OtakuBoards

Stardust

Dagger

If you liked The Princess Bride, go see Stardust [i]right now[/i].

Based on a (graphic) novel written by the ever-delightful Neil Gaiman, it's a deviously hilarious fairy tale. There's a falling star who turns out to be a temperamental girl with a broken leg, sky pirates who bottle lightning, a trio of witches led by Michelle Pfeiffer, a supremely adorable mouse and gags that run the gamut from blink-and-you-miss-them to uproariously obvious.

I'm going to see it again. And maybe, if I watch it multiple times, that will (by some magical process) help give Good Omens a similarly excellent film adaptation...

Robert De Niro's performance was, um, unforgettable. :animeswea

~Dagger~

My family and I are really looking foward to the release of Stardust, My dad is a massiev fan of Gaiman and we all know how much better the English translation of Princess Mononoke would have been if they used Gaimans translation.

Still a while until it comes out in Australia though

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Really, so its similar to The Princess Bride? When you put it like that it makes we want to go see it. I'm head over heels in love with The Princess Bride and if this movie is just as good, then I'm all for it. The ads for Stardust haven't really caught my eye, I actually thought the movie was gonna be crappy, since I've never heard of the manga. But me thinks I'll give it a try.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='vegeta rocker']I really HATE the Princess Bride but I love Neil Gaiman and I am looking forward to seeing Stardust.

It looks kinda quirky and fun so I really can't wait.[/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] Argh, me too! I think the Princess Bride is the most overrated movie I've ever seen.

But [i]American Gods[/i] is cool. Honestly, the trailer for Stardust make it look like a horrible movie, even Gaiman said so on his blog, I believe. But I've been hearing nothing but good things. It's definitely on my list after The Bourne Utlimatum. :p[/font]