OtakuBoards

Blankets, What Do You Have?

Rachmaninoff

Well after doing a quick check it seems that we haven't had a thread about blankets in over two years. And since I was not around then we need to have one just so I and every other person who wasn't can tell us about their blankets. And I'm sure those of you who did have since picked up new ones.

Anyway, for the most part I really don't think about blankets at all, other than to keep them clean and to use one or two to keep warm at night. But my mom seems to think that if she doesn't regularly give me some new blanket to add to my collection, that I'll freeze to death in my apartment in the winter. Ever since I moved out about five years ago, I get at least one new blanket from her each year.

This year it was a huge comforter type deal that she got the set on sale when her and my dad were getting things for themselves. It's one of those patchwork types and it's in nice browns and tans that actually goes pretty good with the other stuff in my room.

Now as to what I prefer, for the most part I really don't care. I think about the only type I always like to have is an electric one for the winter. It's just nice to use to get all toasty before switching it off and going to sleep. And soft throw blankets are perfect for getting cozy with your girlfriend while watching a movie, especially when it's cold outside. The few times I've picked that out I've always gone for one that's nice as soft since most girls I've dated like soft fuzzy blankets.

Anyway, what about the rest of you? What's your take on blankets?

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I.
Love.
Blankets.

I have 4 on my bed right now. My favorite one is brown and fuzzy, so about ten or so years ago I named it [COLOR="Sienna"]Brown Fuzzy[/COLOR]. I was a creative one.
Anyway, I have a HUGE, thick, soft, blue blanket, Brown Fuzzy, my small, white baby blanket, and an electric blanket, which I keep unplugged.
But really, though, blankets? They rock![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='taperson'][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I.
Love.
Blankets.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I'll second that! I totally love blankets and use them all the time. Even now I've got a nice small quilted one tucked behind my back to make my chair more comfy. ^_^

Anyway, I love all sorts of blankets. Patchwork, puffy quilts, small ones, four and six sided granny square crocheted ones, Swedish weave, hand sewn circle ones, fuzzy ones and by far my favorite, the electric blanket!

I easily have around thirty blankets if not more, I've made quite a few for not only myself but for other people as well. And even with that many, I?m always looking at other cute ones to add to my collection.

I?ve also given hand made blankets to my family and friends. I?ve probably made around 25 blankets to give away. It?s especially fun to make ones for my friends when they are expecting a baby. I've made a lot of baby blankets.

But yeah, I definately love blankets. I saw a great one the other day and had to walk away since I really didn't need it. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I have lots of blankets, but only one on my bed. It was originally a quilt that got all raggedy over the years, so my mom sewed two sheets together, with the quilt inside. So now its a whole new blanket, recycled! Its light blue with some flowery designs, not crazy a floral pattern though. O_O

I have one blanket on my bed, but I think I have three sheets... I love sheets! They are cozy in the springtime, and when its cool out in the fall, or winter, I pile them on. Well, actually I keep them in the summer too, I just don't actaully put them all on me.

One sheet is white with light green stripes, another is this really faded greenish/blue with light flowers on it, the other is light green.

As you can see, my favorite colors are blue and green. Pwn.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Not enough. I need more since I love blankets. :catgirl: That and every time I get a new one or it comes nice and warm from the dryer, my dog instantly claims it and turns it into a sort of bed for her to lie on. She's terrible about doing that. lol

Anyway, there are lots of homemade blankets at my house since my mom has made a lot. From simple tie quits to hand quilted ones. We also have a lot of crocheted ones too. Though my favorite is one with a fuzzy side or comforters that are puffy. We have an electric one but I rarely use it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]There is nothing I love more than to snuggle down in a nest of blankets. During the winter, I have my feather down blanket, quilt, bed cover, sheet, my Mexican blanket, another sheet, and my black felt kanji blanket all on top of me.

When I am cold when I am playing video games or watching a movie, I grab a cup of hot green tea, and my quilt and kanji blanket. The reason why I call it my kanji blanket is because it has a kanji design on the front with various kanji.

I love being under my many blankets on a freezing cold morning. Good luck getting me out of it or waking me up.[/COLOR]