OtakuBoards

ASUS Eee PC

Boo

[size=1]Whoopdeedoo, something will soon be on the market for cheapskates like myself, who would still like to have a notebook kind of thing with them where they can do simple computer-ish things. The [b]ASUS Eee PC[/b].

[url=http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/Hands_on_with_the_ASUS_Eee/]Here[/url]'s an article on it, based on a preview: [url=http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/Hands_on_with_the_ASUS_Eee/][b]Hot Hardware[/b][/url]

Now, yeah. I'm very excited about this notebook. I'm too much of a calvinist to spend my money on a big flaptop that I plan on only using as a notebook or to perform simple things, like looking something up on the internet. To play videogames or watch movies, I have a big (read: [i]BIG[/i]) computer at home and playing with one of those things where you have to use a pen to type and all... stinks.

So, yay. A notebook, priced $199 (4GB) or $299 (8GB). And then there's also a 16GB version, so I've read, but I couldn't find it real quickly.

Guess what? Yay for ASUS!

There, I've made a thread about it. Is anyone else excited about this? Or any other opinions or whatever? [/size]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Sounds good for a basic notebook. I was planning on getting a new notebook this summer for college, but I was afraid that I wouldn?t have enough money for textbooks. Plus, I just wanted to get one for basic stuff, like email, writing papers, and surfing the web. I?m glad you brought this up because I probably would have never known about this. I?ll have to keep my eye on this when it becomes available for sale.[/SIZE][/FONT]