OtakuBoards

Oshare/Visual Kei???

KinchoKitty

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jwitham89
Gazette, D'espairsRay, Miyavi, MUCC, and some Alice nine, and Versailles.

I'm on the most massive D'espairsRay kick ever. Too bad I can't go see them in STL on the 5th *2daysaway*

Both Gazette and D'esp are absolutely amazing performers, and if I ever got a sure chance to go see them, I wouldn't pass it up for the world, and same thing goes for Miyavi!

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Red"]I'm absolutely in love with Visual Kei! I love way too many bands to type them all, so here's a few. Diru (Dir en Grey), Nightmare, An Cafe, The GazettE, Miyavi, Girugamesh, Gackt, Alice Nine, Malice Mizer, Moix Dix Moi, Phantasmagoria, and of course some others^^[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 months later...
yay a visual topic! I like Dir en grey, the gazette, D'espairsRay, Malice Mizer, Rentrer en Soi, Versailles, Girugemesh, L'Arc en Ciel, Last Alliance, Ayabie, Maximum the Hormone, Phantasmagoria, Viored, hurts, and a lot more. Alice 9 has disappointed me lately.

• 4 weeks later...
Would An Cafe count? They seem pretty Oshare Kei to me! I havent listened to them really, only a few songs and I`m not a huge fan of Mikus voice yet but they seem to be decent with their instruments. =)

I`m also really into Kagrra, , they used to lean more towards Visual Kei, but not so much anymore. I still adore their music.

• 4 weeks later...
I haven't been into visual kei for several years. I really don't live up to my screen name. I've liked more of the visual kei "pop" songs. I really liked one of the first albums by Dir en Grey (at the time that I got it, it was really one of their only albums...) called Gauze, I believe. It's somewhere in my closet.

I think Yokan was the song that made DeG popular, and it was the first song I heard by them. Probably my favorite. Then Cage and Yurameki are also in the same album. Like I said, I like the songs that have a slight poppish feel. That goes with songs by Gackt as well.

I've listened to 12012 mp3s before, and didn't find them very special-- but I got to see them live... AND THEY WERE AWESOOOOOOOOOME! Listening to them live was spectacular. I'm not into the hardcore stuff, but I was really mesmerized when I saw them "in concert."

I think it's really fascinating, the fashion aspect of Visual Kei.