OtakuBoards

TheOtaku Contest: Haruhi Dance Challenge

Japan

[COLOR=DarkRed]The day of it's opening, an excited Adam instant messaged me and told me I should join in. Found [URL=http://www.theotaku.com/news/view/theotaku.com_haruhi_dance_challenge/2451/]here [/URL] . I might try this but it makes me unhappy that it is not the para para dance instead. Anyways, are any of you interested in trying out for this contest? If so, why and if not, why? Heh.

Like I said, I might try this but I am unsure since I won't be very active this summer. It does look like a fun dance though. The one video that Adam linked to as an example made me think, they are dumb. That those two otaku's? The girl's clothes look so fake that it makes me shudder. Anyways, what are your thoughts?[/COLOR]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]What a cute idea. If it were an in-person workshop (at a con or something? But I don't go to those, anyway, so the point it probably moot), I would probably go out and have fun with it. I deeply dislike having video taken of me, though (if [i]still[/i] photography steals a bit of your soul, how bad is videography?).

If you're up for it, though, you should definitely go for it. I might actually try and glean some dance moves from it, though I doubt you'll see any video of me. Has anyone uploaded anything yet?[/size][/color]

[color=#4B0082]I'd like to learn the dance and, if I did learn it and had some way to record myself, I'd definitely upload an entry. But, like with so many other things, it's not exactly a high priority so I haven't bothered yet. Most likely I never will 'cause I'm lazy that way. Oh well.

Mainly I'd want to learn it because it would be the perfect thing to bust out when my alpha geek dominance is questioned.[/color]

[FONT=Tahoma]I can totally do that dance :cool:. The Haruhi part even. Though it's more of something i'd do in the confines of my house when nobody is around rather then something in front of a camera and sending it so hundreds of people can see, lol.

I'm still waiting to see if there are any attention grabbing performances though.[/FONT]