OtakuBoards

Dane Cook

Guest NIKI12345

Guest NIKI12345
Who likes the comedian Dane Cook. He is so funny. Here is a link to watch him if you don't know who he is. If you have any funny clips to share please do. I need a laugh.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDVzvHCrQZo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDVzvHCrQZo[/URL] :D

Please rate.
[SIZE=1]
[COLOR=Indigo]Fixed the title for you. -Clurr[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma]I think ya mean Dane Cook. But yeah, he's quite funny. I wanted to get some tickets to his Vicious Circle tour while he was here at MSG, but alas we did not consider how long in advance we should have ordered in order to get even decent seats.

He's up there as one of my favorite comedians, and Vicious Circle is just a halarious show. Unlike many other comedians that I've seen live though, it's like a whole different experience from seeing him on the screen. He interacts with the crowd a lot and it's really a better experience then just watching him on TV or whatnot.[/FONT]

He's great at first, but I think his jokes are getting a bit repetitive. And on "Vicious Circle" he demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the ideals and beliefs of atheism, which was pretty lame and took all the humor out of that particular joke. It was very ignorant and quite annoying.

Guest NIKI12345
[quote name='Jakehammaren']He's great at first, but I think his jokes are getting a bit repetitive. And on "Vicious Circle" he demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the ideals and beliefs of atheism, which was pretty lame and took all the humor out of that particular joke. It was very ignorant and quite annoying.[/quote]

Yeah good point and sometimes his jokes aren't funny. Really people if you have any hyperlinks on this guy please post. I want to see some of his new acts.
Here is another hyperlink on Dane Cook

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0c_1l9al4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox0c_1l9al4[/URL] :D

[FONT=Arial]I've heard some of his shows. I think he IS funny, but I don't remember ever actually laughing out loud at any of his jokes. In fact, I can hardly remember any of them at all. I seem to recall him using a kind of humor that I would like, though.[/FONT]

Guest Kyano Hitachiin
Dane Cook rox! My favorite is the one about naming his kids after Transformers! xD ANd the kool aid! He's my favorite comedian!

Guest NIKI12345
[quote name='Kyano Hitachiin']Dane Cook rox! My favorite is the one about naming his kids after Transformers! xD ANd the kool aid! He's my favorite comedian![/quote]

Here later on I will try and post the vid for the kool aid guy by Dane Cook.

Guest NIKI12345
[quote name='Jakehammaren']Please refer to my above post about how that joke made Dane Cook look like a completely ignorant asshat.[/quote]

Hey you didn't have to say it like that. You wish you were funny like Dane Cook, but sadly your not! :( (Laughs) Here is another Dane Cook show.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yf29UK67uw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yf29UK67uw[/URL] :D

[font=arial][size=1]As an atheist, I wasn't offended by that joke, Jake. If anything, the atheist was rude. When someone says "God bless you" or "I'll pray for you" or something like that, I don't take it as an insult like that guy apparently did.

(and I liked the part just before it about Windextor!)[/font][/size]

[QUOTE=NIKI12345]Hey you didn't have to say it like that. You wish you were funny like Dane Cook, but sadly your not! :( (Laughs) Here is another Dane Cook show.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yf29UK67uw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yf29UK67uw[/URL] :D[/QUOTE]

First of all, I wasn't trying to be funny. You, on the other hand, are an absolute crack-up.

And secondly, I wasn't offended by his joke, just saddened by his ineptitude to understand Atheism. Sure, the Athiest in his story was rude, but it's just that - a story. Dane Cook created that story. No Atheist would ever say "we come back as trees".

Anyway, I'm going to go listen to better comedy (i.e. Bill Hicks).

Guest NIKI12345
[URL=http://bestofyt.com/video/bill-hicks-on-george-bush-and-iraq]http://bestofyt.com/video/bill-hicks-on-george-bush-and-iraq[/URL] [QUOTE=Jakehammaren]First of all, I wasn't trying to be funny. You, on the other hand, are an absolute crack-up.

And secondly, I wasn't offended by his joke, just saddened by his ineptitude to understand Atheism. Sure, the Athiest in his story was rude, but it's just that - a story. Dane Cook created that story. No Atheist would ever say "we come back as trees".

Anyway, I'm going to go listen to better comedy (i.e. Bill Hicks).[/QUOTE]

Go ahead no one is stoping you. Later and maybe that guy could teach you how to make jokes. (Just joking) Well maybe not .

Well I hope you liked the Kool aid one Its funny. One of my fans wanted it. (Yet again just joking) Well enjoy.

Oh Bill Hicks isn't that great. He was making fun of our milatary and Gorge Bush. Is thats not insulting Or have I misunder stood the word insulting?

If you don't belive me watch it.

[URL=http://bestofyt.com/video/bill-hicks-on-george-bush-and-iraq]http://bestofyt.com/video/bill-hicks-on-george-bush-and-iraq[/URL] :D Here you go watch it.

If you have to point out that what you said was a joke, it probably isn't that great a joke, now is it?

I like Bill Hicks because he is wickedly intelligent and his philosophical discussions are quite engaging. He doesn't only diss on Bush (and just so you know, that's Bush Senior he's ripping on - Bill Hicks has been dead for some time). Go listen to Bill Hicks' "Philosophy" C.D. Good stuff.

And if you write Bill Hicks off completely due to the fact that he offended your conservative mentalities, that's downright rediculous. To say he isn't that great because you heard one joke that happened to be political shows that you aren't taking the time to understand any of the stuff you're listening to.

And again, I never said Dane Cook was insulting or offensive, just ignorant and uninformed when it comes to Atheism.

Guest NIKI12345
[QUOTE=Jakehammaren]If you have to point out that what you said was a joke, it probably isn't that great a joke, now is it?

I like Bill Hicks because he is wickedly intelligent and his philosophical discussions are quite engaging. He doesn't only diss on Bush (and just so you know, that's Bush Senior he's ripping on - Bill Hicks has been dead for some time). Go listen to Bill Hicks' "Philosophy" C.D. Good stuff.

And if you write Bill Hicks off completely due to the fact that he offended your conservative mentalities, that's downright rediculous. To say he isn't that great because you heard one joke that happened to be political shows that you aren't taking the time to understand any of the stuff you're listening to.

And again, I never said Dane Cook was insulting or offensive, just ignorant and uninformed when it comes to Atheism.[/QUOTE]

My bad I didn't want to upset other people. My dad is at war right now fighting for our country and I've seen some of the soilders dead, but with the people who think the war is a waist well that dead soilder thought it was a chance to seave his country and give up his life for that. So really I get your point, but be careful what you say.. Its a good tip to keep.

I forgive you. :animesmil

[quote name='Jakehammaren']And secondly, I wasn't offended by his joke, just saddened by his ineptitude to understand Atheism. Sure, the Athiest in his story was rude, but it's just that - a story. Dane Cook created that story. No Atheist would ever say "we come back as trees".[/quote]
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Exactly. It was fake, so therefore why would you think he doesn't know anything about Atheism?

Also, an Atheist [i]could[/i] say that. So long as you don't believe there is a God, you're an Atheist. And he said "I" would come back as a tree, not "we." Meaning he would believe in reincarnation, not treeincarnation. You can be an Atheist and still believe in reincarnation.

[b]EDIT:[/b] And that's why the joke didn't show stupidity on Dane Cooks part.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Actually, Athiesm is a philosophy with set guidelines, not just the opposition to the idea of the existence of god. Therefore, no, no Athiest would ever say that he'd come back as a tree. Dane could have had the character say "excuse me, I don't believe in God", or anything else, but he said Athiest, therefore displaying an ineptitude to grasp the very foundations of the philosophy. Cook, being a devout Catholic, was, to an extent, using the joke to portray the silliness he believes is inherent to Athiesm, but he botched it by not having the facts straight.

Guest NIKI12345
[quote name='Jakehammaren']Actually, Athiesm is a philosophy with set guidelines, not just the opposition to the idea of the existence of god. Therefore, no, no Athiest would ever say that he'd come back as a tree. Dane could have had the character say "excuse me, I don't believe in God", or anything else, but he said Athiest, therefore displaying an ineptitude to grasp the very foundations of the philosophy. Cook, being a devout Catholic, was, to an extent, using the joke to portray the silliness he believes is inherent to Athiesm, but he botched it by not having the facts straight.[/quote]

Well come down before you blow a blood cell. We get it. Well most of it anyway you used some words I have never seen before. Laughs. Who likes the buger king by Dane Cook.

[quote name='White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]Sorry, but how are we going off topic? We're talking about Dane Cook and his joke about Atheism.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Arial]It seemed like there was a tangent spawning about what Atheism means, that's all.[/FONT]

[quote name='Jakehammaren']Actually, Athiesm is a philosophy with set guidelines, not just the opposition to the idea of the existence of god. Therefore, no, no Athiest would ever say that he'd come back as a tree. Dane could have had the character say "excuse me, I don't believe in God", or anything else, but he said Athiest, therefore displaying an ineptitude to grasp the very foundations of the philosophy. Cook, being a devout Catholic, was, to an extent, using the joke to portray the silliness he believes is inherent to Athiesm, but he botched it by not having the facts straight.[/quote]
[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]The [b]definition[/b] of Atheism is the disbelief in the existence of any deities. And I wouldn't call Dane a devout Catholic. He swears like nothing else.

Anyway, my favourite Dane Cook skit (aside from the Atheist one) would have to be one of the parts on Vicious Circle. My friend got the DVD for Christmas and we watched it countless times. Lots of luls.

I love when he's talking about women and men in an argument and how the woman always has this secret weapon. Ah, you'd have to watch it but it really is hillarious.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=White][COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]The [b]definition[/b] of Atheism is the disbelief in the existence of any deities. And I wouldn't call Dane a devout Catholic. He swears like nothing else.

Anyway, my favourite Dane Cook skit (aside from the Atheist one) would have to be one of the parts on Vicious Circle. My friend got the DVD for Christmas and we watched it countless times. Lots of luls.

I love when he's talking about women and men in an argument and how the woman always has this secret weapon. Ah, you'd have to watch it but it really is hillarious.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Swearing isn't so much of a sin as it is something that is frowned upon in Catholocism. Unless of course it is using the lord's name in vain. Which would I guess technically make me not such a devout catholic since I tend to do that from time to time, heh. Though I suppose that's nothing compared to not being in a church since two easters ago. But anywho...as it pertains to Vicious Circle my favorite part is definitly when he's talking about how cheating comes back to haunt you. It's not nearly as funny listening to it as watching it while listening to it though, heh.

A close second would be the B&E skit, just for the part where he imitates the father of the family everytime when he's like "WHAT THE HELL DID THEY TAKE!?". [/font]