OtakuBoards

Public Displays of Affection.

DeathKnight

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson][b]Survey[/b]

*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?
*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)
*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)
*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)
*How often would you say you see public displays of affection?
*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?
*Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?
*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)
*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No.
*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")

Thank you in advance to anyone who does the survey too. :)[/color][/QUOTE]
1: teens (you're not getting a more specific answer. Don't try.)
2: A. say what you will. I'm Lutheran.
3: never
4: they've mostly been friend relationships. I kinda wish I had a girlfriend, but I can wait.
5: every day. I'm in High School.
6: no, but I'm a bit embarassed sometimes.
7: I hug (friends who are female) sometimes, so I guess so.
8: B. I'll explain later.
9: I don't know. I've never gone.
10: Mom says: 43. Just kidding, I would say around the time your hormones aren't trying to "get to know" every girl/guy you meet, so about 17-18?

I think you should probably limit your PDA's to hugging or small kisses (cheek or peck) because of certain taboos of our society. For instance, two men or women may want to think about kissing in public because it might make others uncomfortable (and in the female case, you might attract some pervs.) I think anything you can say or do in public can wait until you're in a slightly less public setting and not make people uncomfortable. (About my example: I don't feel like giving my opinion on the matter because no doubt SOMEONE will and I don't feel like being called names right now.)

[SIZE=1] [B]How Old Are You?[/B]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed]sophmore in high school[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]How would you say you feel about abstinence?[/B]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed]Fair, I find it perfectly fine if a couple cant have intercourse til marriage.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Times New Roman]none yet, she's still in another country.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]How often would you say you see public displays of affection?[/B]

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed]alot, I'm still in high school.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Times New Roman]sure, but it depends what what Ash and I are in the mood for[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Times New Roman]well, if the couple are beginning to strip......that's pretty far.....espically in a crowded place.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[B]In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Times New Roman]No, when they start grinding, making out, etc, the dance just gets funnier and funnier....[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Times New Roman]I think 13 would be apporpate, cos that's like when people begin to put two and two together to get four, and....isnt when puberty starts?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=2][COLOR=Red]*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)[/COLOR]
B
[COLOR=Red]*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)[/COLOR]
Um, never (your talking about sex right?)
[COLOR=Red]*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Red]*How often would you say you see public displays of affection?[/COLOR]
Too many to count
[COLOR=Red]*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?[/COLOR]
I wouldn't especially they were doing it heavy duty because I would probably end up embarressing myself.
[COLOR=Red]*Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?[/COLOR]
I think the little things are ok. Like hand holding, hugging, quick kisses. If I wanted to do something more I would do it in a room with the door closed. Or outside if there wasn't anyone watching (heavy make out session- not sex) :p
[COLOR=Red]*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)[/COLOR]
C.Making out pretty heavily and anything more than that.
[COLOR=Red]*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No.[/COLOR]
Yes: Especially when their like grinding so you wonder why their not in a room yet.
[COLOR=Red]*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")[/COLOR]
Around 7th grade. Personally I decided I needed to see what it was like to see if I was ready and that was in the 7th grade and it was a good decision for me. Like when puberty happening. [/SIZE]

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]How Old Are You?[/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2] [/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]22 years old[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]How would you say you feel about abstinence?[/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Abstinence is evil and wrong.[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][b][spoiler]...Oh wait, i'm married.[/spoiler][/b] [/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)[/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]None (Sticks out chest). Really though, before I got married, I was always playing my video game/computer so I never really paid attention to girls unless I went to school (And even then I was a geek).[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)[/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Every relationship i've been in has been serious and that would be *counts fingers* ...five relationships total -- the longest one being 4 years (3 were spent fighting and making-up)[/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][/size][/font][/b]
[size=2][font=Palatino Linotype][b]Lol. Wait, the longest relationship i've been in has lasted 15 years. That relationship has been with my video games. :D[/b] [/font]
[/size]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]How often would you say you see public displays of affection?[/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Not a lot anymore. You usually see that stuff in high school and college (Dorm-room college, not community college -- where I go to).[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show? [/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Hell yeah. My wife, however, is a damn hermit crab when it comes to showing affection in public. Man, I swear...[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)[/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]The sky's the limit -- unless there's kids around. They need to figure that stuff out when they're ready, you know?[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No[/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]*Shruggs* Don't ask me. I was trying to beat Final Fantasy VIII for the second time during my senior prom.[/size][/font][/b]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!") [/size][/font]
[b][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Dating? I would say 16. Why? Because if you end up loving the person you're with, and you're heart gets broken, a certain level of maturity is required for you to bring yourself out of the rut you're in. Seriously.[/size][/font][/b]

*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Don't you know it's rude to ask a lady how old she is?! LOL I am 31.[/COLOR]

*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]D. This is in reference to me. I am married. Now if this question is in reference to someone who is underage than A. [/COLOR]

*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Honesty, I don't know. I'd say before I got married...a few dozen.[/COLOR]

*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]2 [/COLOR]

*How often would you say you see public displays of affection?
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Rarely nowadays. I really don't spend much time out and about so the most I see is hand holding.[/COLOR]

*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]I'm not but I do believe there is a time and place to be intimate. That time and place is not the check out line at the grocery store.[/COLOR]

*Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]I feel comfortable holding hands, quick pat on the bottom and a quick kiss.[/COLOR]

*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]C. I would say too far is reaching under clothing to fondle parts.[/COLOR]

*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No.
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]N/A. I haven't been in school (or college) in years so I can't say how dances are now.[/COLOR]

*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]16. You gotta be able to drive yourselves on dates. Having mommy and daddy take you and your guy/gal in the family mini-van for your date is just embarassing. lol[/COLOR]

As I mentioned before I feel, and have always felt, that there is a time and place for showing certain levels of affection. Holding hands and a quick kiss is fine in general public but going beyond that I feel should be done in private. Standing in line at the post office or DMV reaching down each others pants is really not appropriate. :animeshy:

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Grr! I hate it when people do that stuff! >.< I know I sound very obnoxious at the moment but it's just one of those things that really annoys me. v_v; Well say if you haven't seen a friend in a really long time and you go to hug them for like a second then stop that's okay but I hate it when I see couples sharing long embraces, holding hands and walking painfully slow, or kissing any way at all. They often get in my way to by say taking up a sidewalk or blocking a door or taking up a hallway and then I don't want to say anything because they put me in that embarassing situation so I can't access what I might need T.T So I'm very against that stuff... As for your survey though ^.^; :catgirl:

1. I'm 15 as of last month
2. A. Excellent I'm staying a virgin XD
3. Uhhh... well if almost being raped counts than I guess once or twice I've been able to avoid it... but I'm still a virgin ^.^; they were only close calls ;)
4. 0 I can't love anyone because I'm a very heartless person XD
5. Everyday, at almost every hour of the day! @.@
6. Just usually annoyed because I feel really awkward to have walked in upon this moronic couple or they could be wasting my time or getting in the way. ^.~
7. Nope because I'll never be with someone to display them.
8. C. Other: Even the holding hands and walking slowly thing or leaning on someone's shoulder and walking slowly drives me crazy :animestun
9. No
10. I don't really care ... never? I've had friends that started dating people in grade 3 so I just let them do whatever they want But I'll never do that stuff ^.~
(I sounded very cold hearted in that didn't I?)[/FONT][/COLOR]