OtakuBoards

Hyptosis

[img]http://www.lorestrome.com/weekly/albums/userpics/10001/sokka.jpg[/img]

Sketch of Sokka, took about an hour. Also recorded it!

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2KTB9fmkUU[/url]
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][B]Hyptosis[/B], how about some indication as to why you posted this? Are you looking for feedback, or suggestions for improving it? You need to clarify this since simply posting artwork without a clear reason will result in the thread being closed. ~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

[quote name='Roleni-Chan']Well I like the colors you put on Sokka. Its fits like in the cartoon[/quote]
[size=1]Welcome to Otakuboards, Roleni-Chan!

You're on the right track with your post, but try explaining what you mean by being more specific. Also, try offering points of improvement the artist can use to get better.

Thanks! If you've got any questions, don't hesitate to PM me or any other staff member.[/size]

[SIZE=1]This is good stuff, and I like the style. I don't watch the show so I can't critque it in that way. However, in a neutral artistic perspective I'd say you've got the proportions down pretty well. Especially the hands. I notice the hands alot in people's work, since their said to be one of the hardest parts to draw on a human form.

What really caught my eye was the coloring. These shades go really well together. Did you use Prismacolor markers? I've used these and have found it harder than other mediums, however I suppose it just takes practice like anything else...and money to buy all those stupid individual markers.

Wonderful job. [/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial]I'm happy to see some fanart from this show!

I like how you drew Sokka in your own style, whether intentional or not. You seem quite experieced with the coloring method you used. Nice job.

I found your video interesting to watch as I always like when people on TV show viewers "how I draw so and so" clips.

I must say I find fanart form this show to be some of the best. Would you happen to have any more you could share with us?[/FONT]

I watched the video and I'm just REALLY curious. How were you able to color with the pen like that. Is it a touch screen or something? I've always wanted one of those, if that was really how you did it. It looks easier than with a tablet.

I really like the lineart too. You made him still look like himself while still incorporating your own style into it. Very nicely done. I also really like the texture. It looks almost as if you never did it digitally. I would have guessed Markers if it wasn't for the video. Great Job. :)