OtakuBoards

Cursed Lands: Slumber of Ancient Earth [M-VLS]

Aberinkula

[FONT=Impact][Color=blue][CENTER]Cursed Lands: Slumber of Ancient Earth[/CENTER][/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=Blue][FONT=copperplate gothic bold][CENTER]A man stands near a graveyard. He remembers the heroes he looks upon. 50 years ago these people helped save a world that was going to die. [/CENTER] [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[FONT=Papyrus][COLOR=DimGray][CENTER]This Earth or ?Atlas?, was falling under despair. It seemed as if the planet was crying. People were believing that the ?Apocalypse? was drawing near. Yet, little did they know it wasn?t Armageddon. The planet was losing its power. For you see, this earth isn?t anything like ours. Atlas is dependent on a magical core. Their planet?s core is made of a mystical material knows as Xandamite. Xandamite has been drilled from the planet, making Atlas start to die. But the people on the surface don?t know that it?s killing the planet.

Also they are unaware that the planet?s leading company for Xandamite drilling, Zangra is using it to create a super warrior. Not only are they a company but the president of the world Hiabata Zangra is the company?s creator. So far he?s committed crimes against humanity. Secretly. But just recently word got out that the Xandamite drilling is killing the planet. Currently protests have stopped. But one organization is trying to stop it. Requiem is a secret resistance consisting of only 10 members.

One of the newest members, Alvash codename: Zero has just joined after quitting the president?s company. The resistance?s leader, Ezekiel codename: The Tesla has decided to take their plans further. His next plan is to attack the drill within sector 3, district 5. This is where the story starts.

Alvash looked around after being let off the bus. His comrades, Louise and Jerry were standing at the drill?s gate. ?So this is the 5th district drill, eh?? Alvash asked through his handkerchief. Jerry nodded. ?Yes it is. Plus this our first drill to take down. Personally I thought we would have disbanded a month ago.? Alvash turned back to see Ezekiel get off the bus. ?Damn fools, always asking for bus fare to get out! Why?d the bastards past a law that you have to pay to get off, the bus. Pathetic!?

Alvash entered the door with the others. As he entered he saw an amazing site. the drill. He may have worked for Zandra but he was just a secretary. ?A beauty, right? Heh not for long!? Ezekial chuckled. Alvash looked up and down the structure then proceeded on. [/CENTER] [/COLOR] [/FONT]

[CENTER][COLOR=DimGray]Alvash went into a room where an elavator carressed the hallway and lead the way to light. As Alvash, and Ezekial went further down the hall the farther they were from the exit. "Jerry and Louise aren't coming?" Alvash asked. Ezekial nodded. "There planting a bomb. We have to destroy the drill.

"I see. So what do you have to defend yourself?" Ezekial laughed. Why my hands of coarse. " Alvsah sighed. He took out his sword and cut through the door. "Well we might just be seeing stars on our way up. This elevator spins." Alvash walked into the elevator. Ezekial slumped and walked on.

The elevator started. It automaticly went down a couple of stories. Alvash closed his eyes, and Ezekial threw up. "Don't be such a chicken. Close your eyes and just wait." Alvash tried to calm him down. "Up yours dumbass! I'll do what I want." Alvash rolled his eyes. Finally they reached the drill. [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

[COLOR=Green] A small breeze brushed against Seo, yet the dark clouds reamined it to be another gloomy day in the monsterous city. Places like these didn't fit too well with him. No one said a simple 'hello' or 'good day', but an evil stare as you past them on the sidewalk. Being a bard, it was only natural to find a corner and start playing wonderful tunes with his flute, yet he was afraid to make the angered citizens even more outragous.

Seo kept everything to himself as he stirred away from any hateful crowd. He shouldn't let anything push him down. He came here to learn more about the beauty of life and to express it through music. With a quick jolt to his head, he stopped and slowly turned to the right. A large cafe stoof at the opposite side of the road. Flashing lights blicked off and on, as it was a buy one dish, get two free deal going on. Seo hadn't had meals since yesterday morning and his gut rumble by the thought of food. After his gut convinced him to go get food, he quickly grabbed his pouch of money. Nothing.

He lowered his head in dissapointment as he slowly began to walk away from the gorgeous sight. It's a whole month since he was last paid by playing his music in front of a large crowd, but now nobody wanted ot hear anything from him. How was he suppose to make a living?

Dress in a monkey suit and dance for it? Right now, that sounded like a good idea, but he couldn't even afford that. As Seo passed on to the next street, a scream for help streamed through his ears. It was a high pitch, so it was a girl that was in danger.The people on the streets didn't seem to notice or care as they continue onto their lifes. Another cry. Seo ran down the sidewalk, following wherever it may be. The calls led him down a alleyway where a group of guys were gathering around something. It must be her then.

"Get away from her!" Seo commanded as he pulled out his polished shield and sword. His father taught him the ways of the warrior, so why not carry it around? Might come in handy situations like this one.

The men just took one glance back and decided to attack Seo head on. Even though they were men of evilness, he couldn't just kill him. He bashed his shield against the first wave and slapping the hilt of his sword into a man's neck. The group seemed to be very weak as they collapsed on first impact. In just five minutes, twelve men laid on the ground, knocked out cold.

"Now, are you alright.... What in god's name are you?!" He said in complete shock to see not a woman, not a human being at all, but some kind of flying pink cat. It seemed to be in all smiles.

[COLOR=Magenta]"Thank you, thank you, and thank you! Those men were going to get me for sure with that giant reward on me. My name is, Ruby and I'm a baby dragon, thank you very much!" [/COLOR] Seo stood there, couldn't believe his eyes. A flying...Dragon talking in human language. This was past bizarre. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"It was no problem...Ruby. Now if you don't mind, I'll be on my way." Seo turned and began to walk away when the the pink fury animal landed on his shoulder.

[COLOR=Magenta]"Now wait just a minute. They're just keep looking for me, so unless you don't want me to be locked up in a cage, please allow me to join you for just alittle awhile." [/COLOR] That large reward for turning her in was tempting, but he sighed. It was just wrong also just to leave her alone also.

"...Sure, why not?" It was going to be one long night.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Asavar sat at a tow man table, a small pyramid of empty shot glasses sitting before him and another man who looked like he was getting drunker by the second. Asavar could see it in his droppy eyes and his rather lax posture, he couldn't hear the man over the crowd developing around there little contest. Mere minutes agao it was just him and the fellow across from him who claimed that he could drink anyone under the table, Asavar was not know for shooting down any challenge so, he took it. There was three more shots in front of Asavar and drunk fellow in front of him, but, he knew the man wouldn't make it through the next one.

Asavar slowly grabbed one of the shoots and swirled it around lightly, looking at the vortex that developed as he swirled it slowly the ambered colored liquid. He then brought it to his lips and drank it down in one gulp, then brought it back down and placed it upside down on the table. Asavar then leaned back in his chair and grinned at the man, waiting for his opponent to simply pass out right there. The man shakely reached for the glass and slowly brought it close to his face, the man got into his mouth and down his throat.

But he didn't last a second longer, he went face first into the table, rattiling all the glasses, and falling off his chair then falling backwards with shot glass still in hand. The crowd of men then became a mix of cheers and dissapointments, Asavar just kept his grin as he sweeped the money off the table and stuffed it away in his pocket. Asavar thens tood up from his seat and pushed through the men and grabbed his spear and shield then procedded to walk outside into the cool air.

When he made it outside he took a deep breath and relaxed a little, he placed his shiled on his back and hled his spear with his right hand. He then cricked his neck and made it pop, he then rubbed it with his left hand and started walking. But soon enough, he heard some woman scream about their belongings being stolen he then saw a young man being the hero. He had a little odd creature on his shoulder that seem to be speaking.

Asavar quickly shook this off as he watched the culprate run past him and the young hero approching.Asavar held out his arm and stopped the young man, he looked at Asavar and as the little red creature started yelling at him.
[B]
"How can you just let him get away? He just stole that womans belongings and he's getting away!"[/B] Asavar looked at the little creature, the creature cowered a little. Then Asavar looked the the figure running, he lifted his spear up and took two steps and hurled it straight at the man running with the womans things. He was turning as the spear implaed his left hand to the nearby building and he screamed out in pain. Asavar slowly walked after the man pinned to the wall, Asavar reached him with ina few moments.

He then pressed his boot firmly against the mans back and yanked the spear out of his hand. The man screamed again and quickly brought his hand close to his body, he tried to polt again but he got snatched by the scruff of his neck by Asavar and lifted off the ground. Asavar jammed his spear in to the ground and held out his other for the young man to drop the belonging in his hand. He did it reluctantly. Asavar dropped him on the ground and looked at the back pack to make sure nothing had been messed with.

The theif took this as an oppurtunity to get back at him for spearing his hand, he snatched the spear and prepared to impale Asavar on it. The young hero with the odd red creature on his shoulder was about to warn him when Asavar reacted. He swiftly stepped oput of his path, and then elbowed him fluidly in the nose, busting it wide open and letting the blood flow freely.

The thief was now on the floor supporting himself with his good hand and grasping his now broken nose with his ruined hand. He looked up at Asavar with a hateful look on his face.
[B]
"Who the bloody hell are you?"[/B] Asavar grabbed his spear and held it firmly and held himself up straight and proud with the spear held away from his body.
[B]
"I am ex-military. Just means i'm faster, stronger, harder and better then you will ever be, foolish civilian."[/B] Asavar did an about face and walked back to the young hero and the woman, leaving the thief on the floor to bleed. He handed the woman he things back and recieved many thank you's and a hug, he just smiled and said it was nothing. The young hero looked at him with his little red companion on his shoulder.
[B]
"Who are you?"[/B] Asavar looked to the hero and responded in cool tone.
[B]
"Asavar Kul, mercanry for hire from Museica."[/B] The young hero raised his eyebrow at him, and the little creature spoke.
[B]
"How did you end up here from Museica?"

"Client confidentiality, basiaclly came here on a job. Whats your name hero?"

"My name is Seo Baitos and this little creature here is named Ruby." [/B]Asavar looked over the two, coming back to the little red creature every so often. Trying to figure out what it was.[/SIZE]