OtakuBoards

Ran Online the Free MMORPG

James P. Galvatron

Anyone playing this game its addictive and wickedly fun I was wondering if fellow OB members were playing so we could meet up. Here is a link to the English site the game recently was translated to English around the end of last year here is a link to the site [url]http://ranonline.e-games.com.my/index_eng.asp[/url]

In the Game you play as a student of 1 of 3 college campus's you can either be a Archer, Fighter using your fists and gauntlets as weapons, a swordsman weapon implied, or a Qigong where you can either be based on Offensive Magic or defensive magic. The game can be fun but if you play it alone as all MMORPG's it won't take long for you to become bored with the game.

It plays like most 3D MMORPG"s and has special skills for each character which you can format by basing them on either STR, DEX, or INT. You choose one of these stats and raise them alone depending on which you pick will determine the skills you learn with each of the 3 having their own unique skills for all 4 class's.

Here is the backstory depicted on the website:

he Omen began 18 years ago in Asia. This was where the day became night. Total darkness enveloped the land. All was calm and peaceful until the stars started to fall. Never before has the sky so littered with falling stars. The land just watched and waited.

16 years after the eclipse, a new power emerged throughout the land. The government and the people tremble to this entity?s influence and will. It was called, Sacred Financial Group, an organization surrounded by wealth and power yet clouded in a shroud of myth and mystery. What is known about this organization is that four unique institutions were founded and funded by this group. The institution names were as mysterious as their founding organization. One was called Sacred Gate; the second was named Mystic Peak, the third Phoenix and last was named Leonine Campus.

The initial outlook of these institutions is like any renowned sports institution in the land. Potential students have to go through stringent assessments and only top athletes are selected. Its only when students start attending the schools, they find that things are very different.

The four institutions were built with strange architecture and structures. From an initial glance, one could almost feel that the four institutions were arcane in nature. What is even more mysterious, the institutions do not follow any conventional syllabus. Many strange events and practices made new students very uncomfortable. They were initially confused and bewildered. Strange and unconventional as the syllabus might be, it is, however, very difficult and both taxing on the mind and body. Students will adapt and fall into the school?s routine. Rumors are abound that the students in these institutions are trained in conventional and non conventional combat skill, some techniques even beyond those used by the military.

So far, things are calm and peaceful. But somewhere deep inside the four institutions there is an unspeakable force that lies dormant, waiting and biding its time. Uncertainty, Fear, Anxiety are in everyone?s heart? but on the other hand, they feel excited about the destruction, and long to destroy? the evil self that was hidden in their deep souls?As for the four institutions, each student just trains and waits?

• 3 months later...
Ok I try downloading this game and running it, but it wouldn't let me play it online so I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. When it was downloading and was fully playable, the game just exit itself. Maybe its me, I don't know, maybe I'm tripping out or just drunk or something.