OtakuBoards

Wallpaper Newbie

Persona

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SandyBrown"][B][CENTER]I'm use to making banners, avatars and such, but not wallpapers. That isn't my fleld of expertise, but why not try? Here are my two official wallpapers made by the female who changes her username a lot.[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]

[CENTER][URL=http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=citrus1wr3.jpg][IMG]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1244/citrus1wr3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kumawallzd8.jpg][IMG]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9504/kumawallzd8.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="SandyBrown"][B][CENTER]Hopefully you lovely members can give me some do's and dont's about making a wallaper. Of course, criticism is always wanted.[/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I think you're doing great so far, Simplicity. :]

The only pointers I really would love to give you are these:

[B]*Picture Size/Quality[/B]- This is really important, since basically the picture does make the wallpaper. From what I see, you're doing really well; aside from that fact, in the first one, I believe you should play around with the colouring of the couple, but not too much if you know what I mean. This is just my point of view, but in my works, I like the pictures to kind of blend in with the background colours. Also, playing with Levels and Curves helps with the sharpness of the picture.

[B]*Text[/B]- The text of the words make the wallpaper like an accessory. You don't want to make it too plain or too over-bearing. You want it to fit with the overall theme of the wallpaper in order for it to blend in smoothly.

[B]*Textures/Brushes/Patterns[/B]- I think you did really well with it overall. Although, in the first one, the patterns and lines look a bit blurry. Did you over-expand the brush a little too much? If not, I'd say use a little bit of a darker colour instead.

One more thing: it might be just me, but when a wallpaper has a "By: So and So" anywhere on the wallpaper, it makes me not want to use it. Everyone wants their works to be known that they made it, but in this case, it's better to just leave it un-named.

Anyway~! This is just my two sense and how I see things, so you don't have to listen to me. I really hope to see more of your stuff; you're a artist in the making.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]-Bows-

Thank you very much for the helpful tips, it's really appreciated!

[SIZE="1"][QUOTE]I believe you should play around with the colouring of the couple, but not too much if you know what I mean. This is just my point of view, but in my works, I like the pictures to kind of blend in with the background colours. Also, playing with Levels and Curves helps with the sharpness of the picture.[/QUOTE][/SIZE]

Somehow, I just knew that would be brought up. I really did have difficulty on picking a lovely shade. Also with the leveling and curving, I'll make sure to keep that in mind. I'm not comfortable with that area yet, so improving on it is a must.

[QUOTE]One more thing: it might be just me, but when a wallpaper has a "By: So and So" anywhere on the wallpaper, it makes me not want to use it. Everyone wants their works to be known that they made it, but in this case, it's better to just leave it un-named.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that, the first one was for personal use only. Well, until I didn't use it anymore and released it in the [B]Otaku[/B]. Guess I was just lazy to take it off, big mistake(lol).

P.S

Did I mention I'm your fan (You have a lot)!LOl...I love your work and believe it or not, your one of my favorite graphics designer I look up to.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Oh, there's no need to apologize if you were going to do it anyway; besides, that's just my pet-peeve about things like that.

Ahahaha, aw you flatter me. Thank you so much; your compliments and like give me the confidence to excel further in the graphic design area. c:

I hope to see more of your works here, my fan. Hahaha.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]