OtakuBoards

School Days

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][CENTER][IMG]http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/clementgx/schooldays.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

School Days is another dating sim turned anime, but this is one that most fans are only watching for the ending. The game [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_Days_%28game%29]School Days[/url] has a total of 21 endings. These range from individual endings with the main characters, sub characters, and even harem endings, but the game is infamous for it's three 'bad endings'. These three endings involve depicitions or insane gratuitous violence and character killing as well as rape. While we can be almost sure that these endings won't get televised, it'll be interesting to see which of the endings are chosen.

So here's the story: the main character is Makoto Itou. Makoto notices a beautiful girl who goes to his school and rides the train at the same time as him every day. He finds himself having strong feelings for her, even though he's never met her. Locally there is a trend of taking a picture of a girl you like on your cell phone and keeping it and if you don't tell anyone than you will end up falling in love. Well, Makoto takes her picture, but the next day he's about to delete it in class.

Before he can though, the girl who sits next to him, Sekai Sainoji, notices the picture and begins a note-passing with Makoto telling him that she knows that girl and tells him to come to the roof with her. Sekai basically decides to become the matchmaker for Makoto since she is interested in the situation. Within days, Sekai befriends the girl, Kotonoha Katsura, and helps her meet Makoto and even get them dating.

I won't spoil anything beyond that, since things evolve a lot very quickly, so I'll just jump right into how I feel about this show after 2 episodes (where it's at right now).

So far, I'm very much enjoying this show. It could just be because the last show of this kind i was watching was the slow-moving Sola, but this show moves very fast and gets things done quickly, plus it keeps your interest and doesn't sit there and flaunt the mysteries it's hiding.

My favorite thing about this show is that it feels realistic, and the dialogue is very natural feeling. Maybe it's because some of the characters remind me of my own friends, but I feel like this cast is pretty realistic. Speaking of the cast, i like that for the most part it's kept reserved between the three main characters for the most part, only allowing tiny bits of outside influence (though this could change). The show moves at a realistic pace and the dating aspect feels like it should.

There's nothing that bothers me more than a show where the obvious lovers are all dodgy and by the end they haven't even kissed or some crap - real teenagers aren't like that! Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun with this show so far, and each cliffhanger has me on the edge of my seat for the next episode. I have to say, I'm looking forward to following this one through.

Also, I love the character desings. I'm a big fan of girls in black, though not always a fan of goth-loli. It strikes the right spot.[/COLOR]

I liked the endings for the School Days visual novel. They were pretty hilarious. But as for the anime, I'm probably not going to follow it. I don't really care for the characters, although their designs are good.