Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I play the alto saxophone. I'm soon gonna join the school band, there's no reason I play it though. It's ok .[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

hmmm.....do u like the sax??I kinda wanna play it,is it hard?My crush plays it
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[SIZE=1]The saxophone is ok, as long as your willing to do it. It's quite hard, and takes alot of breath but it sounds good. Anymore questions?[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]The saxophone is ok, as long as your willing to do it. It's quite hard, and takes alot of breath but it sounds good. Anymore questions?[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

hhmmmmmm.....nope,thanx for clearing that up,I'll stick to my flute 4 now though,after all,I'm 2nd flute in the band!
Posted
[B]I sing pretty well i suppose, I'm in a kind of band but our guitarist would like to get into bed with Mettalica he likes them so much (nothing wrong with them, he just takes it too far), I also play a little bit of the piano, i just learning to play the guitar and i play the recorder. (also shudders)[/B]
Posted
Erm.. Let's see - recently it was my 11th year of piano (mostly classical, but I do some of my own improvisation and composition)... 6 years on violin... When in elementary, I tried some instruments but didn't enjoy them - so that's it =]. I have juries and recitals coming up.. fun fun!

[edit]
I'll add two classical pieces for yee to listen to (they're both new, from a recital I played recently)

Black Key Etude by Chopin - [url]http://www.total3d.com/etude.mp3[/url]

Shcerzo by Muczynski - [url]http://www.total3d.com/scherzo.mp3[/url]
Posted
I used to played regular clarinet (b flat), then I switched to Bass Clarinet. I hate it! It's just...nasty! But when we have moving parts and *almost* solos....it's cool! Especially since there are only 2, including me, and she never plays right or loud. So it's all me! ahahahaha! *actually, I'm a rather shy person, but I like to play out, when I know I'm not lost* :laugh:
Posted
since i am the musically inclined person that i am. (did that make any sense?) i play a variety of instrumentsbut now i dont have much time for all of them i made it as drum major for my school marching band. my first instrument and my love is the saxophne, all of them soprano, alto, tenor, bari, contrabass, i like the whole jazz thing. ilove them all, i also play trumpet for a mariachi group, and viola/ violin again for the mariachi's, i have played trombone and baritone in drastic measures. i picked up clarinet easily and flute. ugghhhh....flute....shhh dont tell anyone. i play keyboard and bass. i like to play with mixers and audio systems and equipment. i love it. but i dont get all the time to do all the practicing i need.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i]
[B]

hhmmmmmm.....nope,thanx for clearing that up,I'll stick to my flute 4 now though,after all,I'm 2nd flute in the band! [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]Hey, well done. You must be really good at it[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE]hhmmmmmm.....nope,thanx for clearing that up,I'll stick to my flute 4 now though,after all,I'm 2nd flute in the band! [/QUOTE]

so when you say second flute do you mean second chair flute or second flute part?
Posted
I currently play the E[i]b[/i] Tuba, but I can also play the B[i]b[/i] Tuba, Baritone, Euphonium, Flugal Horn, E[i]b[/i] Horn, a little on the French Horn, A little Trombone, and a little Cornet or Trumpet. I also dabble with a piano :)

Basicly, I can play most Brass Bass intruments
Posted
I play Bb clarinet for Milwaukee High School of the Arts! That, my friends, is cool.

I'm also trying to teach myself the trumpet, but the absence of reeds bothers me...
Posted
I've played the piano since I was 5 - a long time now! - and I also play the clarinet, alto and tenor sax in a little jazz band, I'm learning the acoustic guitar and when I'm not feeling too shy - usually after a couple of drinks :D - I will get up and sing too.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]I play Bb clarinet for Milwaukee High School of the Arts! That, my friends, is cool.

I'm also trying to teach myself the trumpet, but the absence of reeds bothers me... [/B][/quote][FONT=century gothic]Hey, you do? That [i]is[/i] cool, heh. I dint know you lived in Milwaukee area, though...double cool, or something.... -_-;

heh, yeah, me no like brass instruments. I'm used to using reeds. Although oboe or bassoon would be AWESOME to play....

Gee-enki Dama, my music director would kill to have you in our band. ;)
[/FONT]
Posted
[color=deeppink]Well, I played the trumpet for three years which I was first chair (out of 30 I think) until I got my braces the next year. Then I sucked and I could no longer play. I quit after 8th grade.

I've played the piano for a while, I'm not very serious about it, but I can read music just fine, and that's great when it comes to singing and such :)[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tetsuo [/i]
[B]

so when you say second flute do you mean second chair flute or second flute part? [/B][/QUOTE]

I mean second chair,only cause the first chair girl is the teachers favorite:mad: He calls on her for everything!:mad: I was originally 5th chair for some reason,but then we had another try out and I moved up to second:angel:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Krillen [/i]
[B]Im a good Guitarist [/B][/QUOTE]


Cool.What kind of guitars do you have?I have a standard strat,and an american strat.I also have a les paul standard by epiphone.My dream is to someday own a paul reed smith.
Posted
I gave up playing the flute about 3 years ago cause I had breathing problems and couldnt blow down it well enough (chest tightened and lost my breath all the time). I only had lessons at school for about 6-7 months anyway.


I gave up lead guitar in about Jan 2001. I'd taught myself a few chords and could play the intros to a few songs, except 'the cranberries - zombie' I learnt all of that. I kept neglecting to practise though, so I took up lessons for about 4-5months but for almost all of that time we were taught about famous guitarests and how 'good music' was made..not how to play, so I gave them up. I decided guitar needed too much dedication for what I could give it..so I decided to take up bass. It's easier and when (I plan to) go back to try guitar again I will have background experiance.

At the moment:
I play bass. I'm teaching myself by learning the tab for my favourite songs but I have a few friends who can play that help me sometimes if I need them. I've had my bass for almost a year but Im only just really practising properly because I have a slight problem with dedication of that kind. Im sort of in a band and sort of just do it for the sake of doing it. Im playing things like 'bush - everything zen' 'bush - comedown' 'red hot chili peppers - suck my kiss' '3 doors down - loser' and 'incubus - drive' at the moment. Nothing too hard because I still dont have much patince at the moment.
Guest BulmaVegeta1
Posted
I play the piccolo. No, really, I do! (no offence, Piccolo) In my school band (that's where I play it) we have tests all the time, and I'm proud to say that I'm 1st chair.:D My band teachers are:devil: /:butthead: but, I put up with them.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...