Epitome Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 Today, I bought a MacBook for school since I'll be going away to college in the next week, however I seem to be having a little bit of a problem with the application iChat. Everytime I log into iChat using my AIM account, it logs me in then immediatley afterwards says that I lose connection. I know its not a problem with my internet because I can still browse the internet and use other programs that need internet, the only one that is acting screwy is iChat. Can anyone help me out?
James Posted August 17, 2007 Posted August 17, 2007 [color=#606060]I'm not sure what the issue is with iChat (I never use it), but if worst comes to worst I'd recommend downloading Adium. Adium does MSN/Yahoo/AIM etc and it works pretty well. It's not exactly ideal but it's probably the best you'll get on a Mac. I've never had an issue with it, personally.[/color]
John Posted August 21, 2007 Posted August 21, 2007 Seconded. Adium (get it at adiumx.com) is one of the biggest reasons I wish I still had a Mac. And iChat is one of the biggest fumbles in instant messaging history.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now