OtakuBoards

Tired of picking up the slack?

vegeta rocker

Have you ever been in a situation that you feel like you are constantly picking up the slack of someone else?

My personal situation is my bf, he hardly cleans and spends all his off time playing video games.

I love games but there is a time and a place, he just won't help out and if i bring it up he says i am just causing problems.

GRRRRRR

So have you ever experienced this as well? I know i have had to do a few projects with people who try to put all the responsibility on me.

[color=deeppink]For my English book reports (which were done in a group), I basically did all the work. We decided to set the first one to interpretive dance set to narration, and I wrote the entire script. And picked out the music.

The second one we basically made a play, but done with toys. Again, I wrote nearly the entire script and provided all the toys.

I didn't mind, though; my efforts got us all A's.[/color]

Guest Copycatalyst
Yeah. I feel like that about this whole society. They're like your BF. Always playing video games called socio-economic games that are as primitive as they are ape-like.

[FONT=Book Antiqua]People have been like this for as long as I can remember, so what if I'm only 17. It's the way our society has raised us. In order to successful, we have to sit back and exert as little as possible energy while we let others do all the hard work. Then, when the work is done, we take [i]all[/i] the credit because we know that the person who [i]really[/i] did the work won't say anything because they want to avoid conflict.

So, to answer your question Vegeta: yes, I know what you're going through. Just...In a round about way.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=vegeta rocker]Have you ever been in a situation that you feel like you are constantly picking up the slack of someone else?

My personal situation is my bf, he hardly cleans and spends all his off time playing video games.

I love games but there is a time and a place, he just won't help out and if i bring it up he says i am just causing problems.

GRRRRRR[/QUOTE]

Dump him. I would. Then again, I'm a known a##hole (apparently it doesn't censor this word?).

With my girlfriend and I things are kind of just always handled as a team, so perhaps I'm just lucky.

I have to say that usually the only time this sort of stuff really got to me was during college. I have always considered myself supremely lazy when it comes to school work. I skip as many days as I possibly can. However, when I know my actions will affect someone else's grade, I'm on time, do what I can and always show up. You'd think others could show the same courtesy, but I've often found it to apparently be too much to ask of them. It's bizarre how often I wind up taking charge of these things so we can actually finish them. I thought I was bad, but I guess there's a lot of people who are worse lol.

He's too much of a great guy to dump him, but i see where you are coming from.

As for other stuff, I think the faulty of people putting their work off on other people is something they learn in school.

If they can make the nerd do it in their science class than why not the lower employee in your jiob?

I'm not saying it's entirely up to the public school system but them and parents should make sure to instill better values in their kids.

My mother would have beat me if she ever found out i did that, lol.

Guest Copycatalyst
[quote name='Semjaza']Dump him. I would. Then again, I'm a known a##hole (apparently it doesn't censor this word?).[/quote]

No, you're not an asshole. You're just not willing to deal with peoples' BS. There's nothing assholeic about it. I mean, if you were to say, break up with her BF, you wouldn't do it in some asshole way necessary if I know Tony-oh right. If not, I guess I'm wrong then and that's somewhat surprising.

I don't like working in groups because fingers are automatically pointed at me to do everything. I hate it. When I say something about it, they act like they don't do it. I had to do this whole powerpoint project by myself because everyone's so lazy.... they expect me to do it too.

[quote name='affection']I don't like working in groups because fingers are automatically pointed at me to do everything. I hate it. When I say something about it, they act like they don't do it. I had to do this whole powerpoint project by myself because everyone's so lazy.... they expect me to do it too.[/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I'm not accusing you of this, your post just reminds me of it.

In my Biology class last semester, there was this guy who pretty much did everything else while the rest of it of us sat around and joked. I like to think that I did my fair share, but there were others in the lab group that did absolutely nothing.

In his case, it wasn't that he kept getting sadled with the work. It was that he kept pushing himself in, and taking the work from other people. We'd be studying something under a microscope, with one of us doing the work, and suddenly BAM! he was there doing it. At least once he threatened to make us do all the work, which was kind of empty since most of us were more than willing.[/color]