OtakuBoards

Posts Per Day

[Sound_Nin]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]This is a question. (I thought that might be helpful)

Well, I'm certain I post at least 2 times per day. Maybe even 3 or 4.
I'm not overly concerned about my post count. But little details like this irk me.
Anyway, it says I post under once a day. 0.14 to be exact.
So I can't help but wonder, what is this based on? Would I have to keep posting at this rate for an extensive amount of time for it to budge, or is it just based off my total time having been a member? (Which is 6 years, so I can see why it would be so low in ratio to my low amount of posts altogether)

This isn't so much of a serious question as just curiosity.
Thanks in advance for any answers.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]I think it's an average figure taken from how many posts you've made and how many days you've been here. So if you had a massive period of time in which you were inactive, then your posts per day will be lower than someone who's only been here a few months but posts upwards of three times a day.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503f86]So considering you've been a member since 2002 but only have 301 posts, that'll be why.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503f86]I think it's an average figure taken from how many posts you've made and how many days you've been here.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]That's exactly how it works. It won't reflect two or three posts per day unless you've actually posted two or three times every day since the day you joined.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]It just takes your post count and divides it by the number of days you've been registered. So even a small number of posts after a long stretch of inactivity will show up. For example, you currently have 304 posts and have been registered for approximately 2107 days (I did a rough calculation). 304 / 2107 = .14 (after rounding), which is what currently shows up in your profile, yet even adding just three posts per day for three days gives us 313 / 2110 = .15 (after rounding). Keep it up for another week and you'd get 334 / 2117 = .16 (after rounding).

Basically, as long as you're posting more each day than your average, it will continue to increase. Which isn't hard to do when your average is less than one.[/color]