OtakuBoards

Dane Cook

Guest NIKI12345

[QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wasn't it Dane Cook that was the antagonist of "Employee of the Month?" If so I love him. :p

I actually haven't seen one of his shows yet, but I hear so many mixed opinions, I think it's time to make my own. <3[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

No, he was the main character.

And Dane Cook is indeed Catholic - he makes that quite apparent in his comedy and offstage.

I like Dane Cook. He is a really good comedian! Sure his jokes can get repetitive but he tries to keep them as funny as he can. I have his "Harmful if Swallowed" CD/DVD and his "Tourgasm" DVD. They are really good. Tourgasm was an hour long comedy of him doing stand up. He hardely swears either. Many comedians use alot of swearing to increase humor in their jokes. He moves his voice and acts alot to bring comedic humor. In Tourgasm he went on a country wide tour with 3 other comedians(Forget their names atm) and they live to deal with eachother for 30 days straight doing 1-2 shows every day. Its pretty stressful for them but I loved it.

I also got to see his new movie "Employee of The Month". that was a really funny movie. He was a great actor in that movie he had that humor that fit right in with the situations as well as with everyone else.

His cartoons were pretty sweet also. His koolaid skit was hilarious! I loved it A+ from me haha.
I hope Dane Cook keeps going and makes many more jokes as well as DVDs so i can get them.

Guest NIKI12345
Well I kind of stoped listening to his acts because I suddenly got this big intrest in Mitch something he is called. He made up the 13 unlucky number act. Thats funny.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NIKI12345
[quote name='Jakehammaren']Mitch Hedberg? He's not at all like Dane Cook. Totally different style. And, in my opinion, much funnier. His jokes are more original, as is his delivery.[/quote]

I have to admite he is also very funny here is one of his vids

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZAXD9qZp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZAXD9qZp4[/URL]

[QUOTE=NIKI12345]I have to admite he is also very funny here is one of his vids

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZAXD9qZp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmZAXD9qZp4[/URL][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]That's not Mitch Hedberg.

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IueXtzdC6kA][i]This[/i] is Mitch Hedberg.[/URL] [/color]

• 3 weeks later...
I use to love Dane Cook. But then I found out he has stolen a large amount of his material. A good bit of it from Louis CK(who is hilarious by the way). I lost a little bit of respect for him after that, and now he's gotten really mainstream. Not that thats a problem, but its kind of a Dave Chapelle type of thing. Eventually you just tire of people repeating the same joke over and over again. Plus his movie wasnt really anything special. I was expecting another waiting... and i got a average romantic comedy.

I prefer Jim Gaffigan and David Cross.

If people get offened by comedians you should probaly not listen to any copmedians in the first place. I mean I watch a lot of comedians and in one way or another they will make fun of a group of people. Hell Robin Williams did it on Broadway and he was great. Dane Cook has a lot more offensive material than most comedians Ill say that. And his style is immature but he is a good comedian.Not one of the greats but funny nonethless.

I don't think the problem is that the joke was offensive, just that it was incorrect. The joke could have been funnier if it played more off facts.

At any rate, I enjoy Dane Cook. I don't like all his stuff and I think the HBO special he did was pretty weak. I think the fame is going to his head a bit, since his older stuff just seems funnier. But I must say, there's something about the Heist/Monkey skit that kills me every time.

I do agree with a few other posters, though, about Mitch Hedberg being better. His delivery was something else.

Guest NIKI12345
[QUOTE=BlueMoon]I don't think the problem is that the joke was offensive, just that it was incorrect. The joke could have been funnier if it played more off facts.

At any rate, I enjoy Dane Cook. I don't like all his stuff and I think the HBO special he did was pretty weak. I think the fame is going to his head a bit, since his older stuff just seems funnier. But I must say, there's something about the Heist/Monkey skit that kills me every time.

I do agree with a few other posters, though, about Mitch Hedberg being better. His delivery was something else.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the heist one was cool. One thing that all guys like more than *** is to be a part of a heist. I might post that vid on here if you want to watch it.

[QUOTE=BlueMoon]I don't think the problem is that the joke was offensive, just that it was incorrect. The joke could have been funnier if it played more off facts.

I do agree with a few other posters, though, about Mitch Hedberg being better. His delivery was something else.[/QUOTE]

Every last word of this post rings true. :animesmil

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LoveandGuns
[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Times New Roman]Personally, I never really liked Dane Cook, considering all he seems to do is scream when trying to get his point across. The only joke I liked was about the creepy guy from the work place, but besides that one I find him slightly below average for a comedian.

Yet, I'm more of a Jim Gaffigan fan, really. :)[/FONT][/COLOR]