OtakuBoards

Rate The Avatar/Signature Above You

boothten

[size=1]Alright, here's hoping this brings about more activity here ha.[/size]

[size=5][b]Rules & Guidelines[/b][/size]
[size=1]The idea's simple, except I'm gonna add a bit more to the typical rules.
In an attempt to keep posts simply consisting of "6/10" out of this thread, you [b]MUST[/b] post at least [b]2 (two)[/b] sentences giving [b]constructive[/b] criticism.

Rate the avatar, rate the signature, tell the artist the pros and cons, give suggestions on how to improve, feel free to even class the skill level of the designer if you feel confident enough to do so (Low Novice, Solid Novice, High Novice, Low Intermediate, Solid Intermediate, High Intermediate, Low Pro, Solid Pro, High Pro).

Basically, what these threads usually do are a quick way to find out what other artists think of your tags/avatars, instead of posting a separate thread for separate banners every time.

So there you go, have at it everyone!

And, obviously enough, I'm first haha.
;D![/size]

[SIZE="1"]Ah, maybe we'll get some action around here for once...

As for your sig boothten; I must say its not one of my favorites. I've seen your better work. :p I guess its just blah. The image is smack dab in the middle, and the light/bright colors compared to the black background just makes it stick out so much. Unless thats what your were aiming for. The boxed type is a little odd too. ;)[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]I like how you had the picture speak for itself. I think it was wise to not had done too much for the image. Color and stock placement is good. But I think that the large 'Isreal' is too big. It distracts the eye away from the image itself and only focuses on the typography.

For your avi, I think you should've had more of the silhouette of the buildings since black is such a strong color, it would have created more contrast.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well first off, I am not a graphics artist and I?m also assuming that even with your wording boothten it was not your intent that this only be for someone who exclusively made their entire set. If it was then you might want to clarify that bit. Anyway just to be clear, for my own set, I made the avatar but the banner was made by SunfallE.

Anyway, with that said? What I like about your avatar and banner jigglyness is how clean and clear the picture is. It?s not vivid color wise and I think that works in its favor actually.

I do find the font for the J kind of distracting as if it?s just there instead of flowing with the banner. Also, the black border for the banner is distracting in that it seems a tiny bit awkward when put together with the avatar.

[B]EDIT:[/B][quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]At least hers match, lol.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]I do have a banner that matches the avatar that I made. :p I switched it out when Beth and I decided to go with matching ones for the rpg we are in.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5007/rachbanja7.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Also, the black border for the banner is distracting in that it seems a tiny bit awkward when put together with the avatar.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]At least hers match, lol.

I like your banner, the green flows nicely into the red and it matches the characters well. There's a lot of empty space, though. I think you could have that same good banner but a lot smaller and it would seem a bit more artsy perhaps.

I love your avatar. Just the angle of the picture is great and I'm a big fan of 1px black borders around 1px white borders.

I also like how the text at the top of your signature matches the girls hair. :p[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] someone rate me zomg[/font][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Let's keep this spam-free, shall we?

@ 8bit: Um, nothing much to say? Ha, sharpen it up a bit, it's a little too blurry.
And that guy in the picture looks funny, tbh.
haha
;D![/size]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"][quote name='boothten'][size=1]Let's keep this spam-free, shall we?

@ 8bit: Um, nothing much to say? Ha, sharpen it up a bit, it's a little too blurry.
And that guy in the picture looks funny, tbh.
haha
;D![/size][/QUOTE]
Just because there is no banner doesn't mean you can't say anything about the signature. :(

And that guy in the picture is me, bahaha. It was taken at a Jays (Toronto Blue Jays) game I went to last summer with a bunch of people from work. Aside from the text, the picture is unedited so I didn't really want to muck it up or anything.

So, unlike SPX I actually like the vibrant light colours coming out of the guy in your banner. The ones on the left side of him almost seem like they should be going the opposite direction of the ones of the right but it's no biggy. It kind of gives a concert feel to the banner (all those lighting special effects you get at concerts) which is neat. I don't like that gradient block, though. It's distracting, hah.

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] someone rate me zomg[/font]
[size=1][indent][color=green][b]Boo -[/b] Why, Lunox?[/color][/indent][/size][/QUOTE]
I refuse to believe that was Lunox. lol[/COLOR][/FONT]