OtakuBoards

Mad skillz, talent, and just blah.

Lunar

[COLOR="Red"]I must admit that i s-u-c-k at drawing anime. seriously, though. i'm better at drawing graffiti. well anyway, do you guys think i should stop trying to be like Rumiko Takahashi? i mean, i want to make a comic book, but it's too much work and equipment needed. and would you say you are good at drawing anime, or better at drawing abstract, graffiti, word art, or good at pottery?[/COLOR]

Guest NarutosLittleSi
[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]I must admit that i s-u-c-k at drawing anime. seriously, though. i'm better at drawing graffiti. well anyway, do you guys think i should stop trying to be like Rumiko Takahashi? i mean, i want to make a comic book, but it's too much work and equipment needed. and would you say you are good at drawing anime, or better at drawing abstract, graffiti, word art, or good at pottery?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
WEll it is pretty hard. I get bumed out when my anime sucks, have you tried drawing naruto anime...
Its really easy to draw....DAnd dont worry so much about it.
I alwas think my art sucks half way threw
but it turns out awesome at the end
:animesmilI beleave you can do it :)

[quote name='CrimsonKnight'][COLOR="Red"]I must admit that i s-u-c-k at drawing anime. seriously, though. i'm better at drawing graffiti. well anyway, do you guys think i should stop trying to be like Rumiko Takahashi? i mean, i want to make a comic book, but it's too much work and equipment needed. and would you say you are good at drawing anime, or better at drawing abstract, graffiti, word art, or good at pottery?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Everyone has their weaknesses and strengths. If you really like drawing anime, regardless of whether you're good or not, just keep doing it. When you draw anime, you don't necessarily have to head towards drawing comics or fan-mangas. You can basically do whatever you want, as long as it makes you happy.

As for me, I'm not too sure what I'm good at but I guess it would head more towards the anime look but not necessarily. I don't know.

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Welp I only have one thing to say, If you like drawing anime and if your good at graffiti well then your already doing great! If drawing these makes you happy forget what everybody else says and do your thing! and that was my 2 cents.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[font=trebuchet ms] My 2 cents: If you're really in drawing, and want to do something with it, explore everything. Just focusing on anime will end up trapping you when you want to grow as an artist, and I think it's better to focus on what you learn in art classes first.

If you're doing it for a hobby, the only answer is practice! I enjoy drawing, but I'm not going to kid myself- I'm very limited. I sketch as a hobby, but what I sketch is usually anime-style girls. I don't really strive to take it further, although at times I wish I could. :3[/font]

Firstly: Drawing takes alot of practice and follows certain logic. There is a theory that drawing is done from a part of your brain which is naturally inactive. Some people activate this portion of the brain sooner than others (and some dont at all). I am a firm believer in this theory as I was (totally) rubbish at drawing and then at a certain point in my life (which I still remember as it was so significant) something suddenly clicked and I was drawing considerably better.

Even so having unlocked the portion of the brain doesnt mean you become pro level (actually you might do) but most people then practice and craft thier skill to become something incredible.

You will find numerous websites on the internet about this subject. Search from "drawing on the right side of the brain" which was the original book that highlighted this theory.

Secondly: I am rubbish at abstract, Grafiti, realistic styled drawings. However I am good (or at least I consider myself to be good at) drawing manga style.

Do what you enjoy and it will show in your work eventually.

P.S sorry for the long post, as you may have noticed im pretty passionate about my art.