OtakuBoards

Superbad

Darren

Obviously I haven't seen this movie since it doesn't come out until Friday. However, I'm currently staying at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel across the street from Grauman's Chinese Theatre where it premiered tonight. They cleared it out and blocked the sidewalk (which I assume is standard procedure) so I couldn't really tell who was there. Whenever I was on a tour bus passing in front, I saw one of the stars (Jonah Hill) and I saw Seth Rogen. (Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin) Even worse, the cast party is taking place as I type this only 7 floors above me and I can't get in!!!

So, I was just wondering, from what you can find online (such as movie synopsis, early reviews, etc.) or what you've seen on TV, what do you think about this movie? I know it doesn't have many big name actors in it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be bad. Are you going to see it? Tell all here.

• 2 weeks later...
[font="trebuchet ms"] The best part of the movie is the opening credits. :p

It's basically a movie that's only good when seen with friends.

My newspaper class was done with this month's paper, so some of us started watching [i]Superbad[/i] in the publications lab. It was hilarious when I watched with my classmates, but when I went home and finished it by myself, it just wasn't that funny. Amusing, yeah, but not as fun when you're alone. [/font]

Alright, I've watched this movie a few times. The movie is funny, even alone, if you're in a theater with a good number of people in it. When it comes out on dvd, it'll be one to buy for sure, but you'll want friends or family to watch it with. Of course, i feel that way about all movies.

Okay, I went and saw it tonight... With a bunch of friends, I might add.

Don't hate the opinion, but I personally HATED the movie. Sure, I got a few laughs, but that doesn't mean I was brain-dead through the movie; I knew what I was laughing about. And just knowing that the humor is so crude and gross is just a turn-off for me. I'm sorry, but it was pretty much a waste of time.

Except for McLovin. That's the only part I found hilarious without being crude. Fake IDs, buying liquor, getting punched out, and [I]some[/I] of the scenes with the cops. Other than that, the movie was pretty disgusting and I couldn't ever imagine watching it alone or with family, as someone said earlier. I believe that's it's good for a one-time watch with friends and only friends....

But that's just me. Meh. :animesigh