OtakuBoards

Misconceptions

Magus

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='SunfallE'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="goldenrod"]Oh and by far the biggest misconception, ZOMG you're a stupid blonde! XP Gods that one annoys me to no end. I like my blonde hair thank you very much! And if you're too stupid to see beyond it to realize that I'm anything but dumb, your loss. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]That about sums it up for me. I get that misconception more than anything else. That and the one that teenage girls are stupid, wear designer clothing and makeup and giggle like an idiot, while chasing boys. :animesigh

Just about no one ever gets me right at all. I'm more serious for my age, love to read and I'm not shy at all. But I'm most definately not dumb. And yes I could care less about chasing boys. Feh! There are other far more interesting things out there that one can do. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Where I live, there is a huge reservoire called Geist. Generally, the people who live on Geist are pretty wealthy. My neighborhood - located nowhere NEAR Geist - is called "Geist Overlook", so people automatically assume that I'm rich because I "live on Geist". People are stupid.

On the same note, my school is relatively wealthy, too, because a lot of the students live on Geist. So people assume that since I go there, I MUST not have a job, my parents MUST buy everything, and that I'm spoiled rotten. It's the hugest load of bull**** I've heard in my life.

People also seem to mistake "happy" with "stupid". I'm usually really excited about things, and I jump around and freak out a lot... but I'm not stupid by any means. 2080 on the SAT, b****.

I'm tall, so [I]obviously [/I]I play volleyball and basketball. I mean because marching band is for short people.

I'm drum major, so I [I]must[/I] be power-hungry[B] all the time[/B]. It's so stupid.

I work a lot, so I [I]must[/I] have no life.

I also get the whole "you look a lot older than you actually are" thing. I hate training people at work because they're always older than I am but think we're the same age. The guy I trained tonight asked me when I graduated... and I said, "Next year!". But I've been getting that since I was 11... (the "you look older" thing... not "when did you graduate?" lol)

:D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

People tend to think that I'm a stoner... I can understand since I hang out with people who smoke a lot of weed. I guess that's my decision and I'll have to live with the consequences. (I've only smoked once and I hated every second of it) Other than that, I like to think of myself as a trendsetter. Of course, for it to be a trend, a large body of people have to do it... Since I'm the only one in my area that dresses, or does a certain thing, people just write me off as being a WIERDO...
They're not wrong, but I just don't want them to confuse my wierdness for the wrong thing. At least get to know me.