OtakuBoards

Animaniacs

Well, With Chibihorsewoman's thread about shows we grew up with getting so many mentions of this classic, it's high time the Warner Bros. (and Sis.) got a thread of their own, since the other one was 4 years old and all.

What is there to say about Animaniacs? It's brilliant. The show combines old-fashioned Bugs Bunny syle slapstick with cultural awareness, historical importance, and just a [SIZE="1"]little[/SIZE] bit of innuendo (HELLOOOOO NURSE!!!) The best part is the fact that you're learning something the whole time you're laughing your head off at the best cartoon EVAR. Plus, they had plenty of fun extra distractions like Buttons and Mindy (dog protecting clueless baby,) The Goodfeathers (Italian pigeons,) and, perhaps most famously, Pinky and the Brain (A highly intelligent mouse and his dim-witted companion who set out on a harebrained scheme to rule the earth every. single. night.)

Anyway, great show. If you can find it on DVD, buy it (I know it's out there.)

[size=1]The combination of Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain is the most powerful and awesome cartoon combination [i]ever[/i]. These two shows are the best that the world has ever allowed to be seen on television.

Both shows contain different types of characters, so there's various types of humour in the shows. And like you mentioned, while watching Animaniacs, you learn a lot. I can now at least name aaaall countries in the world, all of the united dtates of America and all of the presidents of America. (Well, if I could memorize those songs.)

Who needs anime? We have Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain.[/size]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]Who needs anime? We have Animaniacs and Pinky & The Brain.[/size][/QUOTE]

Anime currently fills the void that the networks create by cancelling the good stuff (Animaniacs was shot in the back one episode short of 100.) America doesn't make this kind of stuff anymore. Nowadays, they take old bugs bunny cartoons, remove any "inappropriate" materials (i.e. stuff that's actually funny, educational, or religious, because God... um, possibly existant diety, that is, forbid you learn something while watching something that might actually keep you interested,) put them through the office shredder, feed them to their dogs, and sometimes urinate on them, as well. Steven Spielberg needs to make more cartoons. He may be able to save the industry instead of deliver another War of the Worlds that he may or may not be creating at the moment.