OtakuBoards

writers block-only soso

Guest rotation88

Guest rotation88
okay cyber mates, i'm trying to make up a manga script. but, i keep running into two road blocks; 1. i have no idea what to write about that i wont just give up on right at the start. and 2. i have NO IDEA how to write a script. every time i try and google the topic of writing a script i only get a bunch of nothing in my lap. so, if anyone has any comments or suggestions (other than me using the spell check on the computer because my spelling is really bad, because i wont and i don't care if you have to decode my spellings to understand them. i have to do everyday so now its your turn lol) reply to this or do something besides just sitting there and making wise cracks all day lol thats my job and i dont need the compition lol well chow cyber mates ;) :dogboy:

[COLOR=Indigo]First of all if you wish for help to write a manga you're in the wrong area of the boards. So I'll be moving this to the Manga Workshop when I'm done. Secondly, saying you don't care if your spelling is bad and that you won't bother to improve just won't do.

Legible posts are a must here at OtakuBoards and that includes good spelling, good grammar and use of punctuation as well as capitalization. It's simple to use a program like Word or a program like Hotmail, [I]which is free[/I], to check your posts before copying and pasting them for posting. Failure to do so can result in a ban. We don't expect perfection, but we [I]do expect you to try[/I].

As for ideas, it would help if you explained just what type of manga you are interested in writing, horror, comedy, action, etc. Right now you're essentially asking someone to do all the work for you. But a general plot line would be useful or even some characters that you'd like to use in the story. Basically something besides [I]do it for me.[/I][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='rotation88']okay cyber mates, i'm trying to make up a manga script. but, i keep running into two road blocks; 1. i have no idea what to write about that i wont just give up on right at the start. and 2. i have NO IDEA how to write a script. every time i try and google the topic of writing a script i only get a bunch of nothing in my lap. so, if anyone has any comments or suggestions (other than me using the spell check on the computer because my spelling is really bad, because i wont and i don't care if you have to decode my spellings to understand them. i have to do everyday so now its your turn lol) reply to this or do something besides just sitting there and making wise cracks all day lol thats my job and i dont need the compition lol well chow cyber mates ;) :dogboy:[/quote][color=#b0000b]Oh, my. You're rather annoying.

So you want to write a comic book script. There are two vital points to this: The creative (having a story to write) and the technical (knowing how to go about such a thing). If you have neither of those, I'm curious as to why you want to tackle this project.

Honestly, you need to come up with an idea. I recommend the Muse Agency, though they're a bit pricey. Once you have a story you want to work on, go to the library. Comics compilations occasionally sport script samples, and famous comics writers probably have books written about them that include samples of their scripts, as well. There even exist [url=http://www.amazon.ca/Writers-Comics-Scriptwriting-Mark-Salisbury/dp/184023069X]books written about exactly this sort of thing[/url].[/color]

[COLOR=Magenta]The one thing that I really do have to say is that you really are f-ing annoying as they come. Sorry for the language, but you can't just have us decide what to write and then insult us like that! Some of us here actually have lives and live if to the fullest. You should take your own advice and get off of your butt and do some research for yourself!! No one wants to help you if you are so annoying and are ordering us around like we are your servants or something! :mad:

How about you go look it up in Yahoo! or AOL. You don't have to use Google for everything. And how about you type in [B]ScriptWriting[/B] instead of manga script. It might help if you know what you want to write about and what kind of things that you are interested in. Say that it could be romance, you can do some romantic characters that fall in love with each other and then put some twists that cause them not being about to be together and add some comedy and BAM!! You have manga script right there. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]Damn, are you the annoying one. Well anyways, since you obviously have no intention span of looking it for yourself, I'll tell you what you should do as advice.

[SIZE=1][B]1.[/B] Find out what you want to write.

[B]2.[/B] Pick a genre like - action, comedy, romance, mystery, shojo, shonen etc etc.

[B]3. [/B]Learn to use MS Word before you make another post to check your spelling and grammer.

[B]4.[/B] Don't insult people that you haven't met yet.

[B]5.[/B] Next time you decide to post something of importance to you, give it a bit of depth.[/SIZE]

That is all I have to say. PM if you have any complaints, flaming, questions, requests, etc. :)

Whoo, that was a lot to say :animesigh Hahahaha.[/COLOR]