OtakuBoards

Shoot 'Em Up!

Raiha

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Clive Owen, Paul Giamatti. First impression? Oh dear god are you freaking serious?! Are you KIDDING ME!? And apparently not. There's angry sex, torture, guns, violence, more torture, guns, blood, explosions, machetes, carrots, more torture, guns, and so on and so forth.

Plot? Nah. Who needs it? This movie was god, Buddha, and every other deity rolled into one. It was everything I EVER wanted in a movie. It had more 'OH CRAP!' moments per second than any other film I've ever seen, including music videos. It was ridiculously insanely good. I looked over at my friends in the theatre and they were staring with their mouths dropped, and jaws flapping somewhere in the vicinity of their ankles. I spent most of my time laughing and or shaking my head in disbelief. In fact if I hadn't spilled water down my shirt in the first five minutes, I wouldn't have thought it real.

Oh yes, and they showed previews for Kingdom and Hitman. Hitman looks AMAZING. ....just thought I'd throw that in there.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]A bit of trivia for you folks at home:

[B]Not only was "Shoot 'Em Up" the title of the film, but it was also the plot.[/B]

But seriously, based on the trailers and 30 second clip I saw on Conan, the only way I would ever watch this movie is if I were to somehow [B]passively[/B] view it. I don't plan on spending a dime to see it.

They're just appealing to the [U]masses[/U] with this one.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Lethargy'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]A bit of trivia for you folks at home:

[B]Not only was "Shoot 'Em Up" the title of the film, but it was also the plot.[/B]

But seriously, based on the trailers and 30 second clip I saw on Conan, the only way I would ever watch this movie is if I were to somehow [B]passively[/B] view it. I don't plan on spending a dime to see it.

They're just appealing to the [U]masses[/U] with this one.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

It seems you've missed the point. Shoot 'Em Up is actually a tounge-in-cheek spoof of all action movies, basically. So no, they're not just appealing to the masses by making a film of nothing but guns and explosions - they're duping people who don't realize it's a joke. The movie is more enjoyable with this in mind.

I wouldn't mind seeing it.
I think too many people, put too much effort into "judging a book by it's cover" or in this sense, a movie.
And ya know what else. If I did go and see this movie and it suffered because of a lack of a plot...oh well!
I got to see a bunch of explosions and gun fighting.

Yeah!!

[quote name='Lethargy][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen] They're just appealing to the [U]masses[/U] with this one.[/COLOR'][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]Case in point:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote=Box Hoy] And ya know what else. If I did go and see this movie and it suffered because of a lack of a plot...oh well!
I got to see a bunch of explosions and gun fighting.

Yeah!![/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkGreen]Ka-ching, ka-ching.[/COLOR][/SIZE]