OtakuBoards

Videos on NDS

Godot

I have an R4 for the NDS, for those of you who dont know an R4 is a DS cartridge with a mini SD attachment that allows you to download multiple games onto it to play. One of the features available on the R4 is moonshell which allows you to play videos on your NDS, full length videos (which i use for anime). I can have 10+ hours of videos on my DS, with decent quality as well. I was wondering if you think Nintendo should invest in videos for the DS. The PSP already has official video products and i think its time that nintendo jump in.

Personally, I think it's a feature that would be nice, but isn't really necessary. I think it'd be great, but not if it distracted from actual games. The big wall currently separating the PSP from the DS is that the DS has more games that are more fun. The PSP, if I understand the situation right, is mostly bought for hacking, emulation and portable movies.

That said, it would be pretty fun to see what they would do with that other screen. Perhaps an easy DVD menu?

[color=#4B0082]I've been seeing a few fansubs pop up in the DPG format for playback on the DS but hadn't looked into this before. It doesn't really interest me. As if the PSP's screen weren't tiny enough for video playback, one of the DS's screens is even tinier. I can only imagine how bad it would be trying to read subtitles on it.

Music playback interests me more but I'd still rather buy a dedicated mp3 player instead.[/color]