OtakuBoards

Steph's Banner Shop [IMAGE HEAVY]

Skye

Okay, so it isn't [i]really[/i] a shop. I'm just back into making banners and such, and my dear sister - evil as she is ^_~ - asked me to design a banner/ava set for her using either NANA, Vampire Knight, or Peach Girl. I settled for the middle one. :) I have one avatar, and three banners. They all have the same picture, but the three banner's text varies.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26377&stc=1&d=1189286446[/img]

I like this banner the best. It has no text and is simple and elegant.
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26378&stc=1&d=1189286461[/img]

This one is okay, because all it has is her username. I couldn't find a font I liked, or a place to put it without losing something in the picture.
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26380&stc=1&d=1189286482[/img]

Same goes for this one, which is my least favorite, but the one with her quote.
[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26379&stc=1&d=1189286472[/img]

So, simple as they are, what do you think?

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]OMG, Steph's sister is Reminisce! The banners are nice, however, the text is not that great. It needs a different color, mostly because the black is somewhat hidden with the backround.

They're nice Steph, well, you just got back into it, so I shouldn't complain. But keep up the practice! I'm sure you can make one a lot better. ~.o[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]OMG, Steph's sister is Reminisce! The banners are nice, however, the text is not that great. It needs a different color, mostly because the black is somewhat hidden with the backround.

They're nice Steph, well, you just got back into it, so I shouldn't complain. But keep up the practice! I'm sure you can make one a lot better. ~.o[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Haha, Denisse isn't really my sister. I wish. She's so awesome. I know, I hate the text, and I couldn't find a color that really fit. I'm working on another set right now. VK is hard to work with cause the pictures are so busy.

[b]EDIT:[/b] This is what I was working on. I've been spending too much time on icanhazcheezburger.com. I can tell.>.>

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26381&stc=1&d=1189289099[/img]

[COLOR="SandyBrown"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Of course, I had to reply to my dear sister's thread! Wow, not bad for a GIMP user. I love the ones without text (The picture speaks for itself) and the other two don't go with the text style. It's also, because the baner has enough going on, that no matter what text goes on...it'll just over crowd it.

The kitty one is just too cute and funny! But I do say, the font should be a smaller.

Overall, keep it up and you'll be very good at this. You already show promise with your sense of taste and creativity. Also, can I use the avatar and the banners or do I have to wait?

P.S...Awww your so sweet Steph! Thank you and you are also a wonderful person.[/FONT][/COLOR]

If I could find my disk of Photoshop CS2, I would torrent it and give it to ya Steph. You would gush over the sheer amount of options that the program has for graphic stuff like banners and avatars. But I like the basic idea that you're getting at. My suggestion would be to cut out the characters (isolate them from the rest of the image and put them over a base color like black or a cool red. or you could use a layer and make it a cool pattern or something. If you're good with gradients, than that works too. But that is awesome. good job.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I like the new set Steph. It's really cute, and so simple; it's great. Plus the black is easier to see.

I think they have some tutorials on the adobe site itself, if I'm not mistaken. Plus there should be afew threads around here that could help you. Iknow I couldn't, I've never used the program. >_<[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]They're pretty nice Steph! The positioning of the avatar is great, with half a face and the rose. I think the banners could all use a heavier border... or a different color besides the white on the inside of the border. Or something. To help the text contrast with the background, you could create a selection area and pump up/down the contrast or modify the coloring within it to place the text in. Maybe... or it might kill the whole picture. Yeah...

The kitten is hilariously cute. And Korey is right. CS2 rocks. But I can't install my copy because I can't find it either T-T[/FONT][/COLOR]