OtakuBoards

If you lost your pet?

Pressure

Today I took my dog up to the park and we walked around and she played with the other dogs. Well I was about to put her back on the leash when these two other dogs came up behind us and they started chasing Sarabi(my dog). We were about 300 feet away from the road, so I wasnt worried. Sarabi had done this before, she would play chase with them and then double around and come back. She didn't double back, and she didnt come back. There was a small hill down to the road and all I saw was Sarabi disappear down it and the two other dogs follow her.

I started frantically chasing her and screaming out her name. The woman who owned the other two dogs was close behind me. We were frantically screaming out our dogs names and when we got to the road, we couldnt find the dogs. They were no where in sight. I suddenly saw the two dogs she owned coming back down a street. She screamed and was waving her arms for them to stop, but they didn't, and ran had on into traffic. They both got hit. The dog hit worst was a tan colored dog that was sent flying about 4 feet into the air. The dog hit the ground and limped over to it's master. The second dog was only knicked by the car, but I lost track of where it went. I was screaming and crying because I couldn't find Sarabi, I couldnt see her and I had no idea where she was.

People were yelling from their cars and asking if the dogs had been hit. I was frantically crying and screaming out Sarabi's name. For about 20 mins my mother and I frantically searched the park.

Finally I got into the car and we drove around the park one final time. As we were aobut to turn the corner to go down to our street when I saw my dog run infront of the cars ahead of us. I screamed and pointed to her. My mom pulled off to the side and before the car had even stopped I had jumped out and I was calling Sarabi to me. We got her into the car and home safely. I don't know what I'd do if Sarabi had been hit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How would you react if you lost your pet? I was in shmables crying, I mean I was a MESS! How'd you react?

Well.... I couldn't imagine the reaction cause I've never lost a pet before, most of them died..... but that's the past. You cried for your dog. You've shown your true feelings, I think that's okay. In the end you got your dog back... that's good. I would've done the same thing if I've lost a pet. So next time, be more careful.....;)

Losing dogs isn't all that uncommon for me. My dad has a kennel with over 50 dogs, and 25 of them are my responsibilty. I lose puppies all the time because they are so fragile and occasionally I lose adults because of old age or irreversable health conditions. So I'm not particularly affected by losing a dog.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]My budgie got away...when i was 8....I started crying..but I don't like dogs..[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

I have tonnes of cats.... most of died, but one remains. The mother of two generations. Her (first) kittens are as big as her now, last month she gave birth again.... I must control this....

My puppy, Missy got hit just a couple months after I bought her. She survived thank goodness, but with a broken pelvic bone, burns, fractured leg and a handful of other injuries. She's almost better though. Too bad I still can't walk her.

Guest Saiyaman
I'm sorry you had to go through that.

First I lost my favorite fish. Than two goldfish. Than a bird (I thought he was taking a nap at the bottom of the cage),Than my other bird. Me and pets don't really work out. Losing a pet is like losing a friend. They just get so bonded with you.

well, i've had one of my dogs killed by a car, one died for no apparent reason, & three have been shot to death by some unknown person who lives down the road from me (who i will kill if i ever find out who it is). so i know how you feel. whenever one of my dogs dies, i'm bummed out for months.

Guest Saiyaman
Someone just shot your dogs for no reason!? That worthless piece of filith needs to get a lesson in a nice *** kicking with Bin Laden. Killing a Animal is like killing a human.

[COLOR=red]My poor excuse of a father used to let my indoor cat outside in the winter... thank god i don't live with him anymore...[/COLOR]

Guest Saiyaman
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B][COLOR=red]My poor excuse of a father used to let my indoor cat outside in the winter... thank god i don't live with him anymore...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well that is good for you Cloud. I mean who lets a cat out in winter time?

Ah yes I had to give away my dogs before sad feeling it is because I used to live with them everyday and enjoy taking care of them and then I had to give them away.Oh wells,hope there living a good life,and Im glad your doggy didn't got hit by the car.:)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiyaman [/i]
[B]

Well that is good for you Cloud. I mean who lets a cat out in winter time? [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]my dad... lol

he almost klilled my dog one time... he fed it mister clean

hmmm...

before i was born my Mom went of vacation with my older bro... my dad was left to feed the cat we had then... 1 week it went without food... he never liked animals... [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B]How would you react if you lost your pet? I was in shmables crying, I mean I was a MESS! How'd you react?[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]I would cry like a little baby monkey. I love my dog more than any one else in the family I bet. :D[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I would cry like a little baby monkey. I love my dog more than any one else in the family I bet. :D[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

AAAAAWWWWWWWW!I LOVE UR PUPPY!I WANT PUPPY!!!:love: MUST HAVE PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:toothy:

when i was 13, my bro and i were @ bible camp when our parents put our 14 year old dog to sleep. that was rough, our 2 current dogs have a habit of escaping the yard, they'll only come back when they're good and ready. anyway, i recently found out how bad para was the day my parents had her put to sleep. she had had arthritis bad for some time, but that day she couldn't even get up. :bawl: my dad doesn't even remember that my bro and me weren't there that day, that's how bad he was shook up.

Once again, I've found the perfect poem for this topic.

Dog's Death by John Updike

She must have been kicked unseen or brushed by a car,
Too young to know much, she was beginning to learn
To use newspapers spread on the kitchen floor
And to win, wetting there,the words, "Good dog! Good dog!"

We thought her shy malaise was a shot reaction
The autopsy disclosed a rupture in her liver,
As we teased her with play, blood was filling her skin.
And her heart was learning to lie down forever.

Monday morning, as the children were noisily fed
And sent to school, she crawled beneath the youngest's bed.
We found her twisted and limp but still alive.
In the car to the vet's, on my lap,she tried

To bite my hand and died, I stroked her warm fur
And my wife called in a voice imperious with tears,
Though surrounded by love that would have upheld her,
Nevertheless she sank and, stiffening, disappeared.

Back home, we found that in the night her frame,
Drawing near to dissolution, had endured the shame
Of diarrohoea and had dragged across the floor
To a newspaper carelessly left there. [I]Good dog.[/I]

I don't have a dog, but I'd be in hysterics if anything happened to Clinton, my cat.:bawl:

He's absolutely adorable and I've spent a tonne of money on him. I've had him for 6 years now. He even has the family surname on his vet and microchip records, and also on his collar tag. I've gone to great lengths to make sure i don't lose him in any way other than old age. But he never goes anywhere outside our front yard...cars and strangers (even some of our friends) scare the crap out him, so I never need to worry about him running on the road or anything.

But he's very smart....he can open our backyard door with his paws....and if it gets stuck....he would climb the door until he can place his hind paws on the handle so he can put all his weight into opening it.....how's that for a smart pet. AND he used to hide behind our basket ball whenever my dad got the hose out. But he's bigger now, so I guess he's realised the ball's useless.

O.K, I'm done now :D

Lots-A-Luv

Guest Saiyaman
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=red]my dad... lol

he almost klilled my dog one time... he fed it mister clean

hmmm...

before i was born my Mom went of vacation with my older bro... my dad was left to feed the cat we had then... 1 week it went without food... he never liked animals... [/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude I swear that is SERIOUSLY messed up. normal [people don't do those things! (No offence to your dad. Unless you want me to offend him) *Get's confused*

We had to put my doggie Wicket to sleep over Labor Day weekend this year and although he was a very annoying dog and he barked all the time (I mean he seriously barked nonstop) it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. My mom and I were the ones that took him to the vet and I will never forget that, I was crying uncontrollably and I was surprised by how much I did (and still do) miss him. He was our family pet for 12 years and he always protected us.