OtakuBoards

E3 2008

Magus

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Granted, I want Jack Carver, the main hero of the previous games, to come back I'll settle for a new guy. As for the story I'm wondering if it'll have hideous experimental monsters and stuff like the previous games had.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]The developers have said that Far Cry 2 won't feature any out-of-the-ordinary enemies, like mutants or aliens. I believe I read in Game Informer that the story will be completely devoid of any sci-fi elements. It's kind of disappointing, but as long as the good old Far Cry gameplay is there it's just fine. Instincts focused a lot on stealth, and I'm hoping that the apparently open-world style of the new game will make it that much better. So sacrificing feral abilities and wacked-out mutant combatants is a small price to pay.

And Korey, I'm with Desbreko and everyone else on this one. It's a Final Fantasy game, for crying out loud. It's play value will not be decreased by less pretty textures, and certainly not by the different capacities of two different formats. Hell, FF7 looks like crap by todays standards, but does that make it less fun? Whatever they end up doing, it's still Final Fantasy. They won't cut corners.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Silpheed, let's try adding a little more to the discussion next time please, maybe elaborating on why you think that the lack of otherwordly creatures is indeed "not cool". Thanks.

I think Far Cry was just fine without the fantasy element to it. The enemies still had superior AI compared to most FPS games and I think that FC2 won't disappoint at all[/FONT].

[quote name=' "MuadDib"']And Korey, I'm with Desbreko and everyone else on this one. It's a Final Fantasy game, for crying out loud. It's play value will not be decreased by less pretty textures, and certainly not by the different capacities of two different formats. Hell, FF7 looks like crap by todays standards, but does that make it less fun? Whatever they end up doing, it's still Final Fantasy. They won't cut corners.[/quote]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Did I say this game was gonna be horrid? Not by any stretch of the imagination. I said the capacity of the Blu-Ray and focusing on ONE platform would have been the best option [B][I]in my opinion[/I][/B]. I'm in no way condemning this game. I'm sure it's gonna blow everyone away. Me? I'm still stuck trying to beat FFX without falling asleep. [/FONT]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]From [url=http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168776][u]what I've heard[/u][/url], the 360 port will be handled by a different team. So I doubt it will affect the PS3 version at all.[/color][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]A more suitable question would be, can the 360 port match that of the PS3 port? But then again, this probably won't matter to me either since I'm all for just buying a game on a cheaper console.

I suppose I can say that I'm a little torn on if I still want to get a PS3 at the moment. I'm all for mult-platforms and all, but like I said, I prefer to buy the games for the cheaper console, and at this moment the 360 is the cheaper of the two. (Wii don't have any games suitable to my interest)
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Sorry, Korey, felt apt.

Anyway.

MAG!

Anyone catch that? Massive Action Game by Zipper Interactive!

So far I've only see rendered cut-scenes but they claim 256 players a game, with 8 man squads. First person shooter, of course. I'm thinking Battlefield 2 times infinity. I can't wait to see more on this game. Keep your eyes peeled, guys.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Just a quick response to the question of "why would they do that" in regards to a Wii version of Final Fantasy XIII.

Money.

The Wii has the largest worldwide install base of the three consoles, generally trounces them in monthly sales, and could potentially yield the most profit. Of course, the game would not be a direct port and it would have to be scaled back, but from a gameplay perspective, it would be entirely possible.

If Capcom can port Dead Rising to the Wii, then I am sure that Square Enix could port Final Fantasy XIII.

[quote name='Phenom'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Apparently, my definition of a casual gamer is messed up. They were saying something about Nintendo was aiming at the casual gamers instead of the more hardcore gamers. (What?) The stuff I saw from Nintendo looked more geared towards family. And here I thought a casual gamer was into some of the high profiling games but not heavily into all of the big games. (Sorry if that don't make any sense) i.e. I like the Metal Gear Solid series, a Final Fantasy game, and a couple of fighting games, but I don't play GTA, Mario, Pokemon etc...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Casual gamers are people who play games... well, [I]casually.[/I] They play games, but they're not [I]really[/I] into it.

I'm pretty sure "family" would still fit under the casual umbrella.[/color]