OtakuBoards

Thread Directory Suggestion

Aberinkula

[COLOR="77656"]I haven't seen the thread directories being edited lately. And I was wondering if there was a way to fix that. Of coarse, i don't see a really big deal. But it's just been bugging me. especially in the music, movies and TV section.

I was just wondering if there could be a position for the directories like "Directory Master" or someone who could edit the threads with those links. This position wouldn't be a moderator or have those duties. But someone who could edit those threads in the Music anime and book sections. It would also save time for the mods and admins.

I wouldn't mind doing it either, because I'm on at least once a day, and it would be a something to keep me busy. But it's just a thought![/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I can't speak for the Amphitheater, but there is no edit to the thread directory in Anime Central because since I updated the directory back on the second of November... there hasn't been any new threads to add. All of the posts since then are in existing threads that already are in the directory. So there's nothing to update, though if I've missed something, just let me know and I'll add it. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="77656"]I've noticed that the anthology secttion doesn't have one. It would be pretty nifty if we could link to people's stories, threads about books and authors and that kind of stuff. I'd create it if that's okay with the mods and whatnot. I'd find it pretty cool to link current stories and threads from this year.

P.S. Aaryanna, I don't check the anime section out much, so I didn't know you edited it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="77656"]P.S. Aaryanna, I don't check the anime section out much, so I didn't know you edited it.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Just scroll down to the bottom of the post of the directory in question and you will be able to see the last time it was edited:

Last edited by Aaryanna : 11-02-2007 at 03:58 PM. [Anime Central]
Last edited by Tombstone : 11-16-2007 at 12:32 AM. [Arcade]
Last edited by Petie : 11-20-2007 at 05:23 PM. [Amphitheater]

It's not necessarily done immediately, but the directories are updated. However like Aaryanna said, if you see something that was missed you can always pm one of the moderators in that section and they'll fix it.

Another thing to remember though, if I were to edit the thread, like I did after Petie had to add a thread to the directory, unless I leave a note, it won't show that I did anything to the thread where you would be able to see it.

As for a directory for the Anthology... I really have no comment on that since I'm not sure just how feasible one for that area would actually be.[/COLOR]