OtakuBoards

The Iron Chef: Who's cusine reigns supreme?

miss april

I just remember the food made by both the challenger and the Iron Chef from the key ingredient.

I first watched this show as the Japanese version wraps up on free cable TV, from then I really have to watch it... I am usually impressed on how they made these new recipes form a main ingredient.

I also watched the Iron Chef America on cable TV, but there are some differences compared to the Japanese version. One of the chefs form Iron Chef Japan also appeared there [spoiler]Hiroyuki Sakai[/spoiler]

Anyway, I really love the show, and it makes me hungry once again. I am impressed in their creativity, technique and style on presenting their dish to the judges. Sometimes, I may guess who wins the challenge.

[color=#007520]I was a fan of the Iron Chef for a little while there. It wasn't the longest period of time and I didn't obsess over the fandom like I could have... (is there a fandom?) but it was fun to watch.

I enjoyed watching the Iron Chef specials (with Bobby Flay as the challanger) but I couldn't sit through an episode of the William Shatner hosted ones (Iron Chef USA). I haven't seen any of the more recent ones (Iron Chef America) but I probably wont be seeking it out. xD

That reminds me... I'm hungry...

-r2[/color]

[FONT=Tahoma]I am a fan of the original Iron Chef, I have watched them since the french chef before Sakai and throughout all three japanese Iron Chefs (Michiba, Nakamura, Morimoto). It was benig shown on the food network over here during nighttime for a while but sometime last year they stopped showing em andi 've been forced to settle for Iron Chef America. It isn't bad, but those chefs are a joke compared to the originals. Morimoto is the only one I ever root for.

I got quite a few interesting recipes from there a few times, but ultimatley I enjoyed watching the most. They found a way to make cooking seem exciting, :p.

Nobody was better than Iron Chef Chinese though, nobody can deny Chen Kenichi's total dominance.[/FONT]

[font=garamond][color=green]The japanese version, which is the original, Iron Chef si the best hands down. The American version they have now doesn't even come close to how great the original one was. The Iron Chefs themselves were ten times better and I watched a special on the Americanized one and 1hr before they film the show the chefs are actually told what the secret ingredient is so they can somewhat prepare in their minds the kind of dishes they want to make. I was so mad when I found this out because they did not do this in the original Iron Chef.[/color][/font]

[color=#007520]Well... according to Wiki... (heh -_-'') the American version has the chefs know what the secret ingredient is about 15 minutes before they actually start the cooking, but the reason is because they refilm the intro over and over. The Japanese Iron Chefs have 5 minutes to actually discuss the dishes before they start.

Also... there's a list of "possible" ingredients that the producers give the chefs and the Iron Chefs give the producers a shopping list so they'll have all the right ingredients to support the secret one. So... the Chef might be able to tell what the ingredient is by looking at the food the producers bought for him. Though, I'm not sure if this is true for the Japanese one too, it would make sense for it to be...

-r2[/color]

Guest XxricexX
[color=#E05860][size=3][font=verdana]Iron Chef! Man, I miss having the Food Network. Don't have it any longer. I remember the original Japanese version. It was the greatest and the chefs are so talented cooking up 5 dishes with just one ingredient in an hour--well, that's how they show it.

I also wondered what happened after they stopped showing it on weekend evenings and then I found that they show it at 4AM on Tuesday--so I tried staying up late a few times just to watch it, lol. x.x;

I've watched a few Iron Chef America episodes, but it's just not the same. It just doesn't have the same feeling as the original Iron Chef does--well, to me it doesn't. ^^;[/color][/font][/size]