OtakuBoards

Spore: Awesome.

Decay

My first thread, by the way!

Anyhow, I've been researching and finding eveything I an about Spore for as long as I can, which starte with the Gamer's Magazine for March 2003. It's been a long five years waiting, and finally the release date is September 5. The game is phenominal so far, a complete free world to grow in. I love the idea, the gameplay, the five stages, everything about it. I'm planning on investing in a laptop just for this game. What do you guys think of it?

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I completely agree, the game looks outstanding. I watched a demo on YouTube where Will Wright brought in Robin Williams to try out the creature phase and make his own guy and everything and the sheer amount of possibilities when making a creature was mind blowing. And Robin was hilarious, of course.

I really love the direction they went with the modeling. You get a piece of clay basically and mold it any way you want, add arms, legs and facial features and you've got a basic creature. This is the first game where I'll be able to [i]draw[/i] what I want my guy to look like before I even open the game and will actually be able to make it.

Spore is going to be big.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to Spore. The creature/vehicle/building modelling system alone will be worth it I think.

I've watched a ton of videos and read all the articles... this is one of my most-wanted games at the moment.[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Do you guys know anything about whether or not there will be online in Spore? I heard that once you hit the Space Phase you can fly to other peoples planets but that was just a rumor.

And apparently on June 17th a free creature demo will be released on the Spore website. I'm excited![/COLOR][/FONT]

It's not online. That's why it was specifically named a massively single player online game. Once you hit the space phase you can indeed fly to planets that other people may have seen, but it will be your universe. All the content will be accessed from a main database made up from everything every user has ever created specifically to fit your gaming needs based on how agressively you play and how you built your creatures. It's amazing. But either way you will never actually be reacting with any other player, just with their creations and the AI associated with how they played them.

The free creature demo is pretty cool. It doesn't have all the parts, but for like 10 dollars you can buy the whole creation system in most electronic goods stores. The really cool thing is that anything you create can be then uploaded in the real game when it comes out.

Yeah. I've done my research.