OtakuBoards

Photo Editor for Mac?

Epitome

[size=1]I am looking to get back into making banners, yet I am not too sure which photo editor that I should be using. I used Ulead Photo Express when I was using a PC which I cannot find a copy of that which is compatible with Macs.

So I was just interested in what other OBers that use Macs and that are in the banner making business use. Some opinions on which ones work for you guys would also be nice. Thanks.[/size]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Palatino Linotype"]I don't think there's any debate that Adobe Photoshop (most current version is CS3, I believe) is the premier photo editor. It's easy to use, has a huge variety of functions and, I thought, comes standard on most Macs. If you're using a Mac you probably already have it.

I don't personally own a Mac, but we use them in my Digital Graphics class, and the huge spectrum of things you can do even with a blank image is astounding. Simple changes such as size, rotation, and opacity can be done with minimal understanding of the program, and most other functions aren't too much harder to grasp. It also comes with a selection of 'filters' which morph the image in various ways and can add some impressive effects to your banner. Best of all is the 'layer' system which allows changes to seperate parts of the image without affecting any others.

Hope this helped.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Does anyone know if Macbook Pro's come with Photoshop? [not to get off topic]. I would also like to know the same things as Epitome. I'll be getting my Macbook Pro in like a month or so, and yeah. It would be helpful if someone knows for a fact whether or not Macbook pro's have photoshop.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="#004a6f"]Photoshop doesn't come with macs. Macs are apparently just better suited for grapic designers.

Photoshop is pretty expensive (about 700 bucks I think), but a pretty decent and free graphics editing program is gimp: [url]http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/[/url][/COLOR]

Kind of late, but I have a Macbook Pro, and on it I use the GIMP for graphics (signatures, avatars, wallpapers, etc.) and Photoshop Elements that came with my Wacom tablet for drawing. Unfortunately, the GIMP doesn't have a native format on Mac yet, and for some reason this means that, unlike on Linux and Windows versions, there is no pressure sensitivity recognition for tablets. If it weren't for that I would only use the GIMP (that's just my personal preference, though).

Also, to answer jigglyness' question, Macbook Pros don't come with any image editing software pre-installed (except iPhoto, I guess, but I don't use it/know what it does ^^; ).