OtakuBoards

Call of Duty: World at War

Drizzt Do'urden

I turned in gears yesterday and picked this up. I have to say I'm glad I did. Between the two sequels this one stayed completly true with its predecessor; though I do have to admit I'm a little distraught over the feeling that the game play is, I'm not sure how to put it....slower maybe?

I haven't had an opportunity to play the multiplayer yet, and have only logged about 45 minutes because of obligations at work.

Has anyone else been playing this? What can I expect from the multiplayer? I know it still has the ranking system and its rewards, which I love, and I know they changed the way they did the weapons. I've been told that your weapons at lower levels are actually lower level weapons.

I've had a quick go and i must say i agree it does some to handle a lot slower but i dont necessarily think thats a bad thing. I thought it was a bit glitchy with head shots in the first person aiming, im sure i would've had a head shot and the other guys still standing but that could easily just be me lol. And holy crap, the multiplayer split screen mode is disgusting, whoever thought that would be a good idea should be shot. Repeatedly.

[img]http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/03/31/33147_normal.jpg[/img]

split screen or console link its the same. shocking.

eww that does look nasty. As far as the headshots go I've found that you get a lot more in Hardcore mode. I THINK what they did was make it so you need to do a certain amount of damage with a head shot. That way the 10,000 noobs that go around and spray a barrage with their submachine guns and land a headshot die a horrible horrible death.

yeah that could be, saying that I played a good stint online yesterday and i didnt have that problem. The online play is absolutely fantastic, i think i like it more because its not modern weapons, dunno why. Either way its definately as good as you'd expect, keeping in mind the previous title.

I <3 CoD ^_^

• 1 year later...
lol im surprised this thread only got 3 posts for a call of duty game. i mean i know its been out for a while but still lol.. thought it was a sweet game i played through the story on veteran and then began playing online. I ended up getting addicted to the multi player online until I was level 50 and then it became too hard and annoying to level up. Another thing was that there were way too many glitches in the online matches. People could hide inside rocks for an entire match and not die once, or float 10-15 feet in the air so you can snipe everyone on the ground... etc. Thats about it though. The Bouncing betties became extremely annoying after a while lol...

Another big thing about that was the Nazi Zombies. Everyone got addicted to that. You could fight zombies and see how far you could get before the zombies made it into the building and killed you. You could also play that on coop (as well as the campaign as well) so you could make it farther before dying. They also added some map packs so people could download more zombie maps and multiplayer maps.

It was a sweet game, however im not the biggest fan of their older war games anymore... theres been too many of them. However it was still an awesome game and is still worth some thumbs up and good talk for. Now that modern warfare 2 is out noone will even look at World at war anymore haha

• 2 weeks later...