OtakuBoards

Ratatouille

eleanor

[color=dimgray] I just saw Ratatouille yesterday, and I thought it was amazing. It's undoubtedly up to far with Finding Nemo and The Incredibles..

The basic premise is already very inventive and creative, and the storyline was just fun. I was kept interested during the entire movie, and I really just enjoyed watching it. The movie did what it was supposed to do, which a lot of movies don't do anymore. There were some hilarious parts ([spoiler]the scene where the critic is taken back to his childhood memories was [i]amazing[/i][/spoiler]), and overall I thought the movie was smart about things.

The only part I thought was badly incorporated was [spoiler]Linguini and Colette's romance. It just seemed very sudden and random, and even though there were about two hints concerning their romance, it threw me off.[/spoiler]

This is OT, but they also played a short film called Lifted, if I remember correctly, which I thought was great. So incredibly clever and fun. I love Pixar, in short. :) [/color]

I was halfway hoping someone would start a thread about the movie. :D

Guys, Ratatouille really is a great movie, and you should all be seeing it. It's that one awesome CG movie that comes out every few years--almost always from Pixar--amidst all the **** ones we have to endure.

The first thing that drew me to the movie was the interesting visual style. I don't remember what it's called (blush, maybe?), but it really smooths things out and takes all the harshness out of the angles and makes everything look more fluid and stylistic. I also believe it's being used in games more and more lately.

The story really pulled me in, though. I don't have time to type out my full thoughts on it, but it was just marvelously written, with fun characters and some interesting ideas (especially in Ego's review). There were a few things I didn't like, like the love story, but nothing so painful that it couldn't be forgiven.

I could go on, but I'll let everyone else point out the stuff I didn't cover. Really, great movie, everyone should see it.

[COLOR="DimGray"][FONT="Tahoma"]I saw this movie about a week ago and I still want to see it again. It was just so awesome. Waaaay better than Cars (which was horrible) and definitely up to par with Finding Nemo (and close to Toy Story).

Great Disney story with Pixar animation at its finest.[/FONT][/COLOR]

It's nice to be reading good things about this because, honestly, I have not been very enthused by the previews... Coming off of Cars, I haven't found myself very excited about their projects in general, which I realize is shortsighted.

Brad Bird being involved pretty much guarantees to me that it's worthwhile, though.

[color=dimgray] The previews I saw on TV were sort of bad, but I was motivated to see just because of the hype/praise it was getting from the California animators on Blogspot.

But one thing I forgot to add and remembered due to John's post was the excellent animation and visual presentation. The colors all worked together wonderfully and nothing clashed or had gross neon colors everywhere. The entire movie was just very warm and inviting once you got to Paris. And the animation sequences of [spoiler]Remy running away from the evil chef (forgot his name) and Linguini going through the kitchen letting Remy smell everything[/spoiler] were amazing. [/color]

[quote name='Lunox'][COLOR=dimgray]And the animation sequences of [spoiler]Remy running away from the evil chef (forgot his name) and Linguini going through the kitchen letting Remy smell everything[/spoiler] were amazing. [/COLOR][/quote] Yeah, I was going to mention Remy's first visit to the kitchen earlier. Great directing, felt very frantic and very fun.

I just saw this movie a while ago and had forgotten to post about it.

As a critic, I found this movie to be quite entertaining. The proportions and the artwork alone were very well done to their style. The themes and plot were carefully thought out. I will not rush into details really but to keep it short, this movie was well made and the music was beautiful, it gave you the feeling that you were in Paris. I can only hope these good opinions lead the unsure viewer to go and see this movie. It was worth it. 10/10.