OtakuBoards

Zero Punctuation Game Reviews [PG-13]

Kitchen Sink

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1412/1283861272_54971c9653_m.jpg[/IMG]

Has anyone seen the Zero Punctuation reviews at escapistmagazine.com? They're some of the funniest game reviews I have ever seen.

The reviews are fast paced, with Yahtzee, the reviewer, stopping only to catch his breath. I guess that's why it's called Zero Punctuation.

What really makes this review series is it's crude humour. Yahtzee will fill a game review with witty comments about the games controls or graphics, and throw in the odd sex joke as well. It makes the series witty and informative at the same time. This is something many try to do, but only a few succeed at.

If you havent seen this series, and you don't mind your reviews laced with a bit of good old fashioned obscenity, then head along to the video gallery [URL="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation"][here][/URL] and check them out.

And yes. It is in my new avatar,

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Arial Narrow"]I've been watching Zero Punctuation ever since X-Play started showing previews of each new review on the show. I have to say, it is the best thing to happen to video game reviewing since... well, since something else awesome happened. Well, it's great in certain ways. Certainly Yahtzee is hilarious, but I sometimes question his judgment. When he reviews sh***y games that are over-rated or just plain horrible, he has a knack for pointing out everything that's wrong with it. The problem is, he does the same thing with really [i]good[/i] games. While I don't really think Yahtzee's reviews are meant to be taken very seriously, I can't help but feel he's doing some kind of injustice by calling (for example) Oblivion the least immersive RPG ever. That said, if you don't take them seriously, it doesn't matter what he says about your favorite games. It's just funny.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 months later...
I love Zero Puncuation.
I've been watching him a lot since my brother and his friends showed me the tomb raider video.
I love his approach to games, I mean if you think everything is awful then when it is you're not disapointed.
I know he also points out everything bad about good games but he's a critic so its technically his job so it doesn't really matter if he hates a game

[color=darkred][size=1]I stumbled across these a few months ago, and I've got to say I genuinly enjoy them. Yahtzee is funny and cynical while still remaining somewhat informative, even if he does appear to be biased towards "MuhMorPuhGrrs" and multi-player games; granted, I am too, so it works out well.

He's a spot-on reviewer who shares my point of view. What's not to love?

--Chris[/color][/size]