OtakuBoards

Events

Allamorph

[FONT=Arial]So, this thought just occurred to me. I mean seriously.

Has there been any discussion among the staff and the Event Master (when one was employed) about events for specific areas of the boards? Not random game threads, mind; something like a regular occurrence in each sub-area.

See, I know I hardly go into the [B]Amphitheat[U]re[/U][/B] (heh), what since I don't watch a lot of television and don't keep up with popular music; I'm fund-deficient enough that I barely make it into the [B]Arcade[/B] or [B]Anime Central[/B]; and I have little in the way of artistic talent which means the [B]Studio[/B] is unfamiliar territory as well. I'm certain other members have their stomping grounds as well, and it's understandably difficult to incorporate all the interests of these natural cliqués into a single event. The Nifty Fifty was cool (the one that I saw :p), but other events seem to only be able to draw a specific crowd.

Perhaps, then, if events were tailored to a specific area and its denizens, they might see more action and [I]inter[/I]action. A regulated debate in [B]Anime Central[/B] over characters/series, for instance, or writing challenges for the [B]Anthology[/B], or trivia matches in the [B]Arcade[/B] or the [B]Lounge[/B].

Does that follow? Or am I being too complicated again?[/FONT]

[size=1]I don't see why regular members (or even moderators) can't just create those threads by themselves. There's really no need to label it as an official ''Event;' trivia contests and debates go on all of the time, so I'd personally rather see that term reserved for larger and more ambitious projects.

But if you apply for the Event Master position and are chosen, you're welcome to do whatever you want. In my experience, staff has had little input with dictating what type of Community Events are created. Of course, with the creation of the Events Suggestions thread that will probably open up things a bit.

-Shy[/size]