OtakuBoards

Bad Anime

Heaven's Cloud

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kei [/i]
[B] Ah! Another series which was heavily corrupted! They changed so much from the orignal. Actually the original idea is similar to a classic anim "Rose of Versailles"...I believe that was the title... Although yes! Ronin Warriors was just bad. Actually for me most animes from the 80's with really really bad animation is just bad [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought the plot was good, just the art was a bit bad. Same with MS Gundam, it didn't suck, it was a hell of alot better then GW plot wise, but art wise, GW was far better then the original MSG. Also, yes, Kei's right, if u've seen the dubbed utena, ur missing out. For some reason, any anime that is dubbed is horribly currupted.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]

I thought the plot was good, just the art was a bit bad. Same with MS Gundam, it didn't suck, it was a hell of alot better then GW plot wise, but art wise, GW was far better then the original MSG. Also, yes, Kei's right, if u've seen the dubbed utena, ur missing out. For some reason, any anime that is dubbed is horribly currupted. [/B][/QUOTE]

I wonder if the fact that Mobile Suit Gundam was released 17 years before Gundam Wing has anything to do with it, eh Akito? :worried:

:freak: / forever hieroglyphical
sHin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji v2.0 [/i]
[B]

I wonder if the fact that Mobile Suit Gundam was released 17 years before Gundam Wing has anything to do with it[/B][/QUOTE]

*nods* That was when the first one began..in 1979! Long time ago... Anyway several series of Gundam are actually a couple of different series of Gunam. Gundam Wing is one of the most popular(especailly among fangirls...) For me 08th MS was one of the best series of Gundam...although I heard X and Turn A were pretty good too...

[B]

*nods* That was when the first one began..in 1979! Long time ago... Anyway several series of Gundam are actually a couple of different series of Gunam. Gundam Wing is one of the most popular(especailly among fangirls...) For me 08th MS was one of the best series of Gundam...although I heard X and Turn A were pretty good too... [/B][/QUOTE]

why is gundam so popular? why is pokemon popular? gundam is pretty good.... but pokemon is weird..... no offense.... wats it about gundam that makes it so liked?

Personally I think animes which get the most ammount of hype tend to end up being more popular. Although the reason an anime gets popular in the first place is because it's fairly simple to understand or it's something someone can realate to or something they want to be...Also I think the video game helped Pokemon's popularity heavily(considering it was original a video game...)

[B]Personally I think animes which get the most ammount of hype tend to end up being more popular. Although the reason an anime gets popular in the first place is because it's fairly simple to understand or it's something someone can realate to or something they want to be...Also I think the video game helped Pokemon's popularity heavily(considering it was original a video game...) [/B][/QUOTE]

The pokemon game is sooo boring....... its nothing compared to the final fantasy series..... anyone ever play metal gear solid 2?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by deadgoddess [/i]
[B]

The pokemon game is sooo boring....... its nothing compared to the final fantasy series..... anyone ever play metal gear solid 2? [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah yes, but because it's very simple and easy to master and beat it gained popularity with little kids and it's popularity grew until it got out of porportion...

[B]

Ah yes, but because it's very simple and easy to master and beat it gained popularity with little kids and it's popularity grew until it got out of porportion... [/B][/QUOTE]

Tpokemon game is a lot like those weird games 4 exanple ummm.... the mary kate and ashley dating games..... how pointless...

[B]

the mary kate and ashley dating games..... how pointless... [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey don't make fun of those games! Those are one of the most popular type of games in Japan! Only you're a guy and you get to date a girl... They also tend to make good animes. Like Sakura Wars! I understand you feel that the pokemon game is dumb, but still it helps lead younger kids into the whole world of anime and video games. Also it's really easy(first game I ever beat! well second donkey kong land 3 was the first). Basically pokemon's an ultra simpified RPG...

[B]the pokemon games do introduce children to a whole new world of video games but the mary kate and ashley games are weird... but the sakura wars are great.... wats the point of a dating game? [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with the whole mary kate and ashley games are pointless(funniest thing I ever heard about them is that they're the most like to get their butts kicked in high school!). Points of the dating games is to see which girl you'd end up with. Basically it's tons of fanservice(especially the evangelion one_). It's also fun to see which girl you'd end up with. It also can show which girl you might be similar to.

[B]

I agree with the whole mary kate and ashley games are pointless(funniest thing I ever heard about them is that they're the most like to get their butts kicked in high school!). Points of the dating games is to see which girl you'd end up with. Basically it's tons of fanservice(especially the evangelion one_). It's also fun to see which girl you'd end up with. It also can show which girl you might be similar to. [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, thats y its so pointless, i dont like dating in real life y wood i do it in a game? metal gear solid 2 is one game i can relate to

[B]

yes, thats y its so pointless, i dont like dating in real life y wood i do it in a game? metal gear solid 2 is one game i can relate to [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah yes but those games are created for guys who can't get a date and want to. Also remeber that each person is different so they have different things they can realate to. I guess the game I can relate to best is Lunar 2 although I relate better to animes and mangas!

[B]

Ah yes but those games are created for guys who can't get a date and want to. Also remeber that each person is different so they have different things they can realate to. I guess the game I can relate to best is Lunar 2 although I relate better to animes and mangas! [/B][/QUOTE]

good point, this proves how pathetic sum ppl will go.... anyone ever watch serial experiments lain?

Yep! It was intersting! I wanna watch Boogie Pop Phantom! Although anime you should avoid unless you like weird is Di Gi Charat and The Jungle was a Nice Place to Live then Came Guu...

[B]Yep! It was intersting! I wanna watch Boogie Pop Phantom! Although anime you should avoid unless you like weird is Di Gi Charat and The Jungle was a Nice Place to Live then Came Guu... [/B][/QUOTE]

What is the best and the worst anime or manga u've ever read or wat

[B]

What is the best and the worst anime or manga u've ever read or wat [/B][/QUOTE]

Best manga: Please Save My Earth, One Piece, Naruto, X, Angelic Layer, Yami no Matsuei...

Best Anime: X, One Piece, Hikaru no Go, Angelic Layer, Ayashi no Ceres, Kenshin, Yami no Matsuei, Pretear...guess that's it

worse: none. they're bad, but none can be the worse I have more, but don't want to think about it...

Can we please stick on topic and not wonder off to dating games? It's a bit, disturbing..... Anyways, there is no such thing as a bad anime, boring, maybe, bad, no.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]Can we please stick on topic and not wonder off to dating games? It's a bit, disturbing..... Anyways, there is no such thing as a bad anime, boring, maybe, bad, no. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hai hai! Gomen ne! We moved the conversation onto an im...I also agree with you Akito-san on how there's no such thing as a bad anime. Many boring ones out there...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Utena_Tenjou [/i]
[B]Final Fantasy Legend of the Cyrstals.
:flaming:
It wasn't bad..it was awful, the color scheming was horrible, the main charator was a dork, and the storyline was bad! [/B][/QUOTE]

That was the ugliest anime I had ever seen.. Everyone was so damn ugly that you couldn't help but hate it.. I mean people tend to like anime with people that are pretty.. and the storyline was really stupid

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forest_Pixie [/i]
[B]

That was the ugliest anime I had ever seen.. Everyone was so damn ugly that you couldn't help but hate it.. I mean people tend to like anime with people that are pretty.. and the storyline was really stupid [/B][/QUOTE]

Gee, it was made in the 80's. So it's not going to have the best color or have really hot chicks like they have in all of today's anime's!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Utena_Tenjou [/i]
[B]Final Fantasy Legend of the Cyrstals.
:flaming:
It wasn't bad..it was awful, the color scheming was horrible, the main charator was a dork, and the storyline was bad! [/B][/QUOTE]

Everyone's told me it's bad so I'm avoiding that one at all costs...then again most of the animes I've seen which were made in the 80's were pretty bad...

[B]

Everyone's told me it's bad so I'm avoiding that one at all costs...then again most of the animes I've seen which were made in the 80's were pretty bad... [/B][/QUOTE]

The only anime that I heard was realy good made in the 80s was Akira.
But I havn't seen that so I don't know,