OtakuBoards

Single or multiplayer games

Magus

[color=blue][font=comic sans ms]I was watching the repeat for day 2 of E3 earlier this morning, and one of their discussions sounded like an interesting topic to bring to the OB. I forgot majority of the conversation, lol, but do you prefer playing single player or multiplayer type games?

With me being the boring type that I am, I prefer playing single player games. Every once in a while I may get in the mood to play either a fighting game with other people (Dead or Alive) or a FPS (Halo), but that's as far as I'll go with multiplayer games. I stay away from playing games online with people. No telling how some of you can turn out when you lose, lol, or win for that matter. Although I haven't done it in a while, I do cheat. :devil: (Mainly against your gloaters though.)[/font][/color]

Guest The Blue Jihad
I hadn't realized that answering very directly "Depends on the developer" counts as spam these days. Why does it? It just compressed a few paragraphs into one sentence.

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Dude, you know how we like to try and create discussion here. By stating why it depends with a few more sentences or even words, you'd potentially be doing that. "Depends on the developer" doesn't tell us much. -- Bombu.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Come on, my baby, if someone replies and agrees with me, you know they'll add more to it. It's like, don't be messing with the groove, my main former BlueYoshi. You knows that what I posted be the thesis statement to the thread, yeah. -- The Blue Jihad

[color=darkred]It depends on the game, really. I spent a good while playing God Of War all on my own when it was released without feeling lonely or getting bored with a lack of competition, because there was challenge and it was a fun game. But with a totally different game, like Mario Kart, I'd prefer to play multi-player over the single player cups. I'd still try to beat all the cups and get as many triple-star rankings as I can, but if the opportunity to play multi-player came I'd take it. On the other hand, I tend to stay away from two player games that aren't directly competitive, such as those where you and the other player are on the same team.[/color]

I love to play human opponents on fighting games and FPS games, because there is something cool about having another person going against you and having to constantly adapt to their strategies and be thinking on your feet. CPU opponents in these types of games are very predictable and easy to exploit.

I do enjoy playing multi-player games, but certain games can be fun when it's only one person. I enjoy playing ryhtym games by myself, because I don't have any decent competition in my house or in my immediate area. I have to travel to the arcade or play people online, which is horrible for fighters and rythym games because of latency issues (why does SVC: Chaos have so much slowdown? There's nothing going on!)

Mainly I like single player games. But if with friends, obviously multiplayer! I don't really like fighting games that much (bar SSBM, that is always good for a laugh), so I tend to stick to football games like Pro Evolution. I don't actually own that game, but my friends absolutely love it so I get stuck in when I'm with them. Mario Party can be pretty funny too.

I do have a weird thing of watching people play games. Games that I'd never play, like ones in the RE series (they are way too scary for me!!), I watch my friends play and help them out in the annoying puzzles and things. One of my friends does have Gears of War, though, which I love - frequently play online when I'm round his house: Good times!

Oh! And the types of single player games I like don't usually have multiplayer options. I like RPGs, Adventure games - standard, really.