OtakuBoards

Public Displays of Affection.

DeathKnight

[color=crimson]I'd say all of us on OtakuBoards have enough expierence socially and romantically to have an opinion on public displays of affection so I'm going to start a kind of personal topic. I'm starting this topic for more selfish reasons though as I'm helping out my girlfriend with a school assignment she got to give out a survey.. her partner and herself decided to make it about public displays of affection and here we are. I'd like some help from you guys in doing the surveys but that'll come later.

For anyone who is unaware public displays of affection are pretty much, you know, anything remotely affectionate- holding hands, hugging, kissing, touching and so on done in "public" places. For the topic, what are your opinions about PDAs? Are people too carefree about being affectionate in public places? Would you say you'd be comfortable being affectionate in public with a significant other?

I'd like to start off by saying I personally don't have any problems with other couples displaying intimacy in public places depending on the situation. Just as long as the level of intimacy they are displaying is, you know, logical for just how 'public' they are. You know, if you're at the mall or in a pretty big crowd don't go too much beyond a passionate kiss. If it's more private and empty, just go with the flow. If you're comfortable with more then go for it. Between my girlfriend and I we that's how we feel. We're cool with being affectionate in public and just regulate how affectionate it is depending on just how "public" it is.

Now, as for the survey I'd appreciate at least six replies who do the survey along with replying to the topic at hand. The questions might be a bit personal so if you're uncomfortable doing it, don't do it. I'm not trying to offend you, just trying to get this **** done lol.

[b]Survey[/b]

*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?
*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)
*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)
*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)
*How often would you say you see public displays of affection?
*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?
*Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?
*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)
*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No.
*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")

Thank you in advance to anyone who does the survey too. :)[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Social norms and political correctness are my arch-rivals, so I am a bad person to ask, as you can expect rediculous liberality from me at all times.

Legal? Yes. Just like everything else, I'd like it to be legal to do whatever you want wherever you want. I just do, not even a real reason.

Do I want to see some people making out in public? Who cares? not my business. If your rubbing up on each other i may shake my head and say something regarding 'the downfall of western civilization', 'divination', or 'the death of all human life', but those are my own issues.

EDIT: missed the survey

: I am 15
: I like abstinence and am sworn to it
: Never, lol
: 3 maybe, depend on how you define it
: often
: no
: never had the opportunity, would take it if i did
: I'm a shy person, probably not past kissing
: Never been, but they sound like it
: Depends on societarial progress[/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]

I share a similar view as you, DK, on this topic. As long as you aren't groping each other in the middle of a mall, I'm pretty fine with couples kissing, hugging, holding hands, and etc in public. I don't really like to make other people my business. Anyways, love's a beautiful thing, so I don't see why one wouldn't want to express it while other's can see. Heh. Not that big a deal with me.

[b]Survey:[/b]

*I just turned 17 on the 24th.

*Not so much. I suppose maybe a D. I could go with out it for a little while, but I'd like [i]some[/i] sexual contact, be it by alternate means, if I were with someone for an extended period of time (by that, I'm judging by a year or two). I'm not the kind of guy who wants sex on the first date, because for me it has some meaning behind. But I'm also all for sexual relationships between a committed dating couple. In my eyes, you'll be with that person for ever if you marry them, and if you don't like the sex, then that's your bad. I'm not condoning permiscuous sex, but if you're with and committed to your lover, then make love.

*A few times, more than I can count from memory. But I'm no playboy.

*I'd say over twenty since Junior High. About four of them were really serious though. The longest was two and a half years and right now I'm currently involved with another.

*Quite often to almost never depending on the female.

*Nope. I don't really mind it aslong as there's no under-clothes action going on.

*Already have, so I guess I would have to say yes.

*Groping each other beneath clothing, I'd suppose, depending on the area. A little tail grabbing is far enough for my eyes.

*Not sexual enough. I mean, I just get bummed out when I get a girl dancing dirty with me and then people start trying to break it up. Sometimes it can go a little far, but a little bumpin' & grindin' never hurt anyone.

*I'd say 15 or 16 is a good age to start. I mean, I've had 'girlfriends' since I was ten or so, but I've never really 'dated' someone, like gone over to their houses and stuff, 'til I was around 14. But then again, I'm an oldest child and I was a bit more mature for my age, so I'd say 15 to 16 is good.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkgreen]- 15, 16 in a month
- B: Good. Abstinence is a really good way for smart people to prevent the overpopulation that dumb people make inevitable. (^_~ Sorry, I've been wanting to say that for a while. It is also a good idea until you are married, or 18, mostly whenever you are financially able to take care of whatever mistake you may make.)
- Hmm. Never, I think?
- One serious one, and I'm still in it.
- Every day, almost.
- Slightly. I mean, hugging, a short kiss, maybe standing there holding that person is fine, but making out? Hell no, I wouldn't want people watching me, why should I have to watch them?
- Again, I have no problem having people see me hug, hold or kiss my boyfriend, but anything more intimate is to, well, intimate.
- See above.
- No. But then again, I'm only there to dance. ^_^
- Dating, as in seriously dating, not puppy love and crushes, probably 15 or 16. I honestly think that's a maturity thing, and most teenagers aren't that mature. However, if they don't get their dating crazily out of the way now they never will. :)

I have always been kind of irked by the PDA rules at my school, because they say you aren't even allowed to hold hands or hug. That makes me mad. It's perfectly all right if I hug a friend, but my boyfriend? Oh no, that's horrible. I mean, my good girl friends and I even kiss each other on the cheek goodbye, and they have never once said anything about that. But if I get caught hugging my boyfriend for five seconds we're in trouble. It makes no sense.[/size][/color]

[font=arial][size=1]*18
*I think abstinence is great for the people who believe in it. I don't really know how I'd rate it for myself. I don't believe that virginity is something that should be thrown away, and I would like to keep mine until I find "the one."
*Twice.
*Most of my relationships were either really awful or vague, so it's hard to say. I've had two relationships that were terrible but went on for a long time. I guess the other five or so could be considered flings.
*Several times per day.
*Not really, I'm pretty much desensitized to it.
*I've never had the chance, but I wouldn't mind. Other people don't matter during that... time.
*I'm cool with kissing but anything past that (feeling up, etc) is kind of nasty.
*I don't go to them, so I wouldn't be the best to ask.
*15 sounds fair to me. It depends on the person, though.[/font][/size]

[quote name='The Boss][color=darkred][size=1]As long as you aren't groping each other in the middle of a mall, I'm pretty fine with couples kissing, hugging, holding hands, and etc in public. [/color'][/size][/quote]
[size=1]Right on! Well, I guess it really depends on how hot the couple is, to be blunt.

[b]Survey Time[/b]
- I'm 17 years old.
- I probably feel fair (C) about abstinence.
- Once.
- Two relationships to date.
- I only see them maybe once every so often, usually with a new couple that can't get off each other.
- Usually not, unless they're making out inside a church or having dry sex in a restaurant, lol.
- Sure, as long as they didn't get out of hand. Showing affection isn't something to be ashamed of.
- Too far would probably be 'sexual touching' i.e. massaging a girl's breast or rubbing a guy's crotch. At that point you have to get a room, but kissing and hugging are perfectly acceptable.
- No. Until there's nonconsensual stuff going on or clothes being taken off (or the aforementioned groping), I don't think it's too far. Freak dancing really isn't a big deal.
- Dating should probably begin sometime in high school, maybe 15 years old? Even at that point, the relationship is still extremely weak... teenagers are just wishywashy beings. Serious dating begins sometime after high school, maybe 18 years of age.[/size]

[font=Tahoma]*20
*D
*Never really needed to make a [i]decision[/i].
*Not very often at all
*Yes
*C (A full make-out session in public is inappropriate)
*No
*Juveniles should be able to have girlfriends, but real [i]dating[/i] that could lead to sex should start at 16.
[/font]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I basically completely agree with you as well...
Survey time:

*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you? [B]I am the beautiful age of 16.[/B]
*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor) [B]A -- Excellent![/B]
*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.) [B]Never[/B]
*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.) [B]1.5[/B]
*How often would you say you see public displays of affection? [B]Every single day.[/B]
*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way? [B]Not often.[/B]
*Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show? [B]For me?? I don't do ANYTHING in public besides hand-holding or hugging, unless it's just around friends.[/B]
*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?) [B]C... heavy making out is too far.[/B]
*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No. [B]No.[/B]
*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!") [B]14-15. AKA, freshman year [9th grade] in high school.[/B]

Thank you in advance to anyone who does the survey too. :) [B]You're welcome! =][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?[/B]20 years old
[B]*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)[/B] Excellent. I am a strong believer in it
[B]*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)[/B] twice
[B]*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)[/B] four
[B]*How often would you say you see public displays of affection?[/B] Everyday...at least a few times each day
[B]*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?[/B] Offended for the most part because I do not feel they need to be in a full make-out session in public. Other than that, I am not offended at all.
[B]*Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?[/B] Kissing, hugging, and holding hands are alright for me to do in public, however I am sometimes too shy to kiss in front of too many people...especially those that I know. But I am totally all for a hug.
[B]*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)[/B] Other; Making out and feeling eachother is a little too much.
[B]*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No.[/B] Yes, saw a guys bare bottom by accident while at one and have been too scarred to go back to a high school dance since. (no more high school for me now of course)
[B]*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")[/B] Personally, I feel that one should not date until they are like in college....but that is just me.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][size=1]

- Sixteen.
- Sex if for married people.
- More than ten, less than twenty-five.
- Five.
- Daily. Hourly.
- I'm not at all offended. They can do as they feel. Of course, depending upon the time and place. Having sex in a church pew is a bit much, but kissing in the mall is absolutely fine.
- I hug my boyfriend. But niether of us are big on making out in public.
- Hugging is A-OK. Kissing is fine. Tonuge-kissing is a bit much for most places, but is completely tolerable when apropriate. Anything sexual is just a bit much for the public's view.
- No? I'm not sure, I homeschool.
- Fourteen is a solid experimenal age. Real dating shouldn't happen until a few years later, but it's nice to get your first failed relationship under your belt younger. You recover faster. You learn faster. You gain experience.

[/size][/FONT]

I agree with your point of view, DeathKnight. The problem, I think, is that one person's 'logical' guesstimate of what's appropriate doesn't always line up with the rest of the world. That's when you have the big, greasy guy frenchin' the bimbo showing too much skin at the fountain in the mall. It's gross, and everyone knows it except for them.

Gah... Now I've got that image stuck in my head... Give me a minute... *leaves computer, takes a jog, takes a nap..... ... ... <.< ... Ok, he's back.* See what I mean? Nastay.

Abstinence: A. Excellent. I echo sakurasuka's thoughts.

Current rejection count: ~Thirty +?
Relationship count: Two.

You see that greasy guy how often?!: Whenever I'm out in public I generally see it in some form or fashion.

Offended Y/N?: No, not offended. Maybe a little disturb at times, but never offended.

PDA cool for you and yours?: Yesh.

I draw the line at: C. Other. If you wouldn't do it in front of your mom, don't do it in front of me. If you'd feel ashamed or threatened in front of your authority figures, maybe your PDAing for the wrong reason. Eh?

School dances too sexual: Yes! It's not an f'ing club, it's a school [i]FORMAL [/i]dance. I understand that you want to act like you're 21+, but bumpin' and grinding, lap dances, necking and dry humping at the school formal is a bit much.

Age of sexual enlightenment: Boys have dingaling's, girls have hooha's. You want to procreate? Go find the matching member. When they're old enough to understand that, the implications of that, and also understand the responsibility that comes with holding the other person's emotional/mental/physical well-being in their slippery little hands... Then they can start dating. This obviously depends upon the child.

[color=teal][b]I)[/b] I'm 23.[/color]
[color=teal] [/color]
[color=teal][b]II)[/b] I'm pretty good with abstinence. I believe in waiting for that someone special that I will spend the rest of my life with before comitting to a sexual relationship.[/color]
[color=teal] [/color]
[color=teal][b]III)[/b] about three or four times. I have resited the urge to have sex 2 of those times. the third I went for it, but in the end, plans fell through and we didn't end up doing it.[/color]
[color=teal][/color]
[color=teal][b]IV). [/b]about three or four.[/color]
[color=teal] [/color]
[color=teal][b]V).[/b] Not very often.[/color]
[color=teal] [/color]
[color=teal][b]VI)[/b] Not in the slightest, it's their business.[/color]
[color=teal][/color]
[color=teal][b]VII)[/b] [/color][color=teal]Yeah, I guess. I'd be cool with that.[/color]
[color=teal] [/color]
[color=teal][b]VIII)[/b] Aynthing sexual. I am cool with hugging/kissing/pashing because it doesn't bother me. The day people start humping on the bus is the day I put my foot down. :p[/color]
[color=teal] [/color]
[color=teal][b]IX).[/b] I can't really comment on today's school dances, but mine weren't.[/color]
[color=teal][/color]
[color=teal][b]X)[/b] 13. That's about the age you start taking an interest in girls, so it only feels natural that datign begins then.[/color]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you? [/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]18[/color][/size][/font]
[/indent]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]How would you say you feel about abstinence? [/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]I'd have to go with [b]C[/b], It is good for some, sex can cause alot of complications before marriage if you aren't careful. At the same time sex is a beautiful thing and a wonderful experience that you can share with many or one person(s) but you have to be mature enough to approach it, so untill then I think people should refrain from it. I don't think it's for me and I've already burned that bridge but that's another subject.[/color][/size][/font]
[/indent]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not?[/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]Eh, more times than I'd like to recollect but I'll say about 20.[/color][/size][/font]
[/indent]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]How many relationships have you been in? [/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]I haven't been in too many exclusive relationships generally I keep things pretty casual but I'd have to say 3 serious relationships, probably about 6 casual ones.[/color][/size][/font]
[/indent]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]How often would you say you see public displays of affection?[/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]Quite often if I really think about it, probably over 20 times a day, but then again I work in a mall....[/color][/size][/font]
[/indent]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way? [/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]No, it doesn't seem out of the ordinary for me, I personally think it's more in human nature to show public affection. It's hard not to when you care about someone, you want to show your feeling to some degree almost all the time.[/color][/size][/font]
[/indent]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show? [/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]I don't have a problem with it but I'd prefer it be with a partner that I have alot of feeling for, though I have shown a PDA on just a spur of the moment thing. Though if for some reason someone had a problem with it, if they asked me politely I'd be more than happy to oblige their request and stop.[/color][/size][/font]
[/indent]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? [/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]I would say [b]A[/b], but it just depends on how comfortable the people involved are with their actions. To a certain degree I aproach it like this, it doesn't really matter if you're doing it in public or private you'd still be preforming the action, but then again I wouldn't care to see people having sex openly but minor displays are all game.[/color][/size][/font][/indent]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]In your opinion have school dances become too sexual?[/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]I don't think they have become too sexual, because in nature that what dances relate to, sex. In most cultures and times, dancing was used as a form of courting, celebration and display of ones body. It really hasn't changed since then and I don't expect it too.[/color][/size][/font]
[/indent]

[list]
[*][size=1][color=dimgray]At what age do you think that dating should begin?[/color][/size]
[/list]

[indent][font=Tahoma][size=1][color=dimgray]Well I don't think people should date till they are mature enough to handle dating. That way stuff doesn't happen too fast because it could affect a person in a negative way. So dating could begin anywhere from 15 to 18 it just all depends on the persons involved.[/color][/size][/font][/indent]

[COLOR=DarkRed][b]Survey[/b]

[B]*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?[/B]
[B]
*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)[/B]
D-Poor, because abstinence alone is not a good solution, but combined with other options it makes a good balance on knowing when to not be more affectionate.

[B]*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)[/B]
Too many, I enjoy dating, but their seems to be a mistaken perception that being taken out to dinner means you should let your date have their way with you. Here?s a hint to guys out there, don?t think an expensive dinner earns you the right to get into a woman?s pants. ;)
[B]
*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)[/B]
I usually end up dating anywhere from five to 10 different people a year, the number being so high due to the previous question, so I end up breaking up a lot since I do not move fast when it comes to a relationship.

[B]*How often would you say you see public displays of affection?[/B]
All the time, or rather at least several times a day.

[B]*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?[/B]
Only if they are doing more than holding hands, kissing, hugging, etc. I?ve seen everything from people putting their hands inside each other?s clothing to a couple having sex in the theater during a movie. Something that is not that attractive when you are trying to enjoy the real show.

[B]*Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?[/B]
I don?t see a problem with it, so long as it?s kept within what society considers acceptable, and by acceptable, if you are doing things that would get you arrested like the couple doing it in the theater, then obviously that isn?t acceptable.

[B]*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)[/B]
I think I already answered this one in the previous two. lol

[B]*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No.[/B]
They might have elsewhere, but so far the few dances I?ve attended have been just fine.
[B]
*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")[/B]
I think that simple dating is fine from about sixteen up, for the simple reason that?s when most teens are old enough to drive. But for more serious dating where more can happen than simple holding hands, hugging or the occasional kiss?Eighteen is a better age for that since you?ve moved out of the jailbait category.
[B]
Thank you in advance to anyone who does the survey too. :)[/B]
You?re welcome, though since my survey questions also answered the topic I did not bother to repeat myself. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]1. How old are you?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I am 17.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]2. How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Hey, if it works for you, so be it. I give it a C.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]3. How many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]None.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]4. How many relationships have you been in?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]None.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]5. How often would you say you see public displays of affection?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Every passing period at school, during lunch, and every minute after school.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]6. When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I don't feel offended - just frustrated.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]7. Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I don't see why not.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]8. How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Anything too physical, say, in a formal setting.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]9. In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]To some degree, yes. I knew not of the tradition of dry-humping on the dance floor.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]10. At what age do you think that dating should begin?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]I'd say around 14-16. Seriously. If you start too late, you have problems with such things later on down the road. Do a field test when you're young.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][B]*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?[/B]
19 turning 20 in just over three weeks.

[B]*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)[/B]
[I]C[/I] I suppose, I don't really feel anything more or less about it than other preventative issues despite being Catholic. If people want to abstain, that's fine, all credit to their relationship. If they don't, at least have the common sense to use protection on both sides.

[B]*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)[/B]
None, most of my girlfriends where sex was involved have been very cool and mature about it, neither of us wanted kids so it was a case of making love when we felt the time was right with appropriate protection.

[B]*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)[/B]
Maybe seven or eight serious and fifteen, twenty fortnight or shorter one. Sexual relationships is on about three, the last one finishing last Sunday.

Not very often, it's frowned upon in my high school fairly severely, and it doesn't happen often in my local town.

[B]*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?[/B]
It depends really on how intimate they are, I don't have any problem with a quick kiss, but if it gets more serious, I kinda feel a bit uncomfortable, heh maybe that's just jealously...

Again it depends on the intimacy, I've often kissed my girlfriends walking down the street, but I do limit it to short and tongueless one, just out of courtesy.

[B]*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)[/B]
[I]A[/I], I think I've already outlined in the above one why I wouldn't go farther than a kiss.

In school, not with our teachers, it'd been stamped out fairly swiftly.

[B]*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")[/B]
I started seriously at about 15/16 though I didn't get intimate with someone until last year. I think normal dating at 15 or 16 is fine, your old enough to know what you're doing.[/SIZE]

[b]Survey[/b]

[B]*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?[/B]

[B]*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)[/B]
Good, so long as it?s not advocated as the only solution.
[B]
*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)[/B]
Not that many as I do not like rushing a relationship. And the few times where I?ve been at a party where it has started getting out of hand I?ve just left and never attended a party with them again.
[B]
*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)[/B]
Serious ones? Probably about ten over the past six years. More if you include those that didn?t really last past the first couple of dates.

Several times a day.

No, but then other than simple hugging, kissing and holding hands I?ve never seen anything more than that where I live.

I don?t see why not.
[B]
*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)[/B]
Well if you are turning your partner on to the point that your hands and theirs are going under each others clothing or in spots that are more private, then at that point you?re going too far.

Not for lack of trying. But in general no.
[B]
*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")[/B]
Light dating is good for the ages 15-18, but anything more serious is better if you wait until your date is no longer considered jailbait. Even if you feel ready for it, parents and the law are unforgiving in that respect.

[B]Thank you in advance to anyone who does the survey too. :)[/B]
You?re welcome, though I don?t know if you even need any more surveys. But since the survey answers both I figured it would be the easiest.

[SIZE=2]Face sucking is rather gross to watch.... :o

1)18

2)ide say its good, perhaps people need to pracitice it alot better like teenagers and people with AIDS lol!

3)once, when the guy was coming on to me, and I was extremely unattracted to him, and wasnt about to **** up my life while i was still in highschool, cause well, it takes a retard to do that :animesmil

4)None that were serious, just kiddie stuff, ive maybe had 7 boyfriends, some of which I would go out with more than once, but... It was boring and a waste of time.

5)mmm...At school, everyday, but now that im out of school, it rarely happens, but when it does.... I just assume they do it for attention

6)well...it doesnt hurt anyone, but I wouldnt do it, its not anyones buisness to see that, and there are young people watching and absorbing what they see

7)some ***** straddeling her boyfriend and they were hard core going at eachothers faces and doing humping motions lol!

8)no, at my school, its always been the drugs, alcohal and violence

9)18 is a pretty mature age, but I think it really depends on what that persons doing with their lives, other wise it should be held off till after school, but always having some kind of a ttraction and spending time with the opposite gender would be healthy i think[/SIZE]

[size=1][font=tahoma]Ooooh...Survery..How fun!

[b][COLOR=#339966]First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?[/b][/COLOR]:

[indent]I'm 19 going on 20.[/indent]

[b][COLOR=#339966]How would you say you feel about abstinence? [/COLOR][/b]:

[indent]Excellent. Considering thats what people want to do. However I can't really say I'm abstinent myself...ahem..too late for that one. But I was Abstinence till I got out of highschool, that was important to me. [/indent]

[b][COLOR=#339966]And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not?[/COLOR][/B]:

[indent]Well, considering my boyfriend is a complete an utter horn dog, I have to keep him atleast 2 ft away from me. Okay well maybe 1 ft, but most the time it's just kissing if we're in a crowd. As long as it's not a full out make out session. I know I hate seeing that myself so I tend to tone it down quite a lot. [/indent]

[COLOR=#339966][b]How many relationships have you been in?[/b][/color]:

[indent]Serious ones? I'll count two. First one was really awful. The second one I'm in now is with a younger guy so that makes things different. We've been going together for two years almost now. [/indent]

[COLOR=#339966][b]How often would you say you see public displays of affection?[/b][/COLOR]:

[indent]Not as much since I left highschool. I'll see PDA when I'm at like the mall or in a store, the occasional kissing, occasionally making out even, or butt squeeze. Meh. Not really a big deal. [/indent]

[COLOR=#339966][b]When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?[/b][/color]:

[indent]No, unless it goes beyond it like the girl has her hand down some guy's pants. Thats um, pretty disturbing. Believe it or not, I have seen some guy walk around the store like that. It was pretty disgusting. [/indent]

[COLOR=#339966][b]Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?[/b][/COLOR]:

[indent]Yeah of course. I can't really go beyond a kiss though, I'm pretty uptight about that. This is why my boyfriend gets a kick out of groping me in public O.o; it's one of my pet peeves. [/indent]

[COLOR=#339966][b]How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection?[/b][/color]:

[indent]An example would be the question above the last one. Any groping or sexual activity thats in public that you know you shouldn't be doing and could get kicked out of wherever you are from, would definately not be a good idea. [/indent]

[b][COLOR=#339966]In your opinion have school dances become too sexual?[/b][/COLOR]:

[indent]Yes I do. But then again, you can't stop it. As long as no one's having sex on the dance floor, why not. That's how they dance at the clubs when their older anyways. [/indent]

[COLOR=#339966][b]At what age do you think that dating should begin?[/b][/COLOR]:

[indent]Age 15 or 16 atleast. I wouldn't call that a mature relationship, but they would definately know the things that come along with relationships by then so maybe they would be a little more careful and prepared. Ah young puppy love. [/indent]

[/size][/font]

[COLOR=Blue][B]*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?[/B]
B
10?
[B]*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)[/B]
Atleast once everytime I go out.
Only when they go too far, or if I'm in a bad mood.
Yes, as long as I don't go too far.
C - When couples start to make out. Or start being verbal, like "let's go to a hotel and do *** and *** and ***...". I really don't want to hear those...
I never went to a school dance.
[B]*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")[/B]
After 15 and before 20.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]-[b]First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you?[/b]
[color=navy]21[/color]
-[b]How would you say you feel about abstinence?[/b]
[color=navy]A question like this is best answered in more than just a single word. As far as how I feel, I myself prefer the method of protected sex to anything else as I trust myself to be very smart and safe when it comes to the subject. I have for many years and have not screwed up and don't intend to. For those who believe in and practice abstinence, more power to them as I do not view it as either good or bad, simply whatever works for that person. [/color]
-[b]And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)[/b][color=navy]
I'm not in the habit of going out to parties and having sex with every girl I find, those I have had sex with I have had some kind of relationship with beforehand, whether it be boyfriend/girlfriend or friends with benefits. So most of the time if I have had to make a decision to abstain from sex or not it was usually due to "Do we have enough time?" or something like that. So not often have I had to make that decision, as I typically only have sex when the opportunity arises. [/color]
-[b]How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)[/b]
[color=navy]Really, only 2 serious ones. My two longest running ones, which were 1 year and 8 months.[/color]
-[b]How often would you say you see public displays of affection?[/b]
[color=navy]I live in New York, if i can go anywhere without seeing a PDA then i'd probably be concerned for the status of the country, or atleast the city. So in one word, often.[/color]
-[b]When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?[/b]
[color=navy]Not really, as my life would be much harder to live everyday if I was. [/color]
-[b]Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show?[/b]
[color=navy]Have shown them before, don't see a problem with doing em or seeing em. I draw the line at certain things though, as I've never had sex in the middle of a mall, park or a movie theater. Other things sure, but going all the way, no.[/color]
-[b]How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)[/b]
[color=navy]Pretty much what I refrain from is too far in my eyes, as I've done more then just hugging and kissing in public places before. Anyone having full blown sex out for everyone to see can enjoy their moment as much as they want, but that's not going to stop me from thinking "Wtf, get a room".[/color]
-[b]In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No.[/b]
[color=navy]Yes. But these social events are now seen as places to warm up the grill so to speak. These have changed with the times as much as other things have, and until the day these dances turn into orgies they will continue to happen. No use complaining about it, especially if your attending them yourself. I've been to two proms back in my high school days, my year and the senior prom of my junior year. Neither seemed all that bad in terms of sexual innuendo and whatnot (these things typically happen more so at clubs and public parties then at school functions). So in terms of school dances becoming too sexual, in comparison to how they used to be they have, but not to an alarming extent.[/color]
-[b]At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")[/b]
[color=navy]As much as I dislike answering questions that require more deliberation then a single answer with just a single answer, I'll go ahead and throw 15 on the table. Reason being that it's mainly when kids start high school and have been in long enough to get on the scene. It is my belief that high school is the start of the real dating scene for people, and is actually where I had my first relationships/dates. It is a very big part of the teen lifestyle, and starts things up for the later years in life.[/color]
[/FONT]

14 (Novemeber 17)

*How would you say you feel about abstinence?
Indifferent

*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.)
None

*How many relationships have you been in?
None/one (One if you seriously want to count it, I wouldn't but for statistics sake)

*shock* Public school is mostly relationships! I've been homeschooled for the past years (three or so). I've decided to go to public school this year. I've been there for about 4 weeks now. I've seen so much affection than I thought possible in 6 months.

*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way?
Not at all. It seems that it is just natural (Humans are supposed to act in certains ways). I don't think anyone could get offended by such things. Of course, somethings are better held in private.

Obviously, as I've said right above.

*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection?
Kissing and hugging is okay. Once it comes to the point where people start touching each other, groping each other, or having -oh lets call it- extended kissing sessions, its going too far.

*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual?
I've never attended one.

*At what age do you think that dating should begin?
I believe at a age where people are mature to a good level. If people start dating at a young age like 12 - well they aren't intellegent enough in my opinion. Unless they mature faster than others. Its all in how mature they are.

Guest NIKI12345
[b]Survey[/b]

*First of all, I'd like to ask how old are you? 13 Sep 28
*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor) A
*And how many times have you been in a situation where you had to make a decision to abstain from sexual activity or not? (It's cool to estimate.) Never I'm not that type
*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.) 3
*How often would you say you see public displays of affection? Yeah I see quite a bit at school
*When you see these public displays of affection would you say you're offended in any way? No depends on what type of affection. I good with kissing and huging.
*Would public displays of affection be alright for you to show? Well some.
*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?) I would go with other
*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No. Yes
*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!") Its the persons choice and I have no right to say anything at all about this choice.

Thank you in advance to anyone who does the survey too. :)[/color][/QUOTE]

Guest ILoveRockLee
*How would you say you feel about abstinence? (A. Excellent, B. Good, C. Fair, D. Poor)
*How many relationships have you been in? (A numerical estimation is cool here too.)
*How far would you say is too far for a public display of affection? (A. Kissing, B. Hugging, C. Other. If other, could you provide me with a short explanation of what you consider too far?)
*In your opinion have school dances become too sexual? Yes/No.
*At what age do you think that dating should begin? (Like, a real age not "Whenever!")

1) Nearly 15
2) I feel very strongly about abstinence!! Wait till yur married!!
3) Never...because I stay away from people who I feel could try to put me in that situation
4) 3
5) Every Day
6) A bit...if they're getting a bit too graphic.....i.e. groping eachother.
7) To a degree....probably a kiss. No more than that should be public!
8) C.....Grabbing eachother in inappropriate places
9) No
10) Um....14/15ish