OtakuBoards

Bleach: Shattered Blade

Konata

Some of you may know it as Bleach: Hakujin Kirameku Rondo.

In any case, Bleach: Scattered Blade for the Wii had been released recently... Was it the 8th? I'm not sure.

What is it?
A fighting game for the Wii Console (Finally!) that iincorporates the Wii sensors into the gameplay.

Example:
-Swiping the Wiimote downwards = slicing downwards
-Swiping Wiimote to the side = slashing horizontally
-Thrusting Wiimote forward = stabbing your opponent
-Shaking the Nunchuk = Initiating Bankai (with a maxed energy bar thing)

As for the storyline, it's just the typical "characters must fight each other and gather shards" for their own benefit. Each story slightly differs but ends up having the same, or similar result in the end. Kurosaki Ichigo, for example, is collecting the shards because someone has reported to him that the portal between Soul Society and the human world will be destroyed unless he collects all of the scattered shards. Of course, everyone has different reasons for finding these shards (Hitsugaya to save Hinamori Momo, Abarai Renji to save Zabimaru, etc) so it ends up being another battle royale in Soul Society.

Characters:
Some people were a bit worried (including me) about how many characters would be in the game. After all, it was reported that the game would be edited so that there wouldn't be any spoilers for the American buyers. However, the game remains mostly untouched.

Therefore, the playable characters are:
Ichigo Kurosaki
Kira Izuru
Ganju Shiba
Byakuya Kuchiki
Hanatarō Yamada
Kenpachi Zaraki
Orihime Inoue
Rangiku Matsumoto
Renji Abarai
Sajin Komamura
Tōshirō Hitsugaya
Uryū Ishida
Yasutora Sado

Unlockable characters:
[spoiler]Arturo Plateado
Gin Ichimaru
Grimmjow
Ikkaku Madarame
Izuru Kira
Jūshirō Ukitake
Kaname Tōsen
Kisuke Urahara
Mayuri Kurotsuchi
Momo Hinamori
Rukia Kuchiki
Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai
Shunsui Kyōraku
Shūhei Hisagi
Soi fon
Sōsuke Aizen
Ulquiorra
Yachiru Kusajishi
Yoruichi Shihōin
Yumichika Ayasegawa[/spoiler]

Rest of the list is "spoilered" because some characters are spoilers to the American Bleach show.

Characters are generally well-rounded, with some special abilities (Yoruichi is very fast, Hitsugaya's bankai is slow but powerful, etc). The only exception is Hanatarou. Due to the fact that he's from Division 4 and his sword is, well.... unique, whenever he slices his opponent, he heals them. Therefore, you'll just have the challenge of working around that and have him hurt them in other ways (tripping on people or spinning recklessly).
--------------------------------------

I bought this today and it's pretty fun. Of course, after eight straight hours of playing it, wrists and hands tend to get slightly tired. I like the style of the cel-shading, because it actually looks very similar to the anime style. Also, the Wiimote sensor makes it a whole lot more fun. There are some bad parts though. For one, the sound is a bit messed up. I had to manually change the sound settings and jam the "cinematics (voice) sound" up to its maximum so I can finally hear what the characters were saying. It's not to mention that I keep laughing at Kuchiki Byakuya's voice. When he falls down or gets knocked back, he always makes this "URRRRGH..... URRRRRRRRGH" sound.

The music seemed a bit generic too. Maybe it just wasn't my style. And of course, there are some glitches here and there too, mainly with the art. Komamura Sajin's bankai sometimes likes to disappear randomly.

My favorite characters to use are Soi Fon, Hinamori Momo, Yamada Hanatarou, Madarame Ikkaku, Kuchiki Rukia, and of course, Ichimaru Gin.
But ultimately, if you're a fan of Bleach, this game will definitely please you.

So, anyone have it? Played it? Like it?

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I was just playing this game for the first time this past weekend...lol :o

It's actually really for, just the only problem I had with it were the balancing issues...Seriously, if you use a single move of Yachiru's the entire match, there will only be about 3 seconds that you can actually do damage to her. :animeangr

And the boss character, Arturo, Kenpachi, and Aizen are crazy as well.

Other than that, I enjoyed it a lot, especially for Yoruichi's Shunkou, and Ikkaku's Bankai. :smirk:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tombstone'][COLOR="Navy"]Yoruichi don't have a ban kai. She's not a shinigami.... Or is the game calling it a ban kai?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well, technically if you look in the instructions manual, it refers to all specials as bankai, even if it isn't. But when Yoruichi initiates it, she doesn't say "bankai" because like you said, she doesn't have one. It's just her massive shunpo, ha-ha.

I got all of the characters and I'd have to say that Soi Fon is probably my favorite.

• 3 weeks later...
[color=#4B0082]A friend of mine rented this and we played it for a few hours yesterday. He slaughtered me for the most part 'cause he already had hours of experience with the game but it was still pretty fun once I learned what the heck I was doing.

I mainly played on Rukia and Byakuya, though I settled on Rukia because I liked her speed; despite being incredibly fast in the anime, Byakuya's bankai is freaking slow in the game. Even though I'd get behind my friend with flash steps, attacks would take nearly a second to activate, during which time he would just sidestep and smack me. I actually did better on Byakuya when I didn't use bankai at all, which seemed pretty stupid. On Rukia I could dodge and counter attack a lot better, and I liked her special moves.

But is it just me or are normal (i.e. not special or critical) attacks completely useless? At first I kept trying to combo from normal attacks into a critical attack . . . except that characters wouldn't even flinch from normal hits and instead my friend would just smack me with a critical attack right through them. And he wasn't even guarding. That's another thing I stopped using altogether and did better for it.

Also: Kenpachi is hax. He's hax in the show and he's hax in the game. Even when I managed to land a nice critical combo on him it would only take a sliver off his life bar. Meanwhile, he'd do a fifth of my bar with a similar combo. WTF mates?[/color]