/quote]I think you?re in the wrong place if you are looking for support. But if you want to discuss drinking and drugs that?s another matter altogether.

Drugs really depend on the type and what they are for. Obviously illegal drugs have serious issues or else they wouldn?t be illegal. But even regular drugs that you take for medical reasons are detrimental to one?s health. The question is usually one of the benefits outweighing the negative part. Which is why you often have to get a prescription so you aren?t hurting yourself by taking something you don?t really need.

Drinking is acceptable so long as you are old enough to do so legally. The problem lies in people who abuse it and then end up doing foolish stuff like driving or other problems as well. Blackouts anyone? So long as the person doing the drinking isn?t hurting anyone else then let them drink.

Personally I don?t care for either one, but then that?s just me and my previous Christian upbringing, and now that I?m an adult and no longer into religion, it?s just a matter of no interest not one of that?s so bad for you!

Guest NIKI12345
[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]I think you?re in the wrong place if you are looking for support. But if you want to discuss drinking and drugs that?s another matter altogether.

Drugs really depend on the type and what they are for. Obviously illegal drugs have serious issues or else they wouldn?t be illegal. But even regular drugs that you take for medical reasons are detrimental to one?s health. The question is usually one of the benefits outweighing the negative part. Which is why you often have to get a prescription so you aren?t hurting yourself by taking something you don?t really need.

Drinking is acceptable so long as you are old enough to do so legally. The problem lies in people who abuse it and then end up doing foolish stuff like driving or other problems as well. Blackouts anyone? So long as the person doing the drinking isn?t hurting anyone else then let them drink.

Personally I don?t care for either one, but then that?s just me and my previous Christian upbringing, and now that I?m an adult and no longer into religion, it?s just a matter of no interest not one of that?s so bad for you![/QUOTE]
Well the only drink I had was red bull, but the only reason I drank it was so it could keep me up during the night so I could finish studying for this big test. It tasted horrible, but it kept me up the whole night. Not only that it kept me alerted, but trust me I will never do that again because of what happened to my friends. So basically I will never drink or do drugs. When I mean drugs I mean the illegal ones. Not the medication the doctors give you because those are meant to help you, but you get my point. :animesmil

[COLOR=DarkRed][quote name='NIKI12345']Well the only drink I had was red bull, but the only reason I drank it was so it could keep me up during the night so I could finish studying for this big test. [/quote]Red Bull is an energy drink not an alcoholic one. That doesn't qualify as having a drink. About the only thing Red Bull is going to do is make you feel more awake. [/COLOR] :p

Guest NIKI12345
[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DarkRed]Red Bull is an energy drink not an alcoholic one. That doesn't qualify as having a drink. About the only thing Red Bull is going to do is make you feel more awake. [/COLOR'] :p[/quote]

See this is how much I dislike drinking. I don't even no a alcoholic drink from a energy drink, but I have drank this Turkish drink called Aphis. I tasted not so bad, but not great either. I don?t think you know a drink called that unless you have been to Turkey. :animesmil

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1]I have already decided that I am going to drink when I get older. I was constantly in the state of mind that drinking was bad up until a few months ago when I got my job... at a Restaurant/Bar.

However, I do know where my limits will be. For example, I won't get drunk often, and I will [B]never[/B] drive after drinking -- I've seen the effects of these. :animeangr

There are only a few drinks that I want to try, anyway. These include wine and martinis. At the bar I work at, there is definitely a chocolate martini, and it looks fantastic. Plus, I love the smell of wine, and I think church wine is awesome.

Unfortunately, my family [both sides] has a history with alcoholism, so I have to be careful. Thankfully, I have another 5 years to worry about all this ;) [/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=DarkRed]Red Bull is an energy drink not an alcoholic one. That doesn't qualify as having a drink. About the only thing Red Bull is going to do is make you feel more awake. [/COLOR'] :p[/quote]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Unless you add vodka, that is...

I so don't understand why you're so vehemently anti-drinking, NIK. You've never drank, and you only seem to cite the negative health effects (which only happen in problematic and consistant drinkers, usually), so I'm not sure of your angle. It's just damn confusing, yo.[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='NIKI12345'] I think they destroy your body. Some drugs in this world are the cause of lung cancer and all of those other problems. Think about when you get reckless with drinks you not only hurt youeself, but you hurt the people around you.[/quote]

[color=crimson]If you don't moderate what you do most anything can become negative and/or harmful. Overeating, conspicuous consumerism, overdrinking, etc.

It is easier said than done and people lose their self control at times.

Your zealousness is amusing but it doesn't really influence much.[/color]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='NIKI12345']See this is how much I dislike drinking. I don't even no a alcoholic drink from a energy drink, but I have drank this Turkish drink called Aphis. I tasted not so bad, but not great either. I don?t think you know a drink called that unless you have been to Turkey. :animesmil[/quote]Perhpas you could clarify just what drink you are suppose to have had? Because this is what I've always understood Aphis to be. [URL=http://www.aphis.usda.gov/]APHIS[/URL] I don't think you can drink something like that. ;)[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]If you don't moderate what you do most anything can become negative and/or harmful. Overeating, conspicuous consumerism, overdrinking, etc.

It is easier said than done and people lose their self control at times.

Your zealousness is amusing but it doesn't really influence much.[/color][/QUOTE]DeathKnight makes a good point here, pretty much anything can be abused if not used in moderation. Sounds more like you have an issue with those who have no self control instead of drinking or drugs. :p [/COLOR]

I've had some alcohol and some tabacco before and that is the exact reason I don't want to have anymore. I mean, I don't really want to do anything that would hurt my body, since I want to be a success and I want to be a athlete when I get older.

I had tabacco when I was younger - like 5 or 6 - and I won't do that anymore. Even though I did it a couple of times before I couldn't do it anymore. I wasn't addicted to them, I just saw my Father having a smoke and I wanted some. Same with the alcohol, I saw him having some, and he let me try some. I think there was a method to his actions (Or maybe he was drunk), because it obviously worked for me.

I haven't done any drugs though, I think that you could classify some bad things people do as addicting as drugs and might even classify them as so. About one month ago I saw this article in the paper. The name of it was, "[B]Internet addicts[/B]". It went on to say that the internet can be as addicting as alcohol/drugs. They interviewed this little girl that was about 6 years old and she said that she was on the computer about 2 hours a day. Now that is pretty amazing to me, she is in 2nd or 3rd grade and she goes on the computer about 14 hours a week. *shocked*

I'm not saying that the internet is a bad thing, I just thought that was relavent to the subject of being addicted to something. Things are crazy aren't they?

Dae

Guest NIKI12345
[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Perhpas you could clarify just what drink you are suppose to have had? Because this is what I've always understood Aphis to be. [URL=http://www.aphis.usda.gov/]APHIS[/URL'] I don't think you can drink something like that. ;)DeathKnight makes a good point here, pretty much anything can be abused if not used in moderation. Sounds more like you have an issue with those who have no self control instead of drinking or drugs. :p [/COLOR][/quote]

My bad I'm not sure in Turkey how they spell it and on my computer they don't have a Turkish dictionary.

The bear sounds very close to that. There are other bears there named after racing groups and soccer teams. I?m also still trying to learn the language so its a little hard. :D

[SIZE=1]I don't do either.

I never could understand why people enjoy getting drunk. I've had alcohol before, and I just can't stand the taste.

People at work ask me if I'm going to go party and get 'wasted'(I hate that term) on friday, or whatever. I say I don't drink, and they tell me I'm no fun. I'm sorry, I can have fun in other ways that don't include drinking. o_O

Aside from my issues with it, as long as someone is of age, and knows how to control it, then other people drinking doesn't really bother me.

As for drugs, I haven't tryed them and I don't plan too.[/SIZE]

Guest NIKI12345
[QUOTE=SaiyanPrincessX][SIZE=1]I don't do either.

I never could understand why people enjoy getting drunk. I've had alcohol before, and I just can't stand the taste.

People at work ask me if I'm going to go party and get 'wasted'(I hate that term) on friday, or whatever. I say I don't drink, and they tell me I'm no fun. I'm sorry, I can have fun in other ways that don't include drinking. o_O

Aside from my issues with it, as long as someone is of age, and knows how to control it, then other people drinking doesn't really bother me.

As for drugs, I haven't tryed them and I don't plan too.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

That?s the way I feel. Mean I like having fun, but not getting drunk. Right now my some of my friends are being stupid and their drinking, but they are underage. It?s amazing they haven?t been caught yet. Now I don?t know what my friends are doing because I moved to another school. Just a question. Are you in the air force?
In the air force don?t they have checks were they are able to see if your drinking or taking drugs. Tell your friends if they get caught they could be thrown out of the air force. Trust me some of my family members are in the air force. :(

[COLOR=Red]Ah, the question about drugs and drinking. I think it?s obvious about drugs since the illegal ones are bad for you. And like Rachmaninoff also pointed out, many of the prescription ones aren?t that great either. Like the wonderful chemo ones to treat cancer, it?s a gamble as to which is going to get you first.

Alcohol gets a bad rap due to the people who abuse it, but I?m pretty sure there are plenty of people who don?t. And even then people who get wasted so to speak, so long as they aren?t doing anything foolish like driving, well in the end it?s their choice.

It?s kind of pointless to be against drugs or alcohol when the better course of action would be to have stricter laws against those who do the foolish stuff like driving when they are drunk. Alcohol isn?t going to go anywhere, you try to take it away and people will just find a way to make it. But in America the laws are far too lenient towards those who are caught drinking and driving. So I?d rather support stricter punishment instead of worrying about drinking in general.
[/COLOR]

Guest Phaedrus
Certain drugs allow for stunning spiritual experiences which can change a person's life for the better if they approach these drugs with the correct mindset and a desire to come to a greater understanding of the great depthless unknown. They should however be used very cautiously and with great respect to the plants which the drugs may come from, as well as a respect for the powers of the chemicals one is willing to consume in order that one may sail upon the sea of their salient consciousness and expand their consciousness.

The fact is that few have the discipline or the correct mindset to use drugs in a way that is beneficial. But if they are used in this way, great ideas can be thought of, and great progressions in mankind's future can be put into execution. It is no indecent stretch of the truth to state that drugs are responsible for many great things. It is also no indecent stretch of truth to state they have done many terrible things; however, in the end it wasn't the drug which did this, but the human being--in both cases.

It is all about your willingness to be something more than a pre-programmed entity. There is good within you all, waiting access and waiting to rewrite you.

What's funny is that of the drugs that are legal, they are the ones which access the more primitive aspects of our consciousness. This seems to get us stuck in a type of maddening [i]status quo[/i] of endless addiction in order to disassociate ourselves from the many terrible things in existence as well as what is lacking in our societies. This leads to a pandemic of problematics which aren't attempted to be changed. Instead, people are content with their places in a caste system, and happy under the illusion of endless separation.

These plants, when consumed, create stunning effects. These plants are wise creatures, who have a symbiotic bond with us here on earth, and are reflections of us as we are reflections of them. By putting their "consciousnesses" (if we could even call it that) within us, we learn much, and are wisened much. That these things exist which open the doors of our perceptions is no coincidence. It is actually a coincidance.

[quote name='Phaedrus]Certain drugs allow for stunning spiritual experiences which can change a person's life for the better if they approach these drugs with the correct mindset and a desire to come to a greater understanding of the great depthless unknown. They should however be used very cautiously and with great respect to the plants which the drugs may come from, as well as a respect for the powers of the chemicals one is willing to consume in order that one may sail upon the sea of their salient consciousness and expand their consciousness. [/QUOTE]Did I hear you correctly in that drugs allow for stunning spiritual experiences? What?s spiritual about a substance that chemically alters the way your body experiences things? I see nothing spiritual about that, only a blind foolishness in thinking chemical reactions due to taking drugs can somehow connect you with that which is spiritual when in reality it?s disconnecting you from how your body is designed to work. [QUOTE=Phaedrus']The fact is that few have the discipline or the correct mindset to use drugs in a way that is beneficial. But if they are used in this way, great ideas can be thought of, and great progressions in mankind's future can be put into execution. It is no indecent stretch of the truth to state that drugs are responsible for many great things. It is also no indecent stretch of truth to state they have done many terrible things; however, in the end it wasn't the drug which did this, but the human being--in both cases.[/quote]Discipline or mindset is irrelevant. If you take enough chemicals you are going to get a certain reaction, how else would drugs be useful otherwise? If people had to have a mindset or discipline to get an intended effect, there wouldn?t be any point in having drugs since the results of using them would be all over the chart. They would cease to have any true value at this point.

Sure drugs are responsible for great things, like laws to keep them out of the hands of idiots who would use them for the high and not some spiritual trip. [QUOTE=Phaedrus]It is all about your willingness to be something more than a pre-programmed entity. There is good within you all, waiting access and waiting to rewrite you.

What's funny is that of the drugs that are legal, they are the ones which access the more primitive aspects of our consciousness. This seems to get us stuck in a type of maddening [i]status quo[/i] of endless addiction in order to disassociate ourselves from the many terrible things in existence as well as what is lacking in our societies. This leads to a pandemic of problematics which aren't attempted to be changed. Instead, people are content with their places in a caste system, and happy under the illusion of endless separation.[/QUOTE]This gives the impression that you are saying that in order to get out of following the rest of humanity like blind sheep, we should be experimenting with drugs so we can open up our minds to greater things and spiritual experiences. And if that?s not what you are trying to say, then quit talking over everyone like a professor and use simple plain English so others can understand what you really mean. [quote name='Phaedrus']These plants, when consumed, create stunning effects. These plants are wise creatures, who have a symbiotic bond with us here on earth, and are reflections of us as we are reflections of them. By putting their "consciousnesses" (if we could even call it that) within us, we learn much, and are wisened much. That these things exist which open the doors of our perceptions is no coincidence. It is actually a coincidance.[/quote]Okay now your saying that by consuming plants we are putting their consciousness inside us? Now I know you?re just full of it. I?ll probably get roasted by the mods (my apologies to all of you) for this, but behind all this pseudo-intellectual babble is someone who in my opinion is trolling the boards with this nonsense, which looks like nothing more than a fancy way of saying getting high is a good thing.

I do not disagree with people using either. Though, most drugs are illegal. I suppose, like someone said before me, whatever makes you happy. I'm not saying it's right or wrong to get high in 5th grade. Same goes with getting drunk. I, personally, don't understand why people like getting drunk. The stuff tastes bad most times anyway. Does it make them feel more manly? More like an adult?

I hold nothing against either one, though. I accept them for what they are and do. I do think, however, that should people pay up ( so to speak) for getting drunk and/or high from whatever... That they deserve it. I show no sympathy for those who get hurt or die from the use of illegal or legal substances.

When the time is come, everyone will pay for their actions. Some, sooner than others. It's not just kids either. Adults do some stupid junk too. I actually have a friend that smokes bongs regularly. He's not a bad person nor pushes it on me. He tried to get me to drink once, but he takes no for an answer.

It's when people start to get irresponsible that things go bad. People get hurt, killed, etc. There [B]is[/B] a reason the substance is illegal and/or shouldn't be taken in huge doses. When people mess up, people get messed up. You're either in control or out of control. There's no middle ground here. When you lose control of your own body, mind, and functions... death is normally not far behind. People who are responsible for their own ( and others) death(s) die at a young age. Younger than it should have been, anyway.

"He that is not guilty of his own death shortens not his own life."
-Shakespeare